Why no bug reports?

did you celebrate 11k with mass rez mercy boxing?

Can we just atop talking about this it will just vanish eventully bc blizzard wont do anything

It is wrong, because bug implies it’s that there’s something wrong in the game’s coding that makes the game behave in unintentional and irregular way that’s often difficult to reproduce. Such as screens fizzing out in games. In smash bros, a bug is considered a trick where Ice climbers can freeze enemy player indefinitely in place in ntcs version. This is obviously banned in tournaments.

Exploiting the game engine and producing unintentional results in unconventional matter, but still adhering to game’s coding and physics engine is not errors in the coding, but taking advantage of the game mechanics to produce unintended results. In smash bros this would be wavedashing and L-canceling and platform canceling and most other tricks used in competitive scene.

Tons of chars in Overwatch competitive use tons of exploits of the game engine. It’s pretty foolish than tons of people on forums are crusading against mercy because she happens to be able to jump into the air as byproduct of bunny hop technique.

No I did not, I don’t play Mercy much at all these days.

I DID play some Mei though with a bunch of people 2 entire ranks above me.

Held my own too, but it was hard. I’m starting to recover - which feels pretty good - even a month ago, I would have been totally wrecked.

Talking about that, I need sleep. Catch you all another day.

Calling it a bug is easier way to explain it to the more simple people.

1 Like

recover?

what happened?

(i realize this may be too personal a question, and if so, np, no need to answer)

The sheep tend to complain a lot on this forum. But I do believe a distinction is important since bugs are often harmful and gamebreaking (such as picking hammond making players disconnect), while exploits can enhance the game experience in various ways and give the game lots of depth in learning curve, such as when speed running games or when playing the game professionally.

I know for a fact that Metroid Prime and Smash bros had tons upon tons of replay value after casual gameplay because of exploiting game physics, for me and tons upon tons of other people.

It is up to the game designer to decide what bugs and exploits are good for the game and enhance the game experience and make it more fun and deeper in learnign curve that rewards players in investing time and effort into the game. It’s not up to the community to decide whether or not Mercy should superjump at all and they are hypocrites in crusading against Mercy superjump when they have zero care about other bugs or exploits in this game that are far more powerful and gamebreaking.

Oh, my immune system had a really good try at trying to kill me.

Family trait, which is why a bunch of us have to take what is essencially chemo drugs to keep our immune system pushed down enough that it acts normal.

Problems like that REALLY play havok with your ability to play games. Which is why my SR can hit diamond, and then silver a month later.

It is just kind crazy, I’m suprised people don’t report me as a smurf, since it SURE looks like I am throwing and then wrecking, depending on how things are going at the time.

Thing are going well, so, I expect I’ll get back to at least plat soon enough.

I DON’T think I’ll make my account public though, I like people looking at overbuff and thinking I am some kinda of Bronzie :slight_smile: (which, I was last time it was public, but I was also a total wreck)

They changed what I was on, and things are going really well. So, life is, as they say good.

At least I know I won’t get cancer any time soon :wink: Between the drugs, and being able to stop them and having my immune system kick several shades of poop out of anything which looks slightly dodgy - I am pretty safe from that one.

Not getting colds easy is also nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry to hear of it, sounds awful

best of luck

now go to bed like you promised - the forums will still be here for you after you get some shuteye

1 Like

Thanks man, it is frustrating, but, not actually awful. I’m happy I can live in a world where it isn’t really a problem, and in a country where healthcare is actually pretty sane.

A lot of people have it a lot worse :slight_smile:

Goodnight!

1 Like

Actually, the post of my you linked isn’t about super jump, it’s a bug where you can’t fly to someone during GA if they’re even slightly behind a wall and it bounces you in place.

(so please don’t use me as a source to call superjump a bug)

2 Likes

Apologies, I did a quick search for bug reports about it and copied over the first 5 or so from the current forums. The old forums had more threads too. The point I was trying to make was that people had considered it a bug and reported it as such before XQC.

2 Likes

No worries! I’m just avoiding the whole superjump uproar as a “i only main mercy in comp” person. But yes, you’re right about people bringing it up before.

1 Like

SO many people claming that Mercy has a bug.

xQc is the only one. And before we get to fix this “bug” (which Blizzard actually made into a feature, shame on you for omitting that) - let’s fix Winston’s shield dancing, the bug that made him and dive incredibly durable and almost impossible to fight. I’m sure xQc didn’t tell you about this one since it makes his main much stronger than intended.

Lots of people on the forum as well.

But only Project actually raised a bug report (good on you project)

Which shows how serious it is, if it was a bug.

Honestly doubt it’s gonna get removed though.
https://twitchstats.net/clip/ThirstyTamePeppermintFunRun

Told you.

1 Like

FYI…

Simply put most threads in the Bug Report forum will not receive a response from the Blizzard QA team or the Overwatch Development Team unless they need more information (which happens rarely).

We need information in this case.

If it IS an exploit, then it is reportable (in theory).

This is not an exploit to the nature of using a bug to gain an absolute advantage over an opponent or absolutely disrupt a game, any one player skilled enough to do this can execute it.

An example of an exploit is finding ways to penetrate the map or objects to prevent the opponents from stopping you from winning. One common example was when there was certain payloads that Tracer literally could recall into if she timed it right, trapping her into the polygon structure of the payload but leaving her 100% immune from dying. The same can be said of Symmetra and Torb finding ways to plant turrets inside walls leaving them invincible.

Mercy’s Super Jump is available to all players to use and provides no clear advantage that absolutely prevents an opponent from being able to beat that user. Even if it is considered “unintended behavior” and is eventually patched out, you should not report players who learned how to use it.

3 Likes