Why are Blizz so silent?

Which one?

The February one? or the May one?

The February one was before the old forums. GreyFalcon posted a screenshot on another thread that got moved to the mega.

The may one is in most of the Mercy related threads.

Give me both. I want the exact statements, give them to me by heart if you’re so sure about them. In full context as well if you don’t mind.

yea like that new battle royale that blizz/activision hinted at making during the last overwatch event.

makes sense. They all jumped ship to work on something that would produce insta monies if created right.

1 Like

Full context doesn’t exactly exist on posts made in the mega thread, nor posts made on the old forums.

You gotta get context yourself on those my boye.

I also can’t post images. So i’m gonna have to quote the May one and quote GreyFalcon’s post where the screenshot exists.

Then type out what’s on the screenshot. You sit here critiquing the Mercy playing community for taking comments out of context, yet you essentially won’t even give said comments.

They had nothing to do with her being changed so much, I’m sure you understand that. And as people who know the hero I also think you should know they have the right to complain about them. If someone keeps asking for a revert, are tired of constant changes and don’t like the state of their hero even when they ‘overshadow’ everyone else they have every right do they not?

Many of them want mass rez, the ultimate ability and I’m sure you can agree that, even with minimum context, that she was not overshadowing other healers. Heck, it’s not even so much as her being too good as it was the other heroes being awful when valk was introduced.

Ana was always garbage tier with buffs, Mercy did a better job at keeping her team alive since Ana dropped you don’t need to understand the game to see that. You can’t make other characters shine by making another nonviable, same for the other heroes.

4 Likes

Here’s the 2 quotes, 1 is a screenshot but you gotta go to the thread it was posted in to see it.

Where did they take that out of context again? When the member of Blizzard says ‘right now’ there isn’t much to go off of considering not long after she got another nerf anyway so apparently they can’t even take Blizzard’s word on the matter.

Could many taken that as they’re working on changes? Yes sure, but to try to demonize many of them who speak on this meaning potential changes as delusional because a few claim there could be additional changes is very shallow.

You ana players get a lil buff and all of a sudden you think you’re at the top of the food chain ha. Back to the bin you go now.

3 Likes

lmao you’re very wrong.

you’re making them out to be like high IQ planners even though they created brig, doom, and sombra. albeit sombra is the only ok character.

They nerf’d orisa’s damage after she launched even though her bullet spray is completely random and barely hits a third of the time.
so too an extent it balances out. high damage projectile that barely hits.

nerfs it

“omg these low ranked players crying about hog”
“we need to nerf and balance the game around these low ranked players while at the same time create a pro scene for overwatch”

“Omg, dva eats ult!!! nerf that!!! Dont think about trying to wait out dm and attacking her when its off. OR Better yet, dont even ASK us to nerf her DM so it gets a TWO second cooldown instead of ONE. Also here’s rockets no one asked for and we completely changed up how D.va plays for like the third time. Have fun”

Do you know what I keep seeing from posts?
I see defense of this company for messing up.
I see them saying “oh thats just how blizzard operates. They rotate out OP characters with other characters so they’ll be OP. They’re not aiming for balance.”

I see that

And it completely blows my mind.
Same with you. You’re probably new to the game.

hope you arent new.

and the fact that this community is just jumping on mercy players for their main not even being balanced correctly and how the dev team said “this is a good change” nerfs her 13 times.
outright blows my mind.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-04-activision-blizzard-jumping-on-battle-royale-bandwagon

yeah this seems pretty big

4 Likes

They’re taking it out of context by ignoring “right now” as a reason why Mercy shouldn’t have been touched this past week.

They’re ignoring the fact Blizzard even said a revert is not an option as well.

I’m not sure what you’re not getting out of this. The players are taking what Jeff says and acting like part of it doesn’t exist. That’s the definition of out of context.

If you say “Yeah, Mtn dew is just the worst. I love proving people wrong when they say they like it” and twist it into “Yeah, I love Mtn Dew. I like proving people wrong when they say they love it” is just plain innaccurate. Sure, this is an extreme example, but it’s still there.

And this is where civil discussion ends.

Back to the bin you go now.

This is why my profile is private.

I think they’ve learned that they can’t say anything without the forum beating them to death with it forever, and sometimes willfully misinterpreting it.

2 Likes

Just like a user just did when I directly quoted Blizzard lol.

It’s good to see the community hasn’t changed.

