You gotta feel for mercy players

I’m confused. Were we all supposed to leave and be replaced by a new group that complains? Were we all supposed to suddenly like the changes? Were we all supposed to just quit the game without saying a word? Tell me, because I would like to know!

Responding to your initial point in regards to the original post:
The sympathy also comes from the fact that while the aspects you enjoy about a hero are nerfed to the point that you don’t enjoy playing them anymore, you’re still being forced to play them and you’re often stuck playing them. One of my good friends went through that and he NEVER enjoyed playing mercy. He just did it because teams literally needed one or we were committed to losing. This was back in the few months after the rework before the Rez cast time got introduced.

1 Like

I’m really tired of your anti-Mercy main crusade you’ve been having for the past year. Just endless harassment and belittling. I’ve played more hours flex on my least played hero then your most, and here you are talking garbage of us collectively. Do you have anything better to do then troll endlessly?

My old, pre-hidden profile stats as prof of flex:
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Fulmen-11641

Savage dude. I’m sorry I hurt you like that. I honestly don’t remember you or any of our interactions… Ngl, I’ve been pretty abrasive a lot on these forums. So I understand your position, no hard feelings.

Hope all is well, friend. Once again, sorry.

Oh damn almost missed this solid post.

I do sympathize with changes to heroes and everything like that. I truly do. And I try to treat everyone on an individual basis, and not let stereotypes like “Mercy mains,” “DPS mains,” or “one tricks,” bleed into it, but it gets tiring.

The reason I brought up me being a flex player, is that I’m sort of in a state of constantly understanding WHY people can’t play roles or heroes than other than what they locked. Understanding WHY it’s in my best interest to not just impose what I want to play, but instead try to flex and enable my team mates, and I do my best to do that. Learning an ENTIRELY different hero/role, is FAR more than adjusting to nerfs on a hero. So many celebrated Genjis and Tracers having to learn a diff hero because playing their hero would be stupid. That’s adaption. Adjusting to pulse bomb nerf is not.

I still get ragged on. I still have people raging on me for not doing my job, etc, etc, regardless of the role I play. It’s actually pretty rare though. Point remains, we all have different experiences, and all sorts of stuff like that. Instead of dividing into subgroups over them, we should try to understand more why we feel differently. Imho.

But then kids meme on me and I have to slap them. Just a matter of principle at that point…

2 Likes

Who were the first supports we got? Her Lucio zen… Sym.
Nobody did burst healing upon release.
She can fight off attackers. People forget she has a pretty decent gun.
She was designed as the “go to” support and we all know it.
And even now she is the go to support because she is the most basic

I don’t think they will kill her off as hard as hog so quit worrying over nothing.

1 Like

Zen had burst healing with his ult, Lucio could burst AoE heal (relative to his normal healing).
She can, but doing so is often much less efficient than running away and supporting her team so they can peel for her.
Sure. That doesn’t mean she was the best or without downsides.
No, she’s the go to because of rez on E and valkyrie deleting her weaknesses.

True, but I can manage Brigitte. Hanzo just flat needs another nerf

This was nice to read OP. If another hero received a change that negatively impacted it’s playerbase, all I would do is feel for the players. I have no idea how people can be so cruel to Mercy mains. Mercy players are already dealing with a rework they didn’t ask for on top of 11+ nerfs they had no say in.

1 Like

Mercy is still a good pick, and just as boring as she has always been.

That’s great and all but have Mercy players been banned for picking Mercy?

2 Likes

I really don’t feel anything for the Revert cultist other than mild annoyance. They don’t speak for Mercy Players nor they represent all of us. I also find it hard to feel sympathy for the most popular character in the game that’s arguably one of the best characters to play for now 11 seasons.

Mercy is fun, Mercy is fine and balanced. You want a real victim to feel sympathy for? Try Symmetra.

:thinking: Hypocrite…

2 Likes

According to me noobster. I don’t claim to speak for anyone other than myself. You cultists however always use “We” or “Our” as if you somehow speak for all Mercy players. You don’t and stop pretending you do.

“We” is referring to those who want a revert (or rework. Most deluded people think mass resurrect with changes and a new e ability is a revert).

Why are you telling us then?

1 Like

Except almost every Revert Cultist thread has “Mercy mains have spoken, Mercy players have united” or something in a similar vein. You don’t represent all of us and you don’t speak for all of us. You represent a small loud minority among the Mercy players. So stop pretending like you speak for all of us because you don’t.

Because you are calling me a hypocrite? Do you even put any thought in what you write? :rofl:

I’d like you to find every mercy thread and link it so I can go through every single one and see whether you are telling the truth. Or maybe we can save some time; cut the bs.

Most do not do this. This is just grossly over-exaggerated.

You just had a b****-fit about how “revert cultists” don’t speak for everyone and then decide to voice your opinion as if it can be applied to everyone. Why are you voicing your opinion if you just said that you don’t speak for everyone? It’s stupid. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

By that token, d.Va shouldn’t be able to wipe an entire team with just a button press. By that same token, this game shouldn’t have Ultimate abilities, at all.

2 Likes