You all need to accept that Mass Rez is never coming back

not according to everyone complaining about “unfun” mechanics

tbh fun doesn’t equal balance but balanced things have to be fun

for example karate champ is a balanced fighting game but its not fun at all

go watch

Analysis: Why We Should Buff More Than Nerf

If mercy wants a rework that is fine, but It has to be something that is not mass rez.

They don’t want. “quick Everyone die in a pile I will go hide and rez” you coming back

1 Like

You can be impossible to hit UNTIL you attempt to rez.

With the wingspan increasing her size, the bright glow attracting everyone’s attention, and the reduced movement speed while casting mark you for death if you’re anywhere near the front lines. This is why it is commonly recommended NOT to rez during Valkyrie: you become way too vulnerable and risk wasting the other 12-13 seconds of the ult.

This. after they straight up said no… I just gave on it. flipped off my computer screen and mained tracer. I still don’t believe the reworked was buuut, that doesn’t really matter.

One: If you’re standing still to Rez someone in Valk, you are basically impossible to miss.

Two: I never said that you couldn’t. I said that you shouldn’t. The cost and risk outweighs the minimal benefit of Valk.

1 Like

You sure that you didn’t say that?

Because before the change, when Mass Rez was still her ultimate, I knew when I screwed up. If my team wasted all of the ults to kill 5 people, Mercy would punish that and I would learn better.
Now, if my team does that exact same thing, we have won the fight. Period. The only downside to throwing everything into one fight is not having the ultimates for the next fight, and it goes back and forth until the game is over. It just doesn’t feel like there’s as much coordination necessary most of the time.

3 Likes

I don’t think that Mercy actually needs any changes. She’s balanced. But, I don’t think it would be the end of the world to shift her power into the ult and out of her base kit.

An interesting change would be to give her 2 quick rez charges during Valk, maybe with a half second cast time. But as a trade off, remove rez outside of ult entirely.

1 Like

Another, better way to read that is “Everyone go sacrifice yourselves to bait the enemy into ulting.”

1 Like

She was reworked because enough people parroted the “unfun to play against” argument enough, not because of D.Va mains being upset. D.Va players adapted, and adapted again to each nerf and rework. Defense Matrix is less powerful now, yes, but still extremely good. D.Va suffered increased downtime windows to make her more open to being killed when they last reworked her to add her Micro Missiles.

You think that is luck? How cute. No, given enough time, a skilled D.Va player can see how most Tracers telegraph their intent to Pulse Bomb, and so are ready to DM it. That is D.Va tanking for her teammates or herself, as by design. This goes for DMing hook shots, Graviton Surges, High Noon, etc. Do I enjoy having my own Self-Destruct shielded and nullified by a Winston bubble? No, but I have learned to play around it: make him pop it and destroy it, or through other means. Tracer players need to learn to play around D.Vas. The easiest way is to wait for her to drop her Defense Matrix and exploiting her one second downtime widow to throw a Pulse Bomb. Or de-mech her first. D.Va still melts quickly by Tracer’s guns.

3 Likes

I’m not opposed to improvements on Mercy to make her more fun. I have no idea what changes might help achieve that though. Any ideas?

But why? It’s a strategy that in some cases worked, and that’s all it was. You can stop it by paying attention to what’s happening, and if Mercy isn’t dead saving a stun or hook for her when she comes swooping in from her hidey hole.
Most Mercy’s wouldn’t do the sensationalized “hide and rez” anyway, and would instead use their ults to bring back 2-4 people at crucial pushes.

2 Likes

This is what you said. I never said you couldn’t Rez during Valk. I just said you don’t do it. I went on to list why it was a terrible idea. That’s like dueling Pharah as Junkrat. You’re welcome to do it, but for the most part you’re not going to because you’ll lose.

2 Likes

Right and they don’t want that,

The mercy hide and seek game had too much influence over a match. You killed 5 people with ults…too bad you made a huge mistake is not what they want.

You killed 5 people with 6 ults. Yeah that’s a huge mistake, you deserve to get punished for it.

3 Likes

Except the devs don’t agree. Which is why it was removed.

The whole match forces you to find the mercy first while avoiding their ults cause you can’t waste yours unlt you get the mercy.

The devs removed it for being “unfun to play against.” That’s literally what the patchnote says.

1 Like

I think another rework would be good. Here is my own idea for a Mercy rework. Just in case anybody wants to read something.

1 Like

What do you think “Unfun to play against” means?

1 Like

Here’s a good read, it honestly addresses a lot of points many have with the rework as well as providing multiple solutions, even if you don’t like the solutions its still a good read I suggest checking it out

3 Likes