Why do you think Mercy needs to be changed?

Is that the blush emoticon?

I never said to play her in GOATS. That’s the opposite of what you do.

Why not both?? You lack imagination. Mercy + Baptiste is a crazy combo, I’ve been playing PTR for hours a day for the past several days.

Because Lucio speedboost just got gutted? Do you understand how dive works? Ana can only function if dive because of Lucio speedboost to speed her away from Winston/other divers. Now that speedboost is gutted on allies, Ana’s viability within and against dive just dropped 100x fold.

Jeff said that they consider main healers to be characters with either great burst healing or amazing consistent throughput, like Mercy. Him saying you can play Bap and Mercy together doesn’t make her an off healer. When you play Mercy + Bap, she is by FAR the main healer. Every game I play on PTR with a Bap on my team, I end the game with card for 40% or more of team damage healed.

Here’s the card from the game I just finished where we had Rein, Zarya, Baptiste, Widow, and Mcree. h ttps://gyazo.com/51752d33c5ef96672d3243678166135f

There is no requirement in the rules of these forums that a post must be replied to, in part or in full

That said, I addressed both questions that were asked.

No agreement was made between us regarding quoting the others posts

There are no forum rules I am aware of that limit when one can quote the post of another, aside from quoting material that is itself a violation of forum rules

Agreed, and you have my personal thanks for not blushing

Funny.
I find Overbuff agreeing with me.

Average healing:

Wow. Second highest healing!
That’s pretty low, isn’t it? /s

Average pickrate:

Darn. She has the 6th highest pickrate.
She’s surely F-tier. /s

And yes, I’m aware that she has a lower pickrate in gm. It’s almost as if she isn’t meta in the rank that’s more focused on metas :thinking:

• Lowest damage? Yes.
  • Lowest healing? Heck no. Which I have already proven in the picture above.

I don’t even need sites as Overbuff for this.

Proof.

Because how I see it is she still a viable main healer with the second highest healing in the game who just happens not to be meta.

So proof to me that she is indeed not what I think she is.

3 Likes

O stop it. You’re making me blush.

1 Like

People always forget that =\

Another thing I’ve always been confused by is people who argue “What about the people who like her now?” considering that all those who liked her previously had all their threads dumped into the trash =_=“

ITS THE FACTUALLY GUY

Factually, the body of this text was unclear…

1 Like

Honestly, I am honestly sorry to have made you blush.

Honest

1 Like

What specific elements require clarification?

There are only 6 supports in the game. She has a lower pickrate than Ana from Silver to GM. Yes, from SILVER to GM.

I said middling. As in she is below moira and ever so slightly above ana while at the same time providing minimal damage, in fact she provides only 1/10 of the second lowest supports damage even if you include damage boost stats.

Am I supposed to be happy that she outheals Zenyatta or something?

1 Like

Oh apologies again. You see, you made the agreement when you didn’t answer the previous question. My apologies for not clarifying. Do let me know once you can provide an answer to what I’ve asked before, since it still hasn’t been answered. :blush:

You claimed that she has a healthy pickrate, when it is the lowest of the main healers.

You’ve claimed that she has an average winrate, when she has the lowest winrate among supports.

And you’ve claimed that she has the second highest average healing, despite the fact that she is currently performing poorly in the current meta, and has been even before it.

So… I beg your pardon… But how exactly is she “viable”? You do realize that heroes can be statistically balanced but still unengaging, unrewarding, unimpactful, and unfun to play by a lot of people right? :blush:

First off, the correct term is “You reap what you sow.”

Secondly

That is an adorable act of false-altruism, but I must disagree with your reasoning.

I believe that if double standards are to be made, they should be called out, especially if the person in question has had a completely different stance less than 3 months ago. I think there is nothing wrong with questioning both their views and need to make so many threads. If I recall, making at least 3 Mercy threads in one day are grounds of what your quote “group”, considers “flooding the forums” or “spamming”. So I in a sense, expected a lot more from most of you who fit this description. Because all of what I’ve seen is the defending their actions, and I believe I know why.

I believe the truth is, you won’t call “spam” on this series of threads, because it agrees with your agenda, because the OP believes that #MercyIsFine, as you do. Which is totally fine for me. I’m just here taking notes, and calling out the double standards as they happen. And I’ll be sure to keep that in mind and point that out the next time a thread is made and the #MercyIsFine movement starts attacking it as it doesn’t agree with them. But hey, keep doing what you’re doing! I await the next Mercy thread to be made and how your group of folks react to it when it doesn’t fit the “Mercy is fine” narrative. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Just looking at those stats, her healing is basically the same as the others but other areas of contribution are, rather low… This is in exchange for possibly getting a res off every 30(?) seconds?

I have already stated that no such agreement was made between us, and have nothing further to add at this time

And how exactly is this a bad thing.

No really, why is it a bad thing that Mercy doesn’t has the highest pickrate of all the healers, even in a tank meta?

Sure, Mercy lacks the utility like Ana and the survivability like Moira, but in return does she not has to worry about aiming, ammo, resource meters and barriers.

And yes, she lacks the ability to deal decent damage, but in return has she the best mobility of all the main healers. No other main healer can compete with this.

This all seems like a fair tradeoff imo.
This is how balancing heroes should be imo.

Well it wouldn’t be good if she didn’t, right?

Factually, I should warn you about their tendency to state their opinions as “Factual.”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Factually, the website didn’t like me just putting down the top line =\

I actually see Mercy as having stronger utility than Ana and greater escapability than Moira, but that’s just me

1 Like

What are you on about, his speed boost was dropped to 50%, sure it will make goats harder, but its still more than enough to boop and speed the Ana out of winstons range.
Also I do like how you just chose to completely ignore the part about Brig babysitting the ana against dive just fine still. :wink:

Yes, cause playing Mercy with a main healer, if she doesnt have a specific dps to pocket, forces the other healers to play a weird main heal/off heal hybrid cause Mercy brings almost nothing except mediocre healing.

I dont, I literally mentioned it in the same comment as part of the dev commentary. And they were the ones who said baptiste is the main healer in the baptiste Mercy healer combo.

I need a fact facted.

Is this a fact?