Why are Blizz so silent?

Seriously, what’s the deal?

They’ve just dropped off of the forums completely, it’s as if they’ve all quit their jobs.

Ignoring feedback is one thing, but being completely absent…what’s even the point?

130 Likes

Because half of the people on the forums are annoying and the other half are outright toxic.

68 Likes

or they work on something big and don’t have much time

22 Likes

There’s plenty of valid criticism and well formed opinions on the forums that they can respond to.

48 Likes

Because they are working on the game and but there are no things worth showing right now

1 Like

Maybe they don’t really have a community team like WoW does?

6 Likes

We can only hope. :expressionless:

1 Like

You mean like counting the money they got from lootboxes?

31 Likes

Anyone that keeps bringing this up doesn’t seem to understand that it’s the companies best interest to show face and provide information based on problems / growing concerns overloading especially as of late. The community can be nice, mean, crude, silly, stupid, it doesn’t matter they should address the community and as such that is the PR community managers job. It’s easier if the community is nice but it doesn’t change his role if they are not.

It’s not entitlement to expect this, wrong understanding of the issue.

37 Likes

WoW expansion yesterday, Gamescom next week.

4 Likes

That’s not an excuse

1 Like

yea srysly what is up !!! no lore , no replys … are they dead ?
rip devs

I’m going to guess “the calm before the storm” has something to do with it. Maybe a strange way of building hype? I mean, the overwatch dev team has been one of the most vocal developer groups in gaming (prior to their recent silence). The communication was amazing, I can’t imagine they are just not doing that anymore.

I’m hopeful a flood of content is coming soon.

2 Likes

the owl stuff is a whole other team only doing that though, aside from people doing skins and spectator mode maybe

2 Likes

They’re busy with the All-Stars and then the World Cup, then they’ll be busy with Season 2 and then whatever pro OW they can squeeze in. Meanwhile the game is only going downhill. Can’t wait to see how dissapointing the Halloween event will be.

14 Likes

You do realise a separate team works on the league to the team that works on the game we play.

1 Like

It is august. I bet everyone is just on a vacation.

14 Likes

And then there are actually valuable feedback threads (not only Mercy ones) the moderators should highlight, read and pass on to the devs.

But who does that these days … Too much work for a #smallindiecompany like Blizzard.

2 Likes

Blizzard know about the mercy concerns. If my facts are right there are thousands of posts about mercy. They arent going to tell us what they are doing because things are subject to change. Same goes for all heroes

1 Like

Then why not announce that? “Hi, it’s Jeff from the Overwatch Team, we’re working on something big for you guys…” etc.

8 Likes