Switched plan to monthly, phone still not accepted

Apparently this could be a work around if you need Fox.

This post has much better detail about it

2 Likes

:scream: My god, “Defense Matrix was a mistake” wasn’t referring to D.Va, it was referring to this!

#JeffTheProphet

2 Likes

Thanks for the added info!

It’s dumb that Cricket and others are just being blocked when they have like equally valid plans and can revive SMS.

Hope that this can at least help those who have been on Cricket for years, or have like accounts for their kids to play with but not investing in some expensive phone.

3 Likes

It seems that talkatone is not available in my country, according to google play.

The quote given by StickyBog is part of a thread that has a whole list of what’s working and what’s not. Hopefully that can help you out.

You cannot have a prepaid phone plan. Period. So, even though your plan is monthly, if you are paying a month in advance, instead of being billed after the month is over, you can never play Overwatch ever again.

It will probably be like 80+ % of the players. The prepaids are cheaper. That’s like Tmobile, Metro PCS, Cricket, that old people one, basically every carrier exept AT&T and Verizon.

Some people can probably use a work number because employers usually have the non prepaid.

This will be problematic for disabled people that play, as Medicaid gives you a prepaid plan–so they are discriminating against disable people. Can’t wait to see that lawsuit!

2 Likes

Blizzard can go pound if they think I’m going to buy a new, more expensive phone plan just so I can play their game! I hope they lose 99% of their players because someone didn’t do their homework before implementing this. They lost me because I have a pre-paid!

2 Likes

Okay I see. Time to find another leisure activity then. Can’t even play QP, KEKW.

OP, did you import your old phone number? If it’s flagged as previously being pre-paid blizz still won’t accept it.

1 Like

Yeah, my number didn’t change, I switched to a plan. I think “SaltyOlBroad” above is right that even though it’s a monthly plan, it probably still counts as “prepaid”. I honestly don’t know and there is 0 transparency coming from Blizzard.

So basically the issue is with the number itself. You need a new phone number that’s NEVER been associated with a pre-paid plan. If you kept your phone number you didn’t meet the requirements. Yeah. Let that sink in.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s stupid.

3 Likes

I hope a blue reads this thread.

3 Likes

Seriously, it’s not right.

People are going out of their way to switch providers and/or pay more for a post paid provider only not to know that they can’t transfer their old number with it or it won’t work.

We need a dev response please!!! This is getting out of hand!

4 Likes

I am so sorry this happened to you, and that Blizzard continues to actively ignore this issue. I truly hope it gets resolved or someone does something, it is absolutely absurd.

1 Like

They used to have one. Everything is online only now though.

I looked through a bunch of plans, even post paid family ones. Same, if not cheaper, than the phone plans that are being blocked.

I was merged into T-Mobile from Sprint. I do not have a pre-paid plan. My number works fine.

I mean, people have been saying it a lot on the forums, that the number will have to be changes and the number is the issue. It’s a matter of, do you read one post and then pull the trigger or do you read a bunch and then figure out what to do. Today, people don’t do the latter. They go off the first bit of information and roll with it. No additional checks. No additional information. The first bit of information is all they need. Not even clarifications.

These are from 2020. People are also thinking that Blizzard may go back on the requirement for SMS but look at Warzone, they didn’t go back on it for that game.

2 Likes

This makes me so sad, my heart truly breaks for the people who can’t enjoy or try the game they have been waiting 3 years for. So many people here and many of my friends are just screwed over.

Again, I apologize to all of those affected since Blizzard probably won’t ever apologize to you. The more noise we make the more chances we have at possibly getting this fixed though, the chance might be low but don’t stop here.

1 Like

Don’t worry bro I’ll open a phone account for you. Its the only way

This. Ahhh, I honestly can only think of using SMS for comp at this time being most fair. I’m sadly not too creative when it comes to solutions for this particular issue but I’m gonna try brainstorming. I did see many try to state great ways they can work around this though.

Not gonna lie, it is tiresome constantly repeating the same thing at tines buuuut if someone is confused I have no problem filling them in if that is the case :relaxed: Knowledge about what the problem js gurst is where you start to find solutions to said problem after all. Perhaps the more that know, the more problem solvers we can get! :grin: