Balance Update 2019

i will follow Playa and play Fortnight- Toss is dead- Balance team u are relly big Zerg lovers- ZvZ finals all year on- boring As F

im out

2 Likes

Dont forget your 20 shield batteries since thats blizzards balance answer for toss, OH THAT 5 MIN T PUSH WITH BUFFED UNITS AND FASTER LIBS IS TOO MUCH? WELL WE JUST TOOK CHARGE AND LOCKED IT AWAY AND YOUR COLLOSI IS GONNA GET BONED BY THAT 1 VIKING SO JUST BUILD MORE BATTERIES HERPDADERP, a protoss can literally play pvt drunk as hell and do it perfectly because thats literally the only thing we can do against t anymore along with a little bit of praying. Not to mention batteries are just toxic to the game i literally get screamed at for using them but im also left with no choice clearly they put them in the game because all other defensive early, midgame options failed when you started nerfing everything P was known for.

3 Likes

I am not master with zerg, which is my main. I did not imagine being a master with protoss. It would be very ridiculous for that to happen. I just play protoss for fun

The other day, I was maxed on carriers. I was sitting on top of mass shield batteries and cannons, and a guy just flew over with pure vikings and ANNIHILATED me. Then he landed the vikings and just annihilated everything on the ground.

Does that sound like a unit that needs a buff, to you? If this was a Toss unit, it would be facing so many nerfs.

This game is so stupid. Broodlord, infestor is a super hero comp that they refuse to nerf. Thus, they keep buffing EVERY SINGLE TERRAN UNIT 100 fold, so it can have a chance vs this stupid composition/race. Meanwhile, Toss is the red headed step child, that never gets buffed/compensated so it can win vs Zerg.

End result? You canā€™t beat Zerg or Terran cause of Zerg and the stupid balance team.

5 Likes

But thatā€™s not how it works. By this time, Protoss already has plenty of AOE to kill the vikings. This was the reason for the buff, as Blizz noted. The same example I use for Zerg works with Protoss, but itā€™s just storm instead of fungal. By the time you have tempests, you have PLENTY of AOE to kill the vikings. thatā€™s just the reality of TvP. Youā€™re creating unrealistic situations to fit your agenda.

Youā€™re kidding about viable builds, right? Puck is the #1 rank in NA and he does colossi drops LOL. Ruff is a 5k garbage Terran with no macro.

2 Likes

Protoss 2 base allins (chargelots) and scouting (adept) are (a bit) weaker but late-game PvZ should be easier then. (less BL range, infested terrans more bulky so stalkers can target them or 1 storm / disruptor hit smashes them).
Also maybe immortal / adept stronger maybe if it hits before lurkers (adept upgrade). Also voidray buff for players who go for early carriers so you could micro a bit better vs. fungal / parasitic bomb / biles if you play voidrays.

No one goes carriers vs Terran because itā€™s not freaking possible to go mass carriers + storm. And even if you can/doā€¦ ghosts are designed to be favored over energy units now. Guy lands 1 emp, gg. If the guy was going mechā€¦ he just makes BCs and beats everything you can makeā€¦

There is no winning games as a Toss player. Itā€™s just other races finding a way to lose, here and there. Itā€™s boring, dumb, and a waste of time.

Even Avilo beats 6.3kā€™ish MMR Toss players when he goes sky terran and makes it to the late game. That comp is simply way stronger than anything Toss can make.

7 Likes

Thats what kills me the most the deathball just isnt a thing anymore there is no protoss deathball as much as people wanna pretend like we are still in 2014. We dont have that super powerful a move army like we used to everything has to be a on a seperate hotkey for the spells, we have to position everything WAY too carefully imo compared to zerg or t or we just lose all of our shield units to ghost or everything gets yanked and infested by zerg whatever you get it, they have robbed toss of early to mid game this year in nerfs which is what weve always had but they refuse to make up for it by giving us a late game. All we actually got recently to help is shield batteries, to help the ex strongest early to mid game race barely keep themselves up early to mid game now.

