Zarya change suggestions

So as time went on, zarya got a bunch of changes, both nerfs and buffs that changed how she plays, especially relating to her damage and charge, those were the first things i want to adress with this thread,

personally, i find that zarya as time went had her skill/reward ratio moved to a place i dont particularly like, basically, they made her easier but also reduced her overall value, So i want to adress that and revert most of the changes done to her:

• Beam max damage increased to 190 (essentially 1charge:1%dmg, currently its roughly arround 1charge:0.8%dmg )

• Beam size now scales once again with charge

• Secondary fire size now scales once again with charge

• Charge decay rate increased from 1.6 to (2.0-3.0)

the idea is to make maintaining charge harder (currently maintaining charge as zarya is fairly easy, compared to before see the visual below to see it in context), while giving her more reward and carry potential for those who can, however i have a bit of a dilemma

ive attempted to come up with a charge rate that is not too much, but not too little either, naturally, a opted for the one that she had before, during goats era if i remember right, but the game has changed a lot since then, there is a lot more damage going arround so getting that 40charge bubble isnt exactly…rare anymore

so, i prepared a little visual for you all to see, i want to know what charge rate do you guys find more fair,

there are 4 new ones, and the old one

• 2.0 drain per second
  • 2.2 drain per second
  • 2.5 drain per second
  • 3.0 drain per second

i feel like 3.0 may be a tad too much, maybe even 2.5 as well but i cant tell, so i want to hear what you guys think is the most fair for this idea

However, this visual did highlight one thing, even in between 2.0 and 1.6 drain rate, that 0.4 difference is Huge and it puts in context how much it has changed.

but anyways sorry for the video quality, i just setup a quick visual aid and recorded it, note that its not a gamemode, what i did right there is purely visual

1 Like

They removed all her variable sizes to make her dumbed down. It’s not gonna go back. Same thing happend to Sigma’s rock.

To be fair I don’t think zarya needs any changes. She is a balanced hero.

or we could leave her as is because she’s balanced

I think she’s fine but any change that raises her skill ceiling is welcome in my eyes. I wouldn’t mind more potential damage in trade for faster energy drain

I wouldn’t go over 2.0 personally

idk bout this I just know her bubble last a little too long

the idea is to give her the skill ceeling she lost back to make her better at high rank play (where she got beaten by sigma) and not as good in low rank play (where she is dominating with rein)

yeah i was thinking about this myself, the 2.0 actually does a pretty huge difference by itself, i supose its something that needs to be tested

to be fair im not sure if the bubble duration should be changed

it should, theres no reason to dumb chars like that

They nerfed her beam damage because the beam bug fix increased her overall dps by 40%. I like to see the secondary fire changes thou

True, i forgot that was a thing, maybe ill remove the suggestion