Why is it so hard for Mercy players to accept this?

I don’t know what ranks you think she’s good in, because in terms of win rates she’s the second worst support up to Plat, then becomes the worst support above that.

Just because she sees some more use in lower ranks, doesn’t mean she’s effective there.

2 Likes

In lower ranks Ana isn’t working, since she requires LoS with teammate, and teammates are not known to stick together there. Same for Moira. So which healer is left, that can effectively heal teammates scattered all over map?

Experience tells me that the Mercy trying to do that just ends up over-extended and dead with the team mate they chased after.

Mercy has her limits too, but she better handles situations, when teammates are separated by walls/corners/other obstacles.

Obviously following teammate, that goes on suicidal charge is getting you killed, like with any other healer.

When they’re separated like this, GA loses a lot of value as it requires LOS, and the range of her beam puts her closer to being in harms way (never mind trying to use Res in a brawl lol). She’s really not a good hero for these situations, which is why Moira is both better and more effective since her wraith form is always reliable and her orbs have limitless range.

I’m sorry, but Mercy is at a point now where I just don’t like seeing her on my team.

That’s what you save Valkyrie for, ironically. It’s bad ult for sustaining team, but it’s great escape button.

Mercy had almost all power taken away from her, but Moira isn’t that great with vertical mobility.

An ult is not a reliable escape option.

It charges relatively quick, and your teammates won’t miss it anyway. PTR changes have it charge even faster.

Not best escape option, I agree.

You really do sound dumb. We aren’t upset cause it gets harder. We’re upset because she is underpowered. Why pick Mercy to fix an allies mistake when Ana and Moira have the heals to prevent the mistake from occurring? Why ask for your allies to protect you, hindering their performance, instead of picking Ana and Moira who require less peel and are more independent. Not to mention, they both deal incredible damage for supports and can even get a few picks, while Mercy cannot.

1 Like

Well, if your ability is incredibly strong, it may be worth it. But single target resurrect isn’t that strong.

Guess we’re pulling out those nasty twitch chat emotes, keep them with xQc nobody wants em’

Valk practically puts Mercy into autopilot mode as said above. There’s not much timing to it, not much to do during it at all. Just throw it out before a fight and pray your team decides to push.

1 Like

xqcThonk

Still the most skill expressive thing she’s ever had.

It’s most skilled DPS ultimate, yet least skilled support ultimate.

2 Likes

No, because most other supports only have to press triangle. That doesn’t take skill. Mercy while valking actively does more than that.

1 Like

It’s most skilled in DPS part: going pew pew with pistol. In support part it’s both unskilled, like the rest, but also weak.

If Valk is not skillful, then I don’t know what you’d call other support ults since all they require is a button press.

Not skillful, but getting job done, unlike Valkyrie.
Don’t care even a little, if ultimate is skillful or not, as long as it can turn things around in dire situation.

Well it’s going to be more helpful now with the 60HPS buff. Your team has to be aggressive when you ult. It’s not a bad ult just because your teammates can’t do anything with it.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is bad, for that exact reason. Support ults usually help to fix flaws of your teammates (extra damage, if aim is poor, or extra survivability, if they are not good at avoiding damage).

As long as Valkyrie is healing that low, it will be of little help.

But Valk does just that. :neutral_face:

1 Like