5 zergs in quarterfinals of IEM Katowice 2023!

Stop the gaslighting man.

So far i have heard from zergs that every single unit is Bad. Lambo says this Scarlett says that reynor doesnt Like this and zerg whiners combine all Statements and voila every unit is Bad. Swarm Host Bad muta Bad Hydra Bad baneling Bad broodlord Bad ultralisk Bad.

Lmao. Victim cards for days.

1 Like

HeroMarine actually proved that in very high level of play, the creep tumor nerf is insignificant.

I agree. Now do it for all 30,000 Zerg players? Then, also try to factor in the variables that they play fewer games. Then try to factor in that they have a more experienced player base.

Ultras are the only Zerg unit that is plain bad. Hydras somewhat useful in ZvP other matchups only good as a stepping stone for Lurkers. Swarm-host only good as a niche unit particularly in ZvP, sometimes against mech.

Banes are insanely good but necessary, Queens fit too many roles in the early game, and Vipers are downright broken.

Unlike Terrans I never play the victim card. Zerg is strong at the top-level and weaker in lower levels (simply look at the race distributions in each league including gm).

I have never claimed that Zerg did not need adjustments at the top level. I am only rejecting the argument that his patch did not nerf Zerg and instead it is a buff for Zerg which of course is ludicrous.

If you think Hydras and Ultras are actually good at the top level you are downright insane.

Vipers can’t even counter warp prism micro now. Vipers extremely bad. The patch was a trap, make hydras so that protoss just makes colossus and collects the gg.

1 Like

I agree that the community is filled with ding-dongs, but I don’t think pro player feedback is worth anything at all. The thing you have to know about SC2 is that you can never know how or why a strategy works, because that would require a complete understanding of how your opponent thinks – how and why they react to things within the game. That’s literally impossible to define even for a single opponent, let alone all possible opponents, let alone considering the fact that this evolves over time as players adapt. In fact, a good player would know this and would do their best to randomize their play so that it isn’t predictable. A good example of this would be a tournament caster who rails on a pro player for not going into the Zerg’s main with his reapers when the path was wide-open. While it was possible in that game, it could be that in most games it isn’t possible. We don’t know. We can’t pry open his skull and hook his brain up to computer and measure it. The only thing we know is that he didn’t this time.

Let’s set aside their inability to analyze the game in its entirety and emphasize, for a moment, their severe bias. These people play SC2 for a living. There is no way they will provide unbiased feedback. Lawyers go through years of training to eliminate bias and have no personal stake in the cases they represent, and they are still biased. Do you think some teenagers / young adults playing a video game are going to be fair when their success is at stake? Keep dreaming.

Let’s set aside the bias issue as well. The lack of creativity is palpable. Let’s say they could be fair and could analyze the game and could, by those merits, identify problems. What are the solutions to those problems, then? The lack of creativity obliterates their ability to find good solutions to these problems. You say, “But batz, they are creative!” and I roll my eyes. These guys memorize build orders like robots. The entire idea of pro play in SC2 is antithetical to the concept of creativity because there is such an extreme emphasis on rote memorization which in turn favors people who are good at rote memorization.

The only way you can understand the game is through statistics mined from millions of replays. It eliminates bias. It measures the true state of the game from all players’ perspectives. It represents every build order and micro combination in existence. The only way you can find innovative solutions to the problems that are identified is if you are a creative problem solver who thinks outside the box. SC2 pro players aren’t creative, they are fast at clicking. I haven’t seen a single build order I’d consider creative in years. The meta is settled and strategies that emphasize APM spam are the best strategies because APM spammers can leverage them for free wins (that would be problem #1 to fix, by the way).

I once had a conversation with a tournament caster. He will go unnamed for obvious reasons. He was convinced that there was no definition for the GOAT because every player has a different criteria for what makes the best player – best macro, best micro, etc. I pointed out that there is no criteria in the game that he could list which wouldn’t fall under the umbrella of “X helps this player to win”, meaning every criteria could be measured through a player’s win/loss record and you could definitively define a skill ranking using math. He denied that it was possible, regurgitated some garbage about how it was impossible to define skill, blah blah blah. I challenged him. I’d pick 30 matches at random from Aligulac and he could try to predict the winner and I’d see how well the math could predict the winner. He refused to participate. Lmao. He knew he’d be absolutely clowned on and deeply embarrassed if it were definitely proven just how incredibly wrong he was.

These people are not qualified to design games. It’s an utter shame that Blizzard listens to them at all.

1 Like

If we Look at all Changes Overall its clear as day that its a net buff for zerg. Btw If a race gets nerfed its an indirect buff for the Other races. Other races got nerfed good in some aspects and zerg is the only Race getting real buffs.

So yeah…sum of all Changes means its a zerg favored Patch.

