⚡ Hero Concept: Jalil Faysal "Judge" (talon tank)

Jalil Faysal a.k.a. “Judge”

Nationality - Jordan (going off petra map’s location)
Ethnicity - Arabic

Bio
Jalil Faysal, one of Talon’s most lethal combatants hails from Jordan. He was assigned to Antonio’s guard on the night he was murdered during Blackwatch’s raid. When he confronted Blackwatch he was the last thing standing between the intruders and their escape. Dozens of Talon soldiers had fallen before his arrival and it only fueled his anger. To his men he was known as “Judge” for his strict following of orders and his reputation for punishing disobedience with prejudice. Having Antonio die on his watch was a direct insult to him and the intruders must face the death penalty for that. He fought the 4 head on with only a handful of men who feared him more then the intruders. He lost the battle and almost his life when Jesse Mccree fired a shot into his power armors helmet after the Ninja, Genji, managed to create a small crack in it causing him to blackout. When he awoke in the infirmary he learned that the intruders had successfully escaped and the bullet that nearly killed him was still lodged in his skull unable to be removed. Though he was praised and promoted for being one of the few to survive a fight with four, he felt it was undeserved having failed in his mission. After the catastrophe he did not blame his own actions, the suit of armor was obviously flawed and sought to rectify the situation right away. A cocky ninja and a lucky cowboy had brought him down and his improvements we’re geared to slaying them should he have the chance again.

Years later he would run into two of the intruders who nearly killed him, but not the ones he sought most to kill. Reaper and Moira had joined Talon after the fall of Overwatch. They did not recognize him at all, to them he was just a heavy assault in their way at the time. Rather then confront the two immediately he felt their presence would help him eventually track down the other two vermin first. Highly praised among the ranks he now works with Reaper frequently who he found out had close ties to the cowboy at one point and would hopefully lead him to his sought after revenge. Perhaps after he killed Mccree his commander could have an “accident” as well. Moria could wait… for now.

Overview
Judge uses his own variant of the Talon heavy assault power armor. The right arm still has a machingun attached but the left arm has been outfitted with a flamethrower as bullets proved to be ineffective at fighting the ninja who deflected most of his own bullets back at him. The helmet has been reinforced and he has no doubts even a high caliber sniper rifle couldn’t penetrate it at this point. Even though the suit’s original thrusters gave him a huge mobility boost, they were clumsy and next time he finds his targets they must not be allowed to flee. His ultimate weapon in getting his revenge is a tractor beam that pulls a target to him that prevents escape so he can decide which way they die at his leisure.

Stats
JUDGE:

400 HP 200 Armor

Primary
Arm-Mounted Machinegun – 50 round belt fed
Damage 10 damage per shot, tight spread, hitscan.

Secondary
Arm-mounted Flamethrower – 100 fuel (depletes quickly)
25 damage per second close range AOE (does not penetrate barriers)

notes - Separate ammo but manually reloading cause both to be reloaded at the same time.

Ability 1
Overload – Both his weapons are reloaded quickly and he can fire both at the same time while Overload is active and ammo depletes at half the rate without dropping firing speed.
Cooldown - 15 seconds
Duration - 4 seconds

notes - suggested below, maybe if it’s overpower he moves slower while using both weapons at once.

Ability 2
Fireblast – The flamethrower lets out a massive blast that uses up 25 of the fuel causing a wider AOE cone at a shorter distance in front of him for 50 damage to all in the blast. Can not be used if there is not enough fuel.
Cooldown – 9 seconds

Ultimate
Condemn – Judge has replaced the boosters with a device that pulls a target to him for 10 seconds. The target can still move to fight the effects, but escapes are disabled such as genji’s dash, sombras translocator, and tracer’s blink (think graviton surge). If the target comes within melee distance of Judge their movement is completely disabled and they are stuck in front of Judge suspended off the ground till the Ultimate ends and 2 seconds is added to the duration.

Passive
Impenetrable – headshots do not cause critical damage to Judge and are considered a body shot. Being stunned recovers at a 25% faster rate (Mccree’s Deadeye will charge a killshot at half the rate)

Strengths

• Powerful mid-short range tank
  • Strong vs snipers and character dependant on headshots
  • His ultimate can pretty much confirm a kill on a single target so long as Judge does not die.
  • Can help smash through barriers quickly with his Overload ability

Weaknesses

• High damage weapons such as rockets
  • His only long range is his primary machingun which has spread
  • Big target, easy to hit.
  • No mobility move’s just his ultimate pull which is effective only on a single target but great for pulling that target off a high ledge and preventing their escape.

Voiceline Ideas

Ultimate
Enemies hear: “You cant escape me!”
Allies hear: “Finish off this vermin.”
You hear: “I’ve been waiting for this moment.”

Upon Killing
Mccree: “No lucky shots this time.”
Genji: “All out of tricks ninja?”
Reaper: “Sorry, boss, my finger slipped”
Moira: “You never belonged here”

Interactions

Reaper and Judge same team:
Reaper - “You all set Judge.”
Judge - “Yea… I’ll watch your back.”

Moira and Judge same team:
Moira - “You can’t seem to take your eyes off me.”
Judge - “Just making sure you dont wander off.”

Genji and Judge same team
Judge - “After this is done, your next ninja”
Genji - “Attacking me would be unwise, I’ve killed Talon assault troopers before”
Judge - “You would think that.”