6 Likes

We literally had one unit we can just let go of and walk away from - the zealot with charge, but that got nerfed because a move complainers who also a move on their races but pretend like they dont. I LITERALLY just watched a video where you can a move a zerg army into a base, THE DUDE WAS IN GM AND JUST WALKED AWAY AFTER HE CLICKED A MOVE AND THE OTHER GUY QUIT BUT YEA NERF CHARGELOTS BECAUSE THEY DONT REQUIRE MICRO OR ATTENTION OK IM NOT WINNING THE GAME BY SENDING UNITS INTO PEOPLES BASES AND WALKING AWAY FROM MY PC THO LOL. Literally watched a vibe tutorial where he literally teaches you how to take your first roach aggressive army, a move it into their base AND LITERALLY ENCOURAGES you to leave it alone let it do its job and keep building in your base BUT YEA THE ZEALOT IS SO NON INTERACTIVE AND NEEDED NERFED CAUSE MICRO EVEN THO TOSS IS 99% EVERY UNIT ON A DIFFERENT HOTKEY CAUSE SPELLS. LMAO RIGHT. Im serious i need to get out of these forums or take a break the more i look at it the more laughable blizzard is honestly and again ive never in 20 years on starcraft have ever posted about balance anywhere its just becoming too easy to call blizzard out on their nonsense. Enjoy your zvzs and zvts in every finals until they learn their lesson. Banelines and lings vs banelines and lings so much fun interaction.

6 Likes

Oh ya. Marines a moved are absolutely as broken as chargelotsā€¦ just stop the stupidity. Look away for a second and all of terrans bio is melted from 1 disruptor shot or a storm or collossus swipesā€¦ or banelingsā€¦

My god. Protoss have had it so easy since sc2 came out. Welcome to having to think and micro in battles. Ur now famous low apm race will have to actively play good to win. About time

4 Likes

Because toss is brain dead easy to play. Sorry you refuse to acknowledge this fact

2 Likes

Well it looks like we wont ever see a protoss player win GSL or any premier tournament again. We have

-Infestor buff
-lurker tweak
-broodlord bug fix (imo this was only used to deal with thors)
-Very small nydus nerf

Terran
-Buffs to virtually everything except BCs

Protoss
-Charge nerf, which basically guts any sort of 2 base timing
-Observer nerf for no reason
-trivials changes to voidray, adept, and mothership
-Nerf to tempest

4 Likes

Stats just destroyed rogueā€¦ and zerg is being nerfed. Protoss is fine whiny baby

Likely 4 toss making blizzcon from koreaā€¦ only 1 terran

4 Likes

How is adept buff trivial?? Infestor was nerfed, albeit not enough IMO and neural should still require update but quit lying

That series by rogue was awful. Loses two games cannon rush, and the last game he lost because he forgot to research baneling speed as he was doing a baneling ravager all in. You donā€™t deserve to advance if you make a mistake like that. Same thing holds for terrans doing 2/1/1 timings, but forget to research stim.

3 Likes

Chargelots still tank the exact same as before and can do the same damage as before with another upgradeā€¦ 100/100 is not going to make it useless, protoss just cant take a 4 min 3rd and tech and upgrade and be safe like before now, AND THAT IS A GOOD THING

4 Likes

Bad changes. Most of them wonā€™t change anything at all. Slight protoss and zerg buff via new upgrades (late game buff) and bc nerf (midgame bc harass nerf and also late game terran nerf - like playing terran late game wasnt hell alreadyā€¦) - this is the summary of all the changes.

Slight protoss/zerg nerfs but they just received upgrades to get a slight zerg/protoss buff so overall before the upgrading they will be a slightly weaker and after the upgrading they will be a slightly stronger (so we have a bit stronger late game for zerg and protossā€¦ ā€œcoolā€¦ā€ā€¦).

(Terran buff and nerf for zerg and protoss)

:rofl:

2 Likes

Id take you alot seriously if you had an actual argument other than im a scrub who doesnt know how to split my units and protoss is imba thats all.

Give me some content on how why you feel like this wasnt unnecessarily a bad thing and yea sorry your basically no cost marine that you can use all game cant handle a 100 cost chargelot thats at its best early to mid game. So terribly sorry our more expensive unit that isnt getting us as much value marines and medivacs are all game can 1v1 your marine oh no the horror.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing buffs to protoss units that actually matter.
-Flux vanes or not, if you already invested in a fleet beacon your better making carriers rather than voidrays.
-Timewarp buff is pretty much neglible given how easy it is to abduct/neural it anyway.
-Adepts buff will hardly matter because they donā€™t scale in large armies and by the time that upgrade actually finishes youā€™ll be well into the midgame anyway.

4 Likes