Why Mercy mains are silent?

And in game it’s always “please we need Mercy !!!”

1 Like

Mercy was my main and now I dont touch her. Ive played her a few times since S3 but it feels awful so it just isnt worth it. But since when does anyone care about supports amirite?

8 Likes

I would like to know what you would suggest to the car repair shop as a possible fix,if they turn your wheels into cubes and try to convince you its actually a genius idea and its good for you.

I would bet a small fortune that you would want them to “revert” the changes and explicitly state that dont even think about touching anything else, or something along those lines.

Now thats Mercy for us. Blizzard is just factually dosnt know what the hell to do with Mercy ever since, or even before her first rework so they throw poo at the wall and see if it sticks, instead of asking actual Mercy players.
The problem is that the wall becomes more dirty each and every time and thats how we got to the point where a single shift on Mercy has like 4 different outcomes and 2 different cooldown. It feels sometimes a single use of guardian angel is like typing in the konami code and it is unnecessarily complex.

Blizzard should just accept what Mercy is and rework her in a way that respect those boundaries. Those boundaries are, easy to use, has fluid movement, can resurrect people and her pistol should be an absolute last resort. Thats it. The problem is again, blizzard has actually no clue that this is what Mercy actually is, so until they figure it out,just go back to a version that worked and dont touch anything for christ sake.

14 Likes

Moved on to XDefiant and Deep Rock Galactic. I play Soldier 76 and have left Mercy in the ash bin of Overwatch 2 history. As stated by Grey Falcon (thanks for DRG), it’s all or nothing for me and I’ll take nothing. Her kit is too clunky and the ability for skill expression is crippled.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, even Niandra/Skiesti/Andriatic are finally figuring out that they could have traded less survival for better GA cooldowns.

What’s upsetting to me, is I’ve been saying this for 3 months, and people are finally getting around to it.

I stopped playing Mercy for now that’s why

3 Likes

Hello,

as a hater of the changes, I still hate them.
I did get used to them and find myself bunny hopping more than ever tbh, since slingshots are so punishing if used carelessly.

I mainly have two issues right now with her new GA:

• superjump/slimgshot rezzes have more downtime than in season 3 (from 0.75s to 1.25s)
  • short to mid range slingshots feel horrible.

My simple suggestion:

• Guardian Angel active ability duration reduced from 1.5s to 0.75s (or back to 1s even)

This way GA will have a maximum cooldown of 2.5s (or 2.25s) and the cooldown will always start when the ability is over already instead of remaining active even when already walking on the ground.

GA has always been 1.5s lol, it went from

1.5s > 2.5s > 1.5s

Take it from someone who stopped playing OW for two years :
I wondered why Mercys GA sucked when I got back, but I did like the healing.
She way she feels now after the nerf/buff feels close to how she felt in OW1 other than Valk’s tankyness.

Honestly, a big reason I’m quiet currently is because I’m playing so much Lifeweaver when I’m playing OW2. I haven’t played more than 3-5 games as Mercy since.

I still hate the current changes. It should only extend the CD WHILE you’re sling shotting, not a straight 3s CD (basically) for pressing jump or crouch at all, even if you gain quite literally 0 distance and are running on the floor, it is the exact same CD as a full sling shot. It makes literally no sense and is stupid.

I’m in love with my new boy, though. We’ll see what happens from here on out!

Better GA translates directly to better survival though. It’s the whole reason they made those changes in the first place.

Honestly, I think she’s fine where she’s at. I’d rather they stop touching her and focus on more prevalent balance issues.

1 Like

Right, but they could compensate the survival buff of a GA revert, with survival nerf that doesn’t screw with the fun-factor of the character as much.

For instance, those streamers are now saying they’d trade GA cooldown reverts for a 175hp.

For me, I’d suggest something more like increasing Mercy’s hitbox size, in trade for the GA buffs.

You just prooved their point

15 Likes

Moira mains kidnapped them all and locked them in the lab to experiment for the next Mercy changes

7 Likes

That’s not the story of the last blastered Moiras I saw :thinking:

Because the Mercy community has clearly stated what they want (mobility), and non-Mercy players have clearly stated what they don’t want (damage boost + Rez).

The solution is rather unanimous.

Asking for the Mercy community to come up with a solution to fix her that doesn’t include the return of her mobility thresholds is like asking a fisherman the best time to catch fish, but forbid him the answers of sunup or sundown.

7 Likes

As far as I know, other mercy mains don’t even have a problem with DB/rez rework. It’s just that Blizzard screwed both sides for some reason.

2 Likes

More like why aren’t Mercy players coming up with a wide variety of ideas like this.

[OW2] Make Mercy Wider + 1.5sec GA

Not a main, but I was very vocal. The problem is double edged. On one end you have people that are absolutely against discussion of any kind, good or bad. It’s either “nerf mercy into the ground” or “full revert no stop” or sometimes the very, very weird people that think that Mercy 1.0 is somehow better than any later version of Mercy.

EDIT: On the other, when people do get together to talk about it, and people agree that a good idea for a rework or buff/nerf tradeoff, it doesn’t feel like the people in charge (the dev team) are on the same page at all an make a change literally no one likes.

It gets tiring. If you want a frank discussion you’re not gonna win. Your suggestions will invariably met with people on both sides of the table that might make her better in one spot with tradeoffs or make her worse but still have viability in another direction shout you down. I give up.

Probably because Mercy players have put a lot of effort into similar things before (as I mentioned above), and the devs decided to do the complete opposite.

Mercy players are on the defensive, because proposing forward ideas has yielded less than nothing.

7 Likes