Why is the Overwatch team adding more DPS heroes to the roster?

With DPS heroes far out-numbering supports and tanks and the tendency for so many players to main a particular hero, why would we add more DPS heroes at this point? There are already so many (and I mean SO MANY) pleas for role-select due to the constant 3+ DPS teams we all have to try to balance around. This makes no sense.

Now we have a reworked Torb and a new DPS hero at the same time. Add all the influx of new Trob and Ashe mains to the list of people who are already DPS mains and we’re really going to have an even more difficult time accomplishing team balance.

I just don’t get it.

19 Likes

Most heroes were healers and tanks … think it’s fair to add a dps again.

46 Likes

Most heroes were DPS and healers. I think it’s unfair they didn’t add a tank.

7 Likes

Most heroes were DPS and tanks … think it’s fair to add a healer again.

6 Likes

Because the last few hero reveals have been tank / support, DPS players need something new to play too.

39 Likes

Another DPS character just increases the likelihood of having an unbalanced team. That is the reality.

19 Likes

So many disappointments in the space a of a few minutes.

• new hero is a DPS
  • The best part about her is the mute omnic
  • the robot figure we’ve seen in the past isn’t actually Athena, but a ripoff of Paragon’s Muriel
14 Likes

They want to keep the game fresh and exciting for all kinds of players, not just support and tank players. The past 3 heroes have been tanks and supports so the upcoming one is a dps. The next 3 will probably be tanks and supports again.

25 Likes

:thinking:
I’m curious. I assume it will take around a month. But how long will it take for people to just understand that she is a dps. End of discussion. Sorry I get that people don’t find it fair, but the reality is that it’s been over a year since we got a dps. So it’s time for a new one. And we probably won’t get one for another year or so.

You can’t actually expect them to ignore new dps heroes for several years. That’s just selfish.

5 Likes

Maybe they could try to play tanks and healer you know, so I wont see 4 dps instalocking every freacking game

8 Likes

DPS players will Always, ALWAYS outnumber the tanks and support mains. Even if they add a bunch of tanks and supports many people won’t play those classes on principle, because they want to get kills.

We got a hint at what I assume is a future support hero in Echo, so there’s that.

Ashe looks fun, and this is coming from a tank/support player.

5 Likes

Jeff Kaplan just said on Emongg’s stream that they have 6 heroes planned. Most (if not all 6) are going to be tanks/supports. Calm down.

4 Likes

Because with (almost) every new hero added the game got worse and worse. (Excluding ana and orisa.) And the only way to counter the absolutely insane amount of healing in this was a hero that had a dot burst dng ability and a shotgun/hitscan weapon. I blame brig tbh.

2 Likes

Yeah… you’re just… wrong. Totally wrong.

2 Likes

Fresh?! They have TWICE the options as is. They have freshness for days already! Give the under half the roster roles some much-needed catch up!

3 Likes

Give us role select, then the DPS mains can wait 3x as long for a game. Then the devs can make things as fresh for DPS as they want and all will be fair.

10 Likes

Totally agree. Every match I have played lately is full of dps and even totally lacking healers or tanks. That is why I started playing support. But gets kind of annoying sometimes. Each dps in match screaming “Need healing” well of course you do!

3 Likes

I main Tanks, and I fill as support, and yet I’m excited to see a new dps, especially a hitscan one.
I would be dissapointed to see another healer/tank since we had 3 in a row. The upcoming heroes will be tanks/supports, so its fine.

7 Likes

new heroes were ….

• Ana
  • Sombra
  • Orisa
  • Doom
  • Moira
  • Brig
  • Hamster
    … 2 dps 3 healer 2 tanks. Where am i totally wrong? 1st think, than talk … or write.
8 Likes

Question is, will Echo be released at the same time too ? because she looks like a support