Attempting to reconnect error

For whatever reason, it seems like every third or fourth game I play I get the “Attempting to reconnect” error with surrender button visible. I’m still able to use Discord and other apps on my PC that use internet perfectly fine, I don’t have this issue in any other game.

It’s never been able to reconnect either, it just goes to attempting to reconnect and never does.

I am also experiencing this issue. I had no issues a week ago, but since coming back this week every game drops after about 7 minutes of play with “attempting to reconnect”, followed by dropping me completely after several minutes of waiting.

Hey, blackhydra and Zimphar! Would you both happen to have a netgear router by chance? If so, could you provide the router and modem models.

If you do not have a netgear router, does an alternative connection or VPN workaround the attempting to reconnect issue?

If another connection or VPN helps, let’s grab a WinMTR test. Run the test until the problem occurs for 5 to 10 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Is there not a general solution to this issue? I have seen so many people have this issue on various forums and this is the only game where this happens. It is making a lot of players stop playing SC2 so confused on why Blizzard is not fixing this after months.

I am having the same issue, and I do have a Netgear router. Do you mean to tell me that I have to buy a new router to play Starcraft 2?

Blizzard, my main issue is that this problem has been known for months not just from a few, but from many. There should be no reason that consumers have to go out to pay for a new router or be forced to just use ethernet to play SC2. I have never heard of this being a solution for any other game. Please help us by fixing this issue.

Hey, grassyknoll! There’s actually been some known issues with Netgear routers and our games. We have an older thread here about the issue.

From our findings what has helped many others is to enable the QoS setting on the router. For those running into this issue and have a Netgear router, could you include the router/modem models?

Hi Caterpepi, yes, I have a Netgear R6230 on a wired connection. For WinMTR, is there a IP for Eastern? I see listed:

24.105.30.129 (US West)
24.105.62.129 (US Central)

I can test on that. I’ve also had “Best Match” as preferred game server, I will try specifically using Eastern or others to see if they are any better too.

Are you guys going to try to actually fix this issue or just keep going in circles? Legitimately want to know as I see a lot of threads on this exact issue here and on reddit with no solutions being present besides telling us to get another router, etc. Like I said before, this is the only game I’ve had this issue so it is clearly messed up on your end. Because at this point, after playing this game for almost a decade, I am legitimately fed up with this and quitting.