There it is. The victim Card. Dude ive Seen Showtime losing against only Mass Hydras on ladder multiple Times. Only complete nutjobs would say Something stupid as Hydras are Bad. Now that Hydras got Buffed good you have No reason to complain. What is wrong with you ?
If Hydras were Bad Not even serral should win Hydra only vs Showtime. If Hydras were Bad it would be a complete meme to even build more than a few. Yet somehow we See all zerg pros abusing Hydras to the Max and whilst winning everything they still complain about it. And nutjob zerg whiners even believe Them. :man_facepalming:

I Like the smart Troll Posting. Yeah that Match vs serral was funny as hell because serral messed Up the Micro in the Fight real good while Hero did everything He could keeping 4 colossi alive but was still Not able to win it :smiley: lmao. And those zerg crybabies actually think that Hydras are Bad. They never heard about colossi i guess. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

How can someone trash one the best units of the game? OMG. It is like a Terran player saying ghosts are useless. 3-4 Vipers can decide the outcome of max out army fight, that is insane. If you don’t know how to use them, just please be quiet.

Guess you missed the sarcasm.

2 Likes

That was Sarcasm? really? :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah. The specific match that thrasher meant wasnt even won by protoss. Serral abducted 2 colossi but forgot to focus fire them and hero quickly picked them up with warp prism micro.
Hero had 4 colossi fighting for a long time and microed his heart out but still lost hard.

Vipers got nerfed a bit yes, but they are still an instant death sentence for any unit. But now they cant dish out the death sentence instantly to multiple units.

2 Likes

That game was lost by hero’s aggressive warp-in that cost him 2 colossi then losing the other 2 due to misposition, zerg can’t abduct colossi if you have 20 stalkers in front to zone. Oh and remind me what hero said about the state of PvZ this tournament? Yall have been bashing ragnarok for years but now suddenly treat his words as biblical, all the while having selective amnesia as hero says protoss has the advantage vs zerg but is weak to terran at IEM. Rogue is treated like a literal saint when he says zerg is op in 2019 but there’s radio silence when he says voids are op weeks into the balance patch that took 1.5 years to fix, causing him to lose multiple series 0-2 against players like mana. Or how about when parting says pvt is protoss favoured at every stage of the game? :joy:

All this whining about zerg after a tvt finals, can you imagine if the races were reversed and ragnarok beat hero, maru, and then serral in the finals? You’d be talking like he committed war crimes. :rofl: :joy: :joy:

It is hilarious watching toss whiners still in their anti-zerg mode as they disregard the opinions of their best player while watching them lose series after series in premiers to terran in lategame. Keep egging them on tho terrans, they’re evidently lacking the brain cells to notice.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, mine build time should’ve been reverted the moment cloak came back on armory.

1 Like

aaaaaaaaaand TvT final. Love looking back at these threads and laughing.

Ofc they can. Stop lying man.

Kinda sad that all zergs try to cope with those Kind of Statements. If its zvz Finals you say its Not about the one who wins. Now its a tvt final and you say doesnt Matter the 5/8 zergs in ro 8 it was a tvt final

And you all ignore how Like everyone Talks about the miracle that its Not a zvz. Even the casters were very Sure its gonna be zvz or at least a zerg taking the win. What happend was a huge huge upset and everyone should be Happy it wasnt another zvz snoozefest Like Most likely the next tournies will be.

And i, for myself, am Sure that serral would have taken the win if He wasnt kicked in the nuts by His own Race. Oh how he was mad about Not playing a protoss and getting a freewin :smiley: He Had to Play against a real Race and got squashed.

1 Like

And 8 zergs in ro24, 0 zergs in finals. You cutoff representation at ro8 to suit your narrative, else you’d be arguing terran op.

No it was Always done Like that. Remember in 2019 when zerg was horribly OP and protoss still got 5/8 in gsl super tournament and Blizzard mentioned exactly that and nerfed Them ?

Zerg 5/8 in iem. Thats too much but yeah i forgot the zerg narrative. Its only serral. Only serral is winning. And rogue …and dark…and reynor … And soo.

4 Likes

Difference was toss carried that representation into 3/4 semis and won the whole thing you literal autist.

Oh and toss had 7/8 qf in that st.

edit: Blizz also cited gm for balance changes, but I guess blizz’ patch justifications matters only when they suit your narrative.

Suddenly when zerg doesnt win the Winner Matters the Most. Do you actually believe that it Changes anything what the Community Said about Balance only because we didnt get a zvz Finals ? The tourny showed pretty clear that zerg is a Hella Strong Race and didnt Need those buffs.

But yeah whatever. Trying to say zerg is a good Race to a diehard zerg whiner is nonsense. They will cry Like No tomorrow.

2 Likes

It matters to the argument you’re making to ignore the ro24…

The community was wrong in the first place, like I and many pros said, then yall devolved into conspiracy theories about zerg cabal only for tvt finals. You got your just deserts and now you’re just huffing copium.