Balance Update 2019

Balance Update Changes have been released, link below:

Balance Update 2019

Broodlord Leash range is now 9, infested terrans now cost 50 energy but are more powerful, neural nerfed to 8 range. Loads more changes, tactical jump nerfed as well!

10 Likes

I am interested. Blizzard do what they should.
But i think they need to rework Void Ray.

2 Likes

I’m ok with zerg nerfs but terran need 2 b buffed 2 make the game more bananalanced the balancecruiser and tentacle jump not need nerfs

1 Like

They took a unit, the viking, that already crushes every air unit and stalkers and thought it needed more health? Color me surprised. “We heard your concerns about T vs T only being viking wars, so we’re thinking about increasing every attribute about the viking.”

Yo… fire the employee with the viking posters plastered around his room. I like how every Terran unit is balanced with the goal in mind of being able to beat broken Zerg units, while completely ignoring all interactions with Toss, cause… who cares, right? If Toss is never viable to begin with, who cares?

13 Likes

Hellion buff
Hellbat buff
Thor buff
Liberator buff
MULE buff
Viking buff
Medivac buff
Raven buff

11 Likes

This is BW-esque. BW had a lot of upgrades. Very nostalgic for BW players.

I think it’s cool.

1 Like

They did. They threw in a speed upgrade

1 Like

All the changes are good.

Tempests are finally getting a slight nerf to their anti-air range.

Lurker buffs are good.

Though I still doubt we will see much ground play. Lurkers are still expensive and hydras take forever to morph to lurkers.

Sky for each race might still be the best comp.

Skycraft 2 may continue, but we will see.

Soo… heap of Terran buffs in exchange for BC nerf, mixed bag of Zerg nerfs and buffs, and heap of Protoss nerfs in exchange for one buff on a most useless Protoss unit which will make no difference whatsoever?

Color me surprised.

Yes, this is me regurgitating my initial thoughts from more emotional standpoint, but come on.

(inb4 Void Ray OP)

7 Likes

yes

they nerfed brood leash (should have waited on thors)

fixed that

that’s more along the lines of a bugfix

could be a problem idk

more to make the units have a later game purpose

Protoss is out of sc2 now
Thanks blizzard, now i just need to worry about zerg

12 Likes

So after finishing reading it all, the conclusion is Terran is the weakest race by far. Toss just needs some cosmetic changes to units no one uses, since the race is already so well-designed/good. Zerg just needs a few subtract 2 changes and then add 2 right back to the infestor to make it look like balance is happening to everyone’s most hated unit/comp.

At least they nerfed the broodlord? In before “after realizing we nerfed the broodlord, we have to increase its damage 2x to make up for our mistake.”

These changes seem like a slap in the face. “You think neural range is too strong? Well, wait till neural no longer needs to be researched!” Stupid.

8 Likes

i never played bw (game is older than me) but i like the new upgrades idea

1 Like

lozl reduce mule time is buff in zerg i

y not buff zerg by reduce spawn larva 2 2

Daddy blizzard PROVIDES. xD

1 Like

Such a sh1tshow, the only good changes here are :

• Tactical jump is being gutted
  • Infestors getting their power reworked (can less easily be spammed under an army since they have less HP overall with overall same stats)
  • Mothership change
  • Nydus change
  • Raven nerf (unit ruined TvT and TvP build variety for 2 years now)
  • Blue flame less pricy (yeah 150/150 for what it was is damn expensive)

Changes that are dumb and shouldn’t even be part of the game :

• Lurker den reduced build time (it’s already hard enough to survive some timings as protoss)
  • Tempest change (wtf ? nerf on the memest of all the protoss units right now really ?)
  • Charge nerf, like we’ve seen how non OP this upgrade is and how necessary it is to the balance of the game (just look how terran and zerg can murder you if you don’t have charge and the damage helps two hitting lings without +1 / +2 zealots)
  • Viking buff, I mean did the unit really need a buff just because zerg’s antiair was broken last patch and just got fixed ? I mean really ? Vikings already kill anything in the air, be it collosus, voidrays, phoenix, tempests or carriers as protoss.
  • Sh1t upgrades for the adept AND the zealot ? (overall nerf because less shield at first for more HP)
  • Broodlord change ( I mean yeah it shouldn’t be a leesh range of 12 anyway, but I mean c’mon 9 with the thor MEGA buff)
  • Thor buff (not even going to discuss how dumb of a move that is, the unit is already so good at killing capital ship / big units like BL / Carriers / Tempest.
  • Infestors NP change, I mean I get it it’s strong, but just make it unable to cast while burrow or it automatically reveals the unit when casted. Range nerf was dumb, I’m okay with upgrade being gone because two upgrades are a bit too much considering how pricy the unit is)
10 Likes

So…they doubled infested terran energy and then…made them 3 times more strong…

Questionable decision

I like the the lurker changes though

3 Likes

Infestor buffs… Ok. Im off till next update.

7 Likes

this isnt nearly enough for a 400/400 unit with no dmg output
also why isnt it immune to spell effects like neural

8 Likes

Maybe you should read the list again… …

4 Likes