Why people prefer higher "skill" heroes

Except they’re not too viable as seen by the actual stats. They perform on average worse to their easier counterparts. If you’re actually arguing that they should actually be bad everywhere else than higher ranks then it sounds like salt.

You have no valid reason to be complaining about Ana or other supports viability in the gold.

Last I’ve seen Master is around top 3% and Grandmaster is top 1% so you’re not far off at all.

So my estimate is incorrect to you’re estimate? See what the problem is? No one agree’s where the high skill heroes should start being the best, so either its bullcrap and high skill heroes are OP in lower ranks,(which they shouldn’t be), or high skill heroes are only OP in the truely top ranks. Its not a black or white issue, its very much grey. So how about lets just make everyone equal instead of people telling me Mcree should be best in platinum.

If you want you’re ‘skill’ hero to be the OP heroes, you should earn it. It shouldn’t be given to you.

Mine isn’t an estimate, Goat just posted the actual breakdown.

Goat’s wrong. Masters is far to forgiving to start throwing away half the roster.

It doesn’t, I mean we can balance the tanks in their own individual ways. I meant that besides Orisa and Rein, there are no other front line shield tanks, which are huge in this game. Rein does almost everything better than Orisa, so he’s almost always the popular pick. If we had other options, like a new shield main tank, similar to Rein, but with different abilities, it could mix things up and make the game much more interesting & fun and less emphasis would be put on Rein.

It’s the top 3% …

Then what’s the point in them existing? How do people even clinb if they can’t play heroes at all ranks to start out? There has to be some progression and tapering.

Else we’re literally playing different games.

Masters is 3% of the playerbase and even then there’s no hero that is doing well at all other ranks that is “thrown away”. The top 3% of players are just going to gravitate towards higher output heroes because they’re that good.

Huh, today I found out I’m top 3% :thinking:, Good to know lol

We could play comp together :hugs:

This illustrates the point, but not in the way you think.

A project has a measurable rubric you have to abide by to achieve an A, just like a game has measurable rules to achieve a win condition.

If the project was to draw a golden retriever, it doesn’t matter that yours is a photorealistic pencil rendering while the other person made a crude sketch of Dug. The condition to achieve an A was to draw a golden retriever. The teacher, although they might be impressed, is not obligated to bend the rules for you either (that’s how it was at SCAD at least; you either passed or failed your major project on the basis of completion, not whether your short was more Pixar-ready than someone else’s). The effort is a reflection of your own passion.

Similarly, I don’t care about the effort I put into my games so long as I win, inasmuch I will be happy to help achieve a team kill or simply backcapping by myself. A win is a win according to the game’s binary measurement of how much of an objective was captured compared to your opponent. It doesn’t care the effort I put in between start to finish.

If all you’re concerned about in a game that is too primitive to make a meaningful difference between the effort you think you should be tangibly rewarded by somehow, you’re always going to be angry, always going to be salty, always going to be jealous of other players who are simply out here trying to have a good time on characters that spark a light in them, which does absolutely nothing to step on your toes. Seriously, it’s not about you.

You should want to improve on your character for the sake of improving your character and having fun, not just so you get some meaningless, non-transferable bit of points. Unless you’re trying to get paid to play Overwatch, this is all objectively meaningless.

I practice my rollouts in custom rooms on Lucio not to show Brig mains that I’m better than them. I do it because it’s simply fun to wall ride, to discover interesting pathways, and to bite and remix others Lucio mains’ rollouts. I was really proud when I accidentally shaved a second off of someone’s Lijiang Garden rollout. The game doesn’t give a damn. This community doesn’t give a damn since they can’t see a non-recorded moment. But who cares. I did something cool.

In short, stop caring about the triviality of skill in a game that is asymmetrical by design. It’s harmful to the community as a whole.

3 Likes

No, front line shields only feel huge because Rein is overtuned. We just had 2 years of dive showing they’re not that necessary at all.

Dive wasn’t prédominent on ladder, but it was certainly a viable option. Not so much now.

1 Like

What? You are literally claiming that Ana should only be played in league matches and that’s it.

1 Like

We already have Sombra in that state. It’s not as weird as it should be.

If you want you’re ‘skill’ hero to be the OP heroes, you should earn it. It shouldn’t be given to you.

Body is too similar to what you recently posted (replied to wrong person)
EDIT: Double fail, someone posted in the mean time.

Wow that’s salty. you’re unbelievable

1 Like

It’s nonsensical. They’re okay with Ana having the worst winrate at all ranks of the game and being overshadowed by Moira for 85% of the game but 15% where Ana is going to be the better choice(by better players) is unfair.

This is the real argument between “high skill” and “low skill”. People who play low skill heroes who enjoy dominance at lower levels somehow feel that they should dominate even at higher ranks above players who put much more effort into their characters.

1 Like

So I should just go screw myself because I’m in a high rank and want to play Mercy? Got it, you’re so angelic.

I can smell the “I want high impact with minimal effort” people typing

3 Likes

Play Mercy all you want. Don’t be salty and try to blame others because people can do better on Ana than on an easy hero.

2 Likes