Mccree and Judge same team:
Mccree - “Why do you keep scratching your forehead Judge?”
Judge - “An itch I’ve been trying to scratch for years.”

feel free to suggest your own

Feedback as far as what you like and dont like is greatly appreciated and if it gets enough support I’ll hire an artist to whip something up, maybe around 50-100 likes i’d consider it, cost alot of money to get credited artist to draw for you (or if you really like it and want to draw, well then, you’re just the best)

Btw I’m not Arabic the name is supposed to mean “exalted judge” in arabic from what i found online. If you are Arabic and i got it wrong please correct me.

Also if your like my hero concept, maybe look at my idea for a new bastion ability here:
ht tps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/low-brightness-bastion-ability-active-camouflage/113637/6

7 Likes

The idea of two ammo pools is actually a really neat concept. I’d love to see how this plays out.

2 Likes

Yeah idk if it would OP or underpowered, but thats why there’s overload to kinda test how good it could be

I definitely support this character, another tank would definitely help out, especially since it can be a hitscan. That means you can have a hitscan without using characters like Soldier or Mccree and have a more unique and harder to counter team comp.
Blizzard, please add this.

1 Like

Like it, couple problems.
He should be significantly slowed down when he shoots. Otherwise he would be way too powerful.
I’m kind of tired of the “they thought I was dead but I survived” Origin. Overdone in overwatch.
Otherwise this is very interesting and I would like to see it in game.

3 Likes

Sounds super cool I’ve wanted a hero with a flamethrower for a long time. The ultimate sounds very interesting.

1 Like

I thought it would make for a good betrayal in Talon, one of their strongest members wants to kill two of their top leaders and they have no clue he’s planning to kill them one day. Also it give mccree a mortal enemy in talon which might explain why he didnt follow reaper into talon besides… whatever reason he didnt lol. I feel yeah on the back form the grave stuff. Kinda working hard off what we know about talon tanks from retribution and modified it.

Wouldnt be opposed to that movement reduction while he was using overload or maybe his ultimate since the heavy assault do move slower then basic troops, but without any sort of leap or lunge tho i didnt originally throw it in and it might my the flamethrower under-perform.

@ walrus yeah alot of people ask for a flamethrower especially with mei int he game. The ultimate too i liked it doesnt seem overpowered on a tank with no heals or barriers, kinda forces the important of “omg help me! Kill Judge, KILL JUDGE!!!” vs just retreating all the way back to spawn to regroup, coudl even pull mercy down (bye pesky pharmercy)

1 Like

I like it. Seems a lot like the heavy from Retribution. He would have to be slowed while shooting like Dva, and Orisa. The passive seems a tad op, but I can tell you put a lot of work into this.

1 Like

He was the base design. I think the slow down while moving would just make him useless though. Unlike d.va who has defence matrix & boost and orisa who has a barrier and fortify, Judge has nothing as a “defensive” move that i think merits slowing him down he’d be in the same boat as roadhog. I think only while he’s firing both weapons would the movement be hindered at least not on the flamethrower it’d would get much use if people could outrun him the second he starts using it.

I see what you mean. Slow with both firing, but normal when using one.

1 Like

Added some voicelines. What you guys think? how am i doing?

Granted but it had nothing to do with your thread.

1 Like

I don’t think the name would work, a name scattered throughout the Petra map is Hamid Faisal, which is extremely close to Jalil Faysal. It’s only a 4 letter difference out of a 11 letter name.

Interesting concept, though!

1 Like

He sounds op honestly. Maybe tone down the hs passive to 50% extra crit damage off, and 5 damage per bullet instead of 10.

Hi, I just came to wish you a good day. My friend behind me asked me what I was doing and sincerelly I didn’t want to answer him so he left. Also yesterday I got a new TV, 4K, 40 inches, not bad tbh.
Ok, so long then!

2 Likes

high damage tank anti-dive/sniper but without sustain or shields.
interesting concept, i would love to welcome him into overwatch

1 Like

You know i hadnt even looked at those tablet yet when i came up with this lol. More then likely blizzard has a meaning to those that they’ll announce later. The whole lore can be easily changed to accommodate a new name and ethnicity if need luckily. Thanx for pointing that one out though!

@ jacob the passive is his only mean to “tank” besides his HP pool. Like Loesco says he’s anti dive & anti-sniper primarily you basically have to take him on in a head-on fight with eachothers teams because if genji or tracer tries to hop into the backline his flamethrower will (hopefully) force them to pull back early or die before they can pick off your supports. His weapon works kinda like soldier 76’s but it always has spread and no precision aim. He doesnt have alot of damage in his abilities either it would take make him a DPS instead he’s just meant to put alot of pressure on teams trying to take a control point or payload.

PS id love to hear some voiceline ideas or other thoughts!

This is a good start, though that ultimate is pretty damn brutal. I’d look into making it less of a “you can’t win” situation for his enemy. Counterplay is very important when designing a new hero, but Judge’s ultimate sounds like it can be oppressive.

It also, I feel, needs to rely more on player skill than just making it a point-and-click thing. Something like Judge first needing to land a skill-shot.

Lastly, I would not approve of the passive as “no headshots”. He should take reduced damage from headshots, sure, but not negate them entirely. That’d just be unfair to his enemies.

1 Like

kind of OP, but i think it just needs a bit of tinkering. I love the idea of 2 different ammo types, we dont really have a hero that has that. Also, i really want a hitscan main tank so the overall concept of it would be neat.

1 Like

While archives is going on Im gonna bump my old concept up. It still needs tweaks to fit modern times but still overall I’d love this hero to play if I had to go tank.