Just another Mercy rework idea please dont bother!

Hello there!
Since the rework I got the feeling Blizzard has trouble finding a direction for my favourite support Mercy. That is why I now want to post a self made rework with a little wish thinking on my part. I hope everything is understandable since english is not my native language. If you have trouble with something just ask.

Why are you not posting this on the megathread?
Because it would be nice to finally be able to discuss Mercy like any other hero on the forums again. I also want everyones opinion on it! Otherwise I am terribly sorry that you had to click on my thread.

Mercy is balanced and viable you know that?
Yes I know! I just think her skill ceiling is almost gone and that we could improve her without breaking her or the game. To be honest I actually think my rework idea would nerf her and bring her more in line with the other Sups.

You want Mercy reverted and overpowered again?
No I dont! My rework idea is closer to Mercys old self I would say but it is not a straight up revert trust me. For the overpowered part… well I do not know since I cant play test my ideas. But I dont think it is OPAF since I included hopefully enough counterplay to it.

What about other characters? They need help more than Mercy!
Yes! I know that Ana, Torb, Sym, Sombra… why is this list so long? Anyway! I do know others are in need of help way more than Mercy. I also hope they get the attention and help they deserve from the developers. But my main is or at least was Mercy thats why I made a thread for her.

So far so good? Alright then! Lets start! :smiley:

Nandalees hopefully amazing Mercy rework!

• Healing Beam stays like it is right now
  • Guardian Angel and the bug… ähh the intentional bunnyhop stay as well
  • Angelic Descent stays as is

I think her healing and movement abilities are already great and have some good value that is why I leave them unchanged.

• Dual wielding: Mercy can now dual wield her staff and pistol. This will allow Mercy to heal an ally and shoot at her foes at the same time.
  • Damage Boost removed

The damage boost can be pretty amazing I know but most of the time it is pretty situational and most likely will be used to increase the effect of other ultimates. Giving the pistol a bit more use and letting you fight along side your teammate makes Mercy more active and engaging. Also I know battle Mercy is a thing and people could train their aim at least a little bit.
Removing damage boost could also give more value to Orisas and Anas ultimate I hope.

New E-Ability:

• Angelic Protection: Mercy buffs one teammate which grants immunity against CC and reduces dmg by 10%. Lasts for 2 seconds and has a 10 second cooldown.

Since we have quite a bit of CC in the game I think it would be nice if we had another anti-CC ability as well. This ability would work good together with Mercys game sense and decision making. She would need to time it good to help preventing CC and damage. Plus characters like Mccree, Pharah and Reaper could finally see their own ultimate through.

Ultimate:

• Valkyrie removed (make it an emote or whatever if you want)
  • “New” ultimate Resurrect:
    • Charge rate at 2250 (current for Valk is at 1950 and for old mass-rez was even lower)
    • Mercy can resurrect one fallen ally by going to his soul and pressing q. After that Mercy will say “Heroes never die” and a timer of 2 seconds starts. In these 2 seconds Mercy is free to move around and use her abilities but if she moves further away than 10 meters from her rez-target or dies the ultimate will fail. If Mercy succeeds her ally will be resurrected with 100% HP and every living ally and Mercy herself in the 10 meter radius will get a 300HP burst heal.

This ultimate would allow Mercy to revive key targets and teammates helping her would get a big heal in the end. I think this version of resurrect would have enough counterplay by either killing her or booping/hooking her out of the 10 meter range.
But that is not all because I have an optional part for this ultimate!

Optional ultimate part:

• “Mass”-Resurrect:
    • In addition to the above mentioned ultimate Mercy would be able to revive more than just one person. Every other dead ally in a 7 meter radius around her primary rez-target will be resurrected as well. These other allies will be brought back with 150HP or 50% of their base HP whichever is more.

With this optional mass-rez Mercy could revive several people again and counter Rip-Tire, Pulse Bomb and maybe even a Graviton combo. Of course it would need more teamwork than the old mass-rez and is overall riskier the more people you try to get back into the fight. Also by not reviving them to full health it should be easier to counter and it would be best to rez 2-3 people.
This “new” ultimate would hopefully increase her skill ceiling again and goes more into a Moba kind direction. I think it would be good to see Mercy play more into the strategy and timing part of Overwatch since she is way less of an fps char.

Alright thats it! I hope my idea is somewhat understandable. If you have any questions just ask! Constructive feedback is always welcome. Or just leave an ignorant hate comment thats ok as well I guess.
My rework idea got inspired by several other ideas from this forum so thanks for that guys! I hope we can find some form of compromise at the end. Thanks everyone for reading and have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Nandalee 2753

3 Likes