Do they have to ? where does it say they have to say something to you every once in a while ?

And that’s why we have mods, who should be active as well

I am still waiting for this statement of yours, you have yet to provide by the way pretending you can’t write it out rather it be laziness or just a sheer matter of it might not even existing, anyway your example is very very extreme I agree.

Anyway, there is this essentially lack of reasoning for the nerf in the first place. When Blizzard gives a statement saying she’s fine then all of a sudden nerf the essential part of her kit for no particular reason it seems that there should be some sort of haze between developer and player. Do you know the context of the buff by chance?

I never planned on being civil with you, civility went out the window as soon as you made bogus claims about Mercy mains. Keep it private. You gave the qoute allegedly taken out of context, you didn’t provide anything else.

How can you make a bogus, idiotic claim with zero evidence, and then try to back it up with an analogy that is extreme.

That’s not discussion, that’s you being an idiot.

2 Likes

And sadly are not as active as they should be.

Doesn’t excuse the fact the community seems to be outright ignoring rules put in place. There’s no excuse for that.

Sooo

Devs should be active and so should be mods

I do think you’re attacking the community for no real reason.

in my honest opinion, blizzard brought this situation onto themselves.

They created bad patch after bad patch. The community held together to not see how bad of a game this is due to the events and cosmetics. now that this event went under the bus as not meeting yearly expectations. Its making the community actively see how bad the game is due to the bad balancing.
And funny enough, about a year into overwatch’s release, I went on another forum and they said the game will be dead due to terrible balancing. Now that we’re here, we are seeing the current day result of blizzard balancing. And of course it’ll make the community mad.
Especially how reinhardt got worse and worse over the years in terms of bugs. Roadhog is now RNG dependent due to the fact that they balanced him so low rankers, gold and below, dont get Stomped by him even though they’re trying to make the game more competitive. Thats counter intuitive and because of that, blizzard strung the game in three different directions. For casuals, pros, and for what blizzard wants. Blizzard has to pick two things and only two things. If they want casuals and pros to like it, they need to add depth and remove the complexity.
If they want it to be blizzard and pros, they need remove what they did for casuals and provide more depth and complexity.

Also, the pink mercy charity event was purely to test the waters which is why we now have two skins that cost 15 dollars each.

pretty funny tbh.

and then they throw out a 43 mb or more patch literally a day after the summer games so the 30$ lucio emote cant be bought.

5 Likes

They also said that they will make Mercy work with rez as an ability. Nobody wants that. Okay maybe a handful, but the majority wants it either gone, as an ultimate or at least tied into an ultime.
We don’t want Mercys base kit to suffer just because the devs are too stubborn trying to make rez work like it is.

3 Likes

the reason they want it on an ability slot is because they want the game to be fast paced.

Which is why they made symmetra the way she is right now. They accounted high speed game play into it and it mostly works in conjunction with her team and her tp.
they’re still treating her as a support character instead of as a DPS.
I say support as in she Supports her team and puts them in good positions cus tp.

1 Like

More along the lines of just the mods at the moment.

They come on once every few hours. The problem isn’t the lack of communication at this point but the lack of moderation.

The Mercy community largely seems to be in a rebellion state. As a result, you have to quell such a rebellion. Blizzard seems to be doing okay at that, sometimes.

Sunday, for example, Moderation came on, once at ~5pm to look around and see what was happening. As a result, most of the Mercy spam got off the “latest” tab while the megathread got seen again and most of the people threatening others still aren’t back yet.

The moderation team needs to come on more frequently to handle this rebellion. The reason most rebellions (pre modernism) were so successful was simply because reinforcements were sent too slowly and arrived in waves instead of a constant stream of moderation.

If 3 ships of soldiers arrives every monday at noon vs 2 ships a day, one ever 12 or so hours, it becomes extremely predictable and easy to avoid.

Right now, it’s incredibly predictable. Moderation comes online at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 5-6pm est. Sometimes even at ~9pm and 2am. This schedule only accounts for the week days. On the weekends, the schedule appears to completely hault. Sunday, they come on for hardly any time at all while saturday, it might be 4 times at the most.

It’s extremely predictable.

Honestly, bad is just subjective. The community of Mercy players seemed to not like it. Most players liked all, if not most of the patches.

We’re just gonna flag this and move on. Not worth giving you any more time if you’re going to act like that.

Edit: relevant video I just watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpWbH7ATBA