Why is the Overwatch team adding more DPS heroes to the roster?

So? Tank meta won’t always be around, and then there’s also the fact that many don’t play meta, then on top of all that there’s the issue that in a tank meta, there’s so few tanks to even play, limiting variety even more.

Key difference: DPS has to focus on other team. Tank and healer have to keep an eye out on both teams at once. Different mindsets are hard to mix together.

DPS players trying to pick tanks or healers tend to stick to old habits, resulting in overly aggressive play and disregard for teammates. Tanks/support players trying to pick DPS tend to play more cautiously, even if situation requires charging in.

Even best of the best, OWL players, don’t switch to different role.

Out of all the dps hero’s bastion the only one consider a throw a pick. On ladder you use any of the other dps and not be thwoing. Healing to good right now Moira and mercy only healers that can out heal some DPS heros overall damage. In triple support which isn’t run in most ranks. And in gm triple support is popular it’s not always used.

at least tanks are playable in 3 tanks meta and goat you have the choice with 3 dps.
Soldier in triple tanks while ALL tanks except Winston were godtier
in Goat only Winston and Hog are unplayable and dps can play only doomfist and sombra.

Not a valid argument here

I would be happy if support and tanks had 8 heros in both category. At that point you have 4 main support and 4 off support. Tanks would have 4 main tanks and 4 tank’s. So the next three heros should go support, tank, support, dps, dps. Tank.

Well, in worlds, Winston was the tank played. Except Dva lol, because Dva .

That’s not true. 3/3 requires the dps to switch to tank and support.

Sometimes a support would switch to dps as well. Shaz, Harryhook and RJH have all taken the dps role when needed.

It’s not really a counter … just the better widow player. And Winston or Dva or Genji are often better than trying to outwidow the enemy.

Again, if Ana is OP why wasn’t she played before? And Doom and Genji aren’t OP … people are just to lazy to pick counters. I eat both of them ith Sombra.

Winston and Dva diving kills most healers …. maybe not Moira and Brig. Mercy was a must pick because of her strong healing plus rezz.

They are still in most games.

Yes, she requires the most skill of all healers and you can get a lot out of her. But her high pickrate comes more from Mercys and Moiras weakness right now and the fact that she is most fun to play.

I think it’s a cycle. One damage, support and tank every year. They have introduced 3 supports(Ana, Moira, and Brigitte), 3 damage(Sombra, Doomfist, Ashe) and 2 tanks(Orisa and Wrecking Ball) I think a tank is next. But I think they won’t announce 2 tanks in 2019 but during the summer they might announce a support.

The hero Echo was in some old concept art way back. Im pretty sure it was well before Muriel even came out. So no, its not a ripoff.

No true dps mains from the early days gonna play torb or sym. Torb and sym are forcefully put into dps category since they don’t fit anywhere else. Only their original mains still play them.

Many Symmetra mains stopped playing her after rework.

XD, to be honest majority of time I saw someone playing sym these days, they are playing her to either throw or only for the meme

It is a counter. It’s in fact the least situational counter. You need to run DIve to play Winston, sacrifice Zarya’s brawl power to play D.Va. That leaves Genji, and it means going in the enemy backline, most likely alone.

Not Mercy, not Moira, not Brig. That’s already half of the healers with a chance of escape. The thing is, it’s not so much about Ana dying, it’s about her inefficiency in Dive. She can’t heal through shields AND needs to be at range. Meaning she’s vulnerable to dive AND can’t follow divers. Unlike Mercy and Lucio, while Zen can heal through shields.

No, it was because of Rez on cooldown exclusively. Her heal was at 60HPS for a long time and she remained trash until invul was added to Mass Rez (and a bug gave high SR gains with lots of Rezzes).

D.Va is much less picked than in the past. She can’t dive Ana anymore, when there’s Rein, Zarya and Brig on the way. Same for Genji.

Moira isn’t weak. At all. As for the fun factor, it doesn’t justify a near 100% pickrate in higher tiers.
She’s a must pick. It’s an issue. It needs solving. Buffing Mercy won’t take her down. Buffing Moira is a recipe for disaster aka powercreep.

They do. Reworked Torbjorn.

Or maybe we can play whatever the heck we want and we can appreciate new characters no matter what class they fall under because we don’t act entitled?

Just an idea

1 Like

Because DPS players play the game and want new content too.

Instead ask why Blizzard isn’t just releasing more heroes as they become playable to the PTR at least rather than this content drought 3 heroes a year practice.

1 Like

We are well aware. DPS players are a dime a dozen. The rest of the community is sick of 3+ DPS comps. Implement role queue, make DPS players wait 3x as along as tanks and healers to get a game (3x as many), and give the all them new content in the world.

they are quite a bit weaker than the DPS though…
also I liked the squid, why did you change it 4head

LOL