Would Mercy players really rather see Rez get nerfed?

You’re wrong, but I digress. Honestly, I was mostly interested in seeing if you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing, which seems to be the case.

1 Like

Man I saw forum dwelling Mercy mains scream against losing Mass Rez, making all sorts of arguments she’d be useless without it. Ult wipes would rule. Then every change “omg this is going to ruin Mercy.” Every time, not enough.

When the removal of 2x rez on valk and removal of instant cast rez came around, this was a big deal. Statue mode, so easy to just click head, rather not rez cuz it’s just a suicide button. Now? It’s rez on cast time is the problem!

The fact of the matter is the narrative always adapts to whatever supports it at the time, and the agenda is a reinstating of mass rez, regardless of how many people may have hated it etc etc. So the argument just evolves to be more of the times, while arguing the same thing that was argued in the begin: OMFG DON’T TAKE MY MASS REZ.

Current cast time rez, averaging around 6-10 let’s say rez’s a game, with the counterplay and interruption options available, etc, etc. It’s not bad. It’s a decent and healthy version of rez tbh. The HPS nerf, given her utility (damage boost and rez on a single character, with the mobility and survivability that Mercy has, is crazy powerful and idgaf what you say to the contrary), makes sense.

Forum dwelling, vocal, Mercy players want a SPECIFIC type of rez. They wouldn’t accept current rez getting nerfed more, like through an increase in CD or cast time. They’d lose it. The goal (mass rez) has never changed, they just have adapted their arguments.

There was a reason invincibility was given to mass rez, due to suicide and rez and all that noise. Now you want a version of suicide and rez that’s EVEN WORSE!?! Just so you might milk out a little something something with some sneaky mass rez? Cmon.

The mechanic behind rez within this game was shifted from 1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed, to 1 button press = 1 rez for a reason. That is a HEALTHY framework. The variable aspect, while I’m sure was super fun, was also problematic.

I suggest everyone start thinking of how to make the rez mechanic work in this game on a 1 button press for 1 rez type paradigm, as opposed to clinging to mass rez.

Just my humble opinion. I hope I didn’t come across as generalizing or condescending.

1 Like

ah yeah, I forgot this was a forum where you actually cannot argue, my bad

Keep swinging at that strawman, big guy.

Hey, I’m the strawman itself, what do you think you’re doing?

here you go

Would you support a similar context being applied to other ultimate’s?

For example, Deadeye gets a return between 0 - 6 for activating the ultimate than firing.

As far as I understand from the skimming of that thread that I did, what Titanium was basically arguing for was a version of 1 button press = 1-5 rezzes possible.

I’m against that type of mechanic. Therefore, I have no reason to read that thread.

1 Like

Hi there, I don’t want a revert and I also think res on a timed cooldown is her core issue. Did you play the game before her rework? If you did, you’ll remember that a team getting one single pick, accidental or intentional, resulted in a lost team fight the majority of the time. This is why Mercy has been a must pick for so long. Even the risk of losing someone early in a fight is enough to make her more valuable than any other healer, because no other healer can undo someone’s mistake.

Go and actually read it all.

Be sucked into the hivemind!!! have no ideas of your own that are born from logical thinking!

Comparing mass rez to DPS ults is fundamentally flawed. It’s completely different on a very basic and fundamental level imho. You may disagree, that’s fine, I’m not here to change your mind. I’ve voiced my opinion on the subject a LOT in the past and I find there to be no value in reiterating it. Those that want mass rez will want mass rez til the end of days, I realize that. Trying to change their mind is an exercise in futility I see no reason to engage in.

I will say I feel comparing DPS ults to mass rez is fundamentally flawed, primarily it surrounds the fact that one actually benefits as far as return on button press goes from their team mates dying and I don’t appreciate that in a game like this. I don’t see why, in this team based, objective based, game, that a team mates death should ever increase the return on an action. That makes no sense to me.

I understand many feel differently, and that’s cool. I cbf to explain myself in detail anymore than what I just did.

2 Likes

I’ve given several ideas for variations of rez. The main thing they share in common is that they’re an ult, rather than an ability handed out on cooldown. So this idea of “Mercy mains just want mass rez at all costs!” is flat out wrong.

Are you done trolling and acting like a child?

1 Like

I have no problem really with tying rez t o any given thing. It can be an ability, it can be a cast time, it can be instant, it can be an ult, I don’t care.

1 button press = 1 rez. That is what I feel is healthiest. 1 button press = 1-5 people rezzed opens the door to all sorts of exploitative nonsense imho that doesn’t really have a place in this game.

That’s just my opinion.

How is it different from 1 button press = 1-5 kills, though?

Ah, okay. I understand where that point of view comes from I just hadn’t seen that concern phrased that way before.

Now outside of this character that finds delight on seeing people struggle with logic, I feel you and thank you for coming forth and posting your opinion on the matter, it tends to be a problem because people who is satisfied won’t post about it so the forum just becomes filled with vile bias from these… I honestly hate calling them Mercy mains, true Mercy mains understand what the character goes through and do their best to actually play her right

no

The invulnerability buff is what made mass rez op.

not mass rez being able to rez 1-5 people.

invuln was an overbuff.

There is no 1 button press = 1-5 kills depending on how many enemies are in the area of effect alive. It’s not comparable. There are NUMEROUS ways to mitigate the effects of any given DPS and it is now norm. It is rare for a DPS ult to get anything more than 3 people really. And honestly, the only time you see 3 is when it involves a grav or some Genji dragonblade popping off. Or dragonstrike down the perfect hallway.

Point being mass rez’s 1-5 people effect is not comparable really to a DPS ults 1-5 people effect.