Would Sombra need buffs?

Assuming PTR Sombra goes live.
And the next patch afterwards, fixed all of her bugs?

Gonna hijack my own post to promote these change ideas. They look really reasonable and simple.

6 Likes

She needs buffs now and the PTR nerfs her. What do you think?

37 Likes

Yes.
16 characters required.

I think she’s a difficult hero to balance.

2 Likes

I dont. The devs just refuse to try.

Edit: Wait i take it back, They did try in february, but failed afterwards with her nerfs.

9 Likes

PTR sombra is horrible, fixes none of her core problems and makes her weaker overall. Less speed means you die often when trying to retreat. Broken translocators mean you cant retreat without stealth, stealth has a huge delay, less then 1 point of damage knocks you out of stealth, you have no offense besides an SMG which couldnt hit the broadside of a barn from 15 meters away if there were two connected side by side, oh and my favorite the: The two second “hot-fix” on her hack which dropped her straight to the bottom of the pick rate because what goods a hacker that cant hack mid fight. Getting the first hack was never a problem for a sombra worth their salt (unless you hit a bug) the problem is the nest 2 or 3 you need to do to win a teamfight.

Sombra mains agree, it’s an overall nerf. People dont need “infinite” especially for the cost of an “indestructible” translocator which is your true lifelife.

It just keeps her away from fights more when her problem is she cant do anything in them now

12 Likes

So assuming they go ahead with the PTR Sombra changes.

How could they bring Sombra into balance, with the smallest tweaks?

She doesn’t need drastic changes. She needs small tweaks like a detail in this shameless plug: Sombra Suggestions from the #1 Sombra on Overbuff

I swear if they give her a 30dmg break point on Hack I’m actually done.

3 Likes

simple alot of sombra players been pitching them for months instead we got “infinite” for people to cry about now and she became a victim for having a 2nd use for the interact button they forced us to hotkey

1. Reduce her spread or increase her damage falloff range.
  2. Shorten the delay time going in and out of stealth
  3. Give her a damage threshold for disrupting hack if your gonna keep the 2 second penalty or remove it so she can hack again.

Ther problem in feb-early march, were entirely caused by the devs. They didnt test it well enough and debug it when they shortened the activation times and then she was hacking people behind walls. So instead of fixing the bug (which is now fixed) they threw the hot fix on cause it was simpler to do at the time and it had to be patch ready for OWL’s next round…

1 Like

What if they made it so that only damage from the hack target puts it on cooldown, and other damage only interrupts?

My thoughts in depth if you are interested.

She has a 2.7 spread (Tracer has 3.6) and a 15m falloff. Her gun shouldn’t be buffed again for the simple reason that Sombra is primarily a utility hero and she shouldn’t be better than any of the other DPS at doing damage.

This is probably fine but I think they’re going in the other direction with Infinite Stealth so unfortunately I doubt it.

This would make reacting to a Hack with Damage as Winston or Moira near impossible. The damage threshold suggestions are seriously not well thought out.

The 2 second cooldown punishes Sombras who don’t properly time their Hack and just hold down m2. The 2 second cooldown is perfectly fair for Sombra and her Hack target. It doesn’t need changes.

1 Like

Good to know.

30 damage is melee damage, right?

Yes, but it takes Moira for example an entire 0.6 seconds to put out. That’s insane.

So what if they mixed my idea and yours.

1 damage threshold from the hack target, and 30 damage threshold from their teammates?

1 Like

Idk how to block quote so i’ll use numbers

1. Everyone compares her to tracer but they forget tracer shoots TWO bullets at a time. And she can get point blank and maneuver in a firefight

2. exactly does not fix her core problems and they made her weaker overall.

3. Thats whats called a “hard-counter” right now 28/28 heroes are Sombra’s hard-counters. Used to be a time when you countered tracer watching her shoot and when she’s about to reload catch her by preemptively starting hack, now you need perfect timing cause 1 pellet touches you, 2 second cooldown your opportunity is gone and probably your life.

2 Likes

That just pushes the issue. If a D.Va notices you and tries to cancel the Hack when you’re targeting her friendly Moira, she won’t be able to. That’s stupid.

Yes. Even with the bug fixes, she’d still be the most fragile hero. Shes a glass cannon without the cannon aspect. Any form of damage shuts down her entire kit, and her damage is the lowest compared to every other DPS

2 Likes

No, she’s a devilishly easy hero to balance, literally all they have to do is ignore the baddies howling about Hack being “unfun” and revert her ruinous Hack changes.
The main problem is the dev team seemingly don’t want her to be viable because their OWL babies want to retain an easy and predictable meta and they’re absolutely terrified of an effective stealth hero (hence why they eagerly buff stealth but refuse to buff her offensive capabilities and accompany each buff with 3 nerfs that make the buff irrelevant).

11 Likes