Why so much DPS hate

I swear people hate whenever people say a dps requires mechanical skill especially towards hitscans or Doom/Genji.

When people say DPS aren’t the best role everyone throws a fit low but they literally aren’t that is the support role.

Every dps besides Tracer is absolutely useless if the Tanks and Supports don’t make space or enable them.

Tank players it’s not the dps job to make space so you can take it. It’s YOUR job to make space to they can get kills.

Support players you shouldn’t only enable your tanks and also should enable the dps as well.

Also the fact someone had the audacity to say DPS “have always” been stronger than tanks is mind boggling.

The most oppressive characters of all time are all tanks and supports lol.

I don’t get this idea where DPS are the strongest role and tank is the weakest

24 Likes

Well as you probably know, DPS players are actually the masterminds behind everything bad that happens

Tank gets nerfed or changed in some way that some people don’t like? It’s because of DPS players

Support gets nerfed or changed in some way that some people don’t like? It’s because of DPS players

Jeff Kaplin leaving Blizzard? It’s because of DPS players

Covid-19? Those darn DPS players at it again

In other words, DPS are the cause of everything bad in the world

26 Likes

Prepare for the the throngs of people to come in here and explain to you at what points DPS have had their hayday. The truth is every role at some point has a dominating point and relies on the others in this team game.

7 Likes

Show me all this DPS player hate please. I’ll wait.

Right also I’m gonna pretend the current best hero in the game isn’t a support kekw.

Dps players were the reason for the great depression after all lol.

God if only a dps player didn’t give birth to Hitler as well

8 Likes

DPS (and DPS players) are the bane of my existence!!! Just bring back GOATS so I don’t have to deal with them thank youuuuuu! :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The only reason I can’t tell if this is real or a joke is because this is the overwatch forums

9 Likes

:joy: :joy: I’m joking don’t worry!

2 Likes

Can confirm

So are you new to the game or…?

8 Likes

reasons are probably

-most heroes
-everyone wanted to play them in the open queue days and not switch off or go tank/support
-people think they are entitled
-tons of dps one tricks
-perception of dps ruined the game. though it might be tied with brigitte hmm

so i can see why people hate them especially on the forums since this is where people go to complain

doesnt make me stop playing them tho lol, dps is a hot fun role to play. i do like support equally sometimes.

forget tanking, thats like stepping on a nail or something

3 Likes

The amount actually viable is the same amount as tanks. Maybe slighty more or less

So, you got no proof then?

1 Like

You said current, does not refute at some points other roles have had their hayday.

Just go make and say any of the hitscans are balanced if you want to see lol.

I know that lol

Dps players have systematically pushed out tank and support players, as evident by the absurd queue times. It’s not a stretch to argue dps players, and the devs that cater towards them, have killed this game.

It’s the inherent design problem around OW. Dps and tank/supports cannot coexist, as they exist to undermine eachother’s work.

The two warring factions want diametrically opposing things, and it’s Blizz’s fault for making a game that puts all these players together.

11 Likes
  1. Create bait topic over-generalizing an opinion.

2. Preemptively warn everyone about the people who will inevitably argue with the bait.

3. Make up straw arguments that no one has ever said and pretend it’s commonplace.

10 Likes

Is it really Blizzards fault? Or is it the group of the player base that thinks OW is an fps/moba hybrid.
And refuses to accept that OW is mostly an FPS with some moba and fighting game elements sprinkled in.

I dont see how this can be all blamed on Blizzard when they have told the players base what this game was meant to be before the game was released.
Have told the player base what this game is after release.
And have told the player base that for OW2 its even going to be more fps.

Certainly it isnt the fault of anti-fps players that have their own vision of what OW is and what its meant to play like.
Based on nothing but their own imaginations.

4 Likes

If they wanted a fragfest game like CSGO, Valorant, etc, then they should have never even made tanks/supports. IMO. they bit off too much and created a game with two opposing games in it, failing to strike a balance.

8 Likes

Sep '21

Even got a toxic one from you

Got some in this very thread as well

12 Likes

Guys DPS is gonna cause world war 3.

No one is saying that. If this was the case believe me DPS and Supports would be flipped in turns of power level and the 4 best supports everyone wouldn’t mind atm

1 Like