Seriously does Zarya have any counter?

This one is a serious stretch. Zarya can spy check and has every advantage to not be hacked just do to the nature of beam. Zarya can also knock sombra out of stealth and will out damage her.

The bubble is meant to stop DPS from easily stomping all over her or her teammates. But the cooldowns are lengthy enough and she’s very vulnerable otherwise.

She is a natural counter to all short ranged Heroes and is countered by anyone with extreme horizontal mobility OR ways to attack from 16m away.

The bubbles also have 200HP. So if it’s a 1v2 situation both of you can just destroy the bubble quickly and then melt her HP just as fast. Her hurtbox is bigger than a normal Hero’s hurtbox. It’s pretty easy to damage her.

1 Like

If you make Zarya actively looking for you as Sombra, then you are successfully distracting Zarya of doing the rest of her job. Hence the last sentence of my point.

2 Likes

Ya mei is easy to burn down when you are high energy. Most times I go against a Zarya it’s a mind game of getting her to use her abilities. With her being super slow just dive her or swarm her to burst her down.

Will you stop being so dramatic? Nowhere in OP’s post said nor hinted he want Zarya nerfs.

the problem with zarya is that she retains charge forever due to that 1.6 charge buff,

it really needs to go

1 Like

I’ve been one clipped as zarya as solider before. Didn’t know it was possible until then.

Yeah, most sustained damage.

Hell, if you have enough of said damage you blast through her the moment she moves out of position.

Than you got hit by grenades directly and beamed down.

One of the things is that I think people don’t realize you can break the bubble. Yes, she will get some charge, but if you’re someone like Reaper, Soldier, Bastion, etc you can kill her, so the charge doesn’t matter.

I think most of the time people start to shoot her, see her get charge, then just stop firing and let her run to safety.

1 Like

do nothing… zarya literally doing no dmg without charge… swap from junkrat if you have one for example… try to go with genji/tracer and zarya become useless (almost)… or just break her bubble and kill her this is an another option… mei is good vs her too you have a tons of options

Except the amount of time you distract zarya(a thing literally anyone can do) and the amount of commitment you’d need to distracting zarya isn’t equal and the payoff and amount of time zarya is distracted(at most using an ability cooldown to sombra’s 3 abilities she needed to set up for it) arent equal and it’s a losing match up for the sombra. The zarya doesn’t even need to be the dedicated sombra stopper, she just needs to turn when she hears a sound q.

This is like saying sombra Is countered by doomfist Or Hammond because They force her to watch out for them and use her hack on them.

Even at their strongest-

No one really wanted to play tanks.

Lack of power isn’t the reason people don’t want to play tanks.

People don’t want to play tanks because they don’t like playing tanks

Thanks, I dunno where he seen that, on another thread I admit I asked, but now I preferred to ask what to do to counter her, dunno where he seen my request for nerfs.

2 Likes

No problem. So many people on these forums love jumping to conclusions about someone when they have no evidence to back it up.

1 Like

Every heroes can turn around and shoot Sombra when hearing her. Every heroes can shoot randomly to “screen” Sombra. And any good Sombra knows that and play accordingly. If you get hit as Sombra while trying to hack, that’s on you for being in a bad position or lacking any good timing. Otherwise, you should successful hack more than not.

You just don’t try to hack anybody at anytime just because you just feel like it. You use elevations and the map itself to help you. That and game sense and timing.

I have played both Sombra and Zarya long enough to know that matchup very well. And it favors Sombra. Period.

If you get Sombra, she can always escape and try again either on you or your teammates. If she gets you as Zarya, you are nothing but a sitting duck.

Of course distracting Zarya takes some effort, but that’s the same effort you put for any of other heroes (with some exceptions, which Zarya is not).

Sombra’s escape means she’s left the fight and her team is at a disadvantage. A beam is easier to cancel stuff with, and if you can’t locate her, you use your self bubble.

I mean, if you’re suggesting these as things you can do when playing those heroes and not efficient counters, I’d accept that. But I don’t think that really is a counter.

it doesn’t favor sombra. Just saying period and saying you have played both isn’t evidence to anything. Sombra’s falloff Mixed with her spread makes her near useless from the “range advantage“ anyway. Zarya has every advantage, and her cool downs are long anyway. The zarya might use a self bubble at worst. If sombra’s entire gameplay loop results in the zarya player just using their bubble, I mean, sombra’s team definitely lost. If the bubble is on cooldown, then it’s not too much different then before.

1 Like

https:// i.redd.it/zqzapnr07kk21.jpg

1 Like

destroy the bubble with reaper is the best way to do it. it takes 2-3 shots to break and then you can just headshot her while you use wraith to escape from death if needed

Don’t miss! :rage: