Which places work and don't for prepaid --- WIKI

Add one.

Red pocket mobile works.

3 Likes

What abt USA straight talk? Thats what i got btw

1 Like

Yes that’s what I have and it works

1 Like

Already on the list. Storm zero reported it, and I added it - it works.

Added! Thanks for the info!

Confirmed Talkatone app works if you pay $2 to remove ads–battlenet’s message is a “premium message”. So a good cheap options for trolls I guess.
So as long as you can download apps–I used my iPod–this will work for you.

6 Likes

if a person Where to switch, would the phone number still be accepted, or would you need a new phone number? i dont want to switch, spend money, and then be denied.

1 Like

Note that you have to be Trust Level 3 to do this, which unfortunately rules out most of us xD

I use Giffgaff and I have my phone number linked to my Blizzard account. Yesterday I checked to see if I can recieve SMS notifications from Blizzard and I can indeed.

1 Like

I’m on Giffgaff and get the error saying pre-paid numbers aren’t allowed.

1 Like

I stuck Virgin Media (UK) on that list since it works for me. It didn’t initially but I guess I made a typo while linking my phone number, since it worked the second time IIRC. Confusingly, it gave me an error message saaying my number was pre-paid so I don’t know, maybe I didn’t actually make a typo and the linking system is actually a bit unreliable?

1 Like

I’m on iD - monthly contract - and it doesn’t work for me. Asks me to “please enter a post-paid phone number.”

From the UK btw

2 Likes

(and shouldn’t!, which is funny)

Could you not, considering this is likely my only avenue to being able to play?

2 Likes

Telefonica in Germany is O2. A major carrier. Why would they block that when prepaid numbers are the same as post paid.

Are these all prepaid or postpaid? I think it would be helpful to split the working numbers into prepaid/postpaid as well as numbers that don’t seem to work.

Metro by T-Mobile isn’t working (used to be called MetroPCS).

3 Likes

Update!

So I’m on iD mobile and my number didn’t work. So I tried my mums who is on the same provider and hers worked? What the actual?

3 Likes

Can confirm pre-paid works for Brazil. At least for me.

I have no idea why I’m the outlier when it comes to Cricket/Metro working. I originally added my mobile number years ago (Probably ~5?) when it was a cricket number, worked fine. It’s now a metro number, still works fine. Authenticator app also works fine. I’m in burgerland, too.

Can someone who has cricket or metro try setting up their mobile authenticator BEFORE trying to set up SMS? Maybe that’s the key. It would be stupid if true, but might be worth a try.

Right, there’s something wrong with their phone verification thing or whatever. There’s no way there isn’t.

As I said previously, I tried my number and it didn’t work. So tried my mums - who has a contract, like mine, with the same provider and everything - and hers worked. So I deleted that number to try my own again. No luck. So went to add my mums number back again - and that number no longer works now :rofl: Even though it did previously.

So there’s no way it can be working properly

5 Likes