Widow Nerfs are not needed

There are a lot of master and GM players wanting her nerfed and making nerf Widow threads. And I, as a master player, agree with them.

34 Likes

Your opinion is biased due to you being a Widow main. You disagree because Widow is most likely your favourite hero. Even in Platinum, there are games where Widow dominates. Widow nerfs are definitely needed.

36 Likes

Citation needed. Very few threads are actually made by Master/GM players.

5 Likes

Masters and GM players are less than 8% of player base and you mean to tell me all the threads are made by them?

4 Likes

There are few threads by master/gm players but they are pretty much the only ones that don’t die and get pretty popular. Go to them and see their profile or what they have written.

3 Likes

Most of the megathreads are, lemme list a few

19 Likes

Widow smurfs are just hell. Any smurf is a pain but atleast you have a fighting chance.

4 Likes

As all heroes should be.
Except people want trivially easy heroes for themselves, because they don’t want to put in the work that it takes to get that good on Widow.

1 Like

What I meant was game changing, will edit that in for clarity

1 Like

Hahaha, two Junkrat mains and a Doomfist main want Widowmaker nerfed. What a surprise.

Widowmaker is fine, she is not OP. People need to get good. If Widowmaker was OP, you would see everyone in OWL play her. Yet, it’s nothing but GOATS.

Stop demanding nerfs to characters just because you can’t counter them / your main is countered by them.

2 Likes

Your first example is literally from 2018.

Not doing yourself any favors here.

Mains really have no relevance, so people really need to stop bringing it up

You also are leaving out the fact that GOATS was created as one of the only counters to widow. Last year before goats was even a thing people were playing double sniper every game

4 Likes

I’ve played plenty in Master rank. I’ve seen lots of godlike Widow players. But in my experience, the team with the better Genji always wins.

1 Like

I posted it to show how long the widow hate has been happening

6 Likes

Widow hate has been happening since Closed Beta. Blizzard’s player population is comprised of a heavy amount of casuals and casuals hate sniping.

Casuals hate all burst damage.

Widowmaker is one of the only true skill heroes left in the game. Nerf her and it’s no longer an fps.

In CSGO the AWP is a oneshot body shot, and there isn’t any shields to block you or lack of movement acceleration.

1 Like

Yeah they do. The only high elo players demanding nerfs to Widow so far are Bastion, Junkrat and Doomfist mains. Characters which good Widowmakers counter.

Stop claiming this nonsense. Why was Widowmaker not dominant before? Is the constant the problem or the variable that changed?

Brigitte and the buffs to the other supports created the Burst or Bust meta. Supports define the metas. Stop making nonsense up. Also the moment, Mercy’s interaction with Hanzo was nerfed, Sniper meta died. It’s been nothing but Goats since then because DPS are not viable.

This ridiculous myth just won’t die.

3 Likes

It’s usually the team with the luckier ults, or more cheese.

Widow has the fewest counters in the game since the release of Brig.

People that say widow is a counter to widow shows you how broken she is when she doesn’t have sufficient counterplay.

The only counter is to devote multiple abilities and resources to get into position to the widow so you can then have a chance at killing her, no other hero in the entire game requires so much coordination and ability usage to kill.

10 Likes

Because yet again people had to create a meta known as dive to counter widow so she doesnt decide games

This didn’t do anything to widow, so she remained how she was

No, the only viable DPS are widow and hanzo at the moment. And it’s been that way for almost a year now

8 Likes