⚡ Hero Concept: Jalil Faysal "Judge" (talon tank)

I thought it would make for a good betrayal in Talon, one of their strongest members wants to kill two of their top leaders and they have no clue he’s planning to kill them one day. Also it give mccree a mortal enemy in talon which might explain why he didnt follow reaper into talon besides… whatever reason he didnt lol. I feel yeah on the back form the grave stuff. Kinda working hard off what we know about talon tanks from retribution and modified it.

Wouldnt be opposed to that movement reduction while he was using overload or maybe his ultimate since the heavy assault do move slower then basic troops, but without any sort of leap or lunge tho i didnt originally throw it in and it might my the flamethrower under-perform.

@ walrus yeah alot of people ask for a flamethrower especially with mei int he game. The ultimate too i liked it doesnt seem overpowered on a tank with no heals or barriers, kinda forces the important of “omg help me! Kill Judge, KILL JUDGE!!!” vs just retreating all the way back to spawn to regroup, coudl even pull mercy down (bye pesky pharmercy)

1 Like

I like it. Seems a lot like the heavy from Retribution. He would have to be slowed while shooting like Dva, and Orisa. The passive seems a tad op, but I can tell you put a lot of work into this.

1 Like

He was the base design. I think the slow down while moving would just make him useless though. Unlike d.va who has defence matrix & boost and orisa who has a barrier and fortify, Judge has nothing as a “defensive” move that i think merits slowing him down he’d be in the same boat as roadhog. I think only while he’s firing both weapons would the movement be hindered at least not on the flamethrower it’d would get much use if people could outrun him the second he starts using it.

I see what you mean. Slow with both firing, but normal when using one.

1 Like

Added some voicelines. What you guys think? how am i doing?

Granted but it had nothing to do with your thread.

1 Like

I don’t think the name would work, a name scattered throughout the Petra map is Hamid Faisal, which is extremely close to Jalil Faysal. It’s only a 4 letter difference out of a 11 letter name.

Interesting concept, though!

1 Like

He sounds op honestly. Maybe tone down the hs passive to 50% extra crit damage off, and 5 damage per bullet instead of 10.

Hi, I just came to wish you a good day. My friend behind me asked me what I was doing and sincerelly I didn’t want to answer him so he left. Also yesterday I got a new TV, 4K, 40 inches, not bad tbh.
Ok, so long then!

2 Likes

high damage tank anti-dive/sniper but without sustain or shields.
interesting concept, i would love to welcome him into overwatch

1 Like

You know i hadnt even looked at those tablet yet when i came up with this lol. More then likely blizzard has a meaning to those that they’ll announce later. The whole lore can be easily changed to accommodate a new name and ethnicity if need luckily. Thanx for pointing that one out though!

@ jacob the passive is his only mean to “tank” besides his HP pool. Like Loesco says he’s anti dive & anti-sniper primarily you basically have to take him on in a head-on fight with eachothers teams because if genji or tracer tries to hop into the backline his flamethrower will (hopefully) force them to pull back early or die before they can pick off your supports. His weapon works kinda like soldier 76’s but it always has spread and no precision aim. He doesnt have alot of damage in his abilities either it would take make him a DPS instead he’s just meant to put alot of pressure on teams trying to take a control point or payload.

PS id love to hear some voiceline ideas or other thoughts!

This is a good start, though that ultimate is pretty damn brutal. I’d look into making it less of a “you can’t win” situation for his enemy. Counterplay is very important when designing a new hero, but Judge’s ultimate sounds like it can be oppressive.

It also, I feel, needs to rely more on player skill than just making it a point-and-click thing. Something like Judge first needing to land a skill-shot.

Lastly, I would not approve of the passive as “no headshots”. He should take reduced damage from headshots, sure, but not negate them entirely. That’d just be unfair to his enemies.

1 Like

kind of OP, but i think it just needs a bit of tinkering. I love the idea of 2 different ammo types, we dont really have a hero that has that. Also, i really want a hitscan main tank so the overall concept of it would be neat.

1 Like

While archives is going on Im gonna bump my old concept up. It still needs tweaks to fit modern times but still overall I’d love this hero to play if I had to go tank.

I really like it , allot and that lore .
+1 internet for you

1 Like

Really interesting lore. I like the idea of headshot immunity.

I’m a little confused about his Ult. You mentioned it’s like a tractor beam. Is it like a slower version of Hog’s hook? I imagine it also needs line of sight? And how fast does it reel in enemies?

I was thinking it would effect movement speed mostly as in like your walking at judge you move like 2x faster, if your stationary it would be a slight but very noticeable. When you face away from judge or backup you can still make father distance and run away if Judge is standing still but it would be SLOW movement speed like your about to be frozen but maybe slighty faster speeds. When you move left or right if it away your slower if left or right bring you closer you move faster.

It not like Hog’s hook where its SNATCH-GOTCHA-POW its just takes away all their escapes and lets judge catch up to them. It the targets responsibility to know where Judge is and fight the tracor beams pull and not run into him and get caught. Lucio for instance would be a counter to his ult with speed boost or zayra using grav on him and he cant close the distance anymore and the target can make space.

The idea is keep the target in Judge’s line of sight and let him decide how best to go about killing the target. Its a single taget “ultimate” that deals no damage on its own so it can be a little OP in the “affliction” categories as to how long it effects a targets and what it actually does to that target to make it ultimate worthy. FYI it works through walls.but you cant use it on someone initially behind a wall. You need LOS. If it were capable to work on bastion in turret form be a neat way to kill bunker comp, by trying to pull him from behind the barriers when you have a moment of LOS on him :stuck_out_tongue:

The biggest counter to it is stuns. Basically your goal is to force the enemy to make one of 3 decisions.

1. let the target try and live on his own and not get captured and dragged away. (unlikely)
  2. Go all-in and attack Judge and try to kill him to save the target (the best way)
  3. Try and hit him with enough CC he cant effectively attack his target (possible)

#3 is also why his passive has a 25% resist to CC and stun. He’s gonna be a popular target for bullets, and to be a tank he actually needs to take damage. Not having shields means he’s like roadhog and needs to use his body. Basically when the you need an off tank to take the front lines or there’s too much CC for a regular tank like rein to be effective, switch to him and be a meat shield made out hate & rage and kill the highest priority threat.

1 Like

Please don’t necro old threads, even if they’re your own. Actually, especially if they’re your own. Code of Conduct says that’s not allowed as it’s spam.

It’s a Talon Tank based off the Archives Heavy Assault. Very relevant today with Archives going on so rather then copy and pasting in a new topic a bump works in this case.

It’s not like I’m talking about sombra updates from 2017 or something like that.

It’s also a year old and was dead. I’m just trying to look out for you, because it says in the Code of Conduct that you are to not necro dead threads, especially with things that would be considered “bumping” them, much like your comment.