Switched plan to monthly, phone still not accepted

I hear you. Nintendo is the same way. I keep trying to turn a blind eye to what they do but I can’t. Once you see it, it’s all a matter of choosing to continue to or just pretending not to.

I agree it really is a slap in the face. It’s a shame honestly.

1 Like

But they just said it was only the disposable money they received they put into it.

And to be honest, most prepaid plans are completely fine and some are close to contract plans. I’m on a contract plan and all that’s changed from my previous prepaid is I get 2 more gigs of data. Heck my coverage is about the same too.

So it’s confusing that you decide to take the least charitable interpretation.

1 Like

“lol, it sucks to be poor, I guess!”
-Aaron Keller and the Overwatch Team

4 Likes

This can’t last.

This would alienate a potential 27-30 million players.

1 Like

Now we know why Jeff left.
He was a Cricket user.
/s

10 Likes

Apparently this could be a work around if you need Fox.

This post has much better detail about it

2 Likes

:scream: My god, “Defense Matrix was a mistake” wasn’t referring to D.Va, it was referring to this!

#JeffTheProphet

2 Likes

Thanks for the added info!

It’s dumb that Cricket and others are just being blocked when they have like equally valid plans and can revive SMS.

Hope that this can at least help those who have been on Cricket for years, or have like accounts for their kids to play with but not investing in some expensive phone.

3 Likes

It seems that talkatone is not available in my country, according to google play.

The quote given by StickyBog is part of a thread that has a whole list of what’s working and what’s not. Hopefully that can help you out.

You cannot have a prepaid phone plan. Period. So, even though your plan is monthly, if you are paying a month in advance, instead of being billed after the month is over, you can never play Overwatch ever again.

It will probably be like 80+ % of the players. The prepaids are cheaper. That’s like Tmobile, Metro PCS, Cricket, that old people one, basically every carrier exept AT&T and Verizon.

Some people can probably use a work number because employers usually have the non prepaid.

This will be problematic for disabled people that play, as Medicaid gives you a prepaid plan–so they are discriminating against disable people. Can’t wait to see that lawsuit!

2 Likes

Blizzard can go pound if they think I’m going to buy a new, more expensive phone plan just so I can play their game! I hope they lose 99% of their players because someone didn’t do their homework before implementing this. They lost me because I have a pre-paid!

2 Likes

Okay I see. Time to find another leisure activity then. Can’t even play QP, KEKW.

OP, did you import your old phone number? If it’s flagged as previously being pre-paid blizz still won’t accept it.

1 Like

Yeah, my number didn’t change, I switched to a plan. I think “SaltyOlBroad” above is right that even though it’s a monthly plan, it probably still counts as “prepaid”. I honestly don’t know and there is 0 transparency coming from Blizzard.

So basically the issue is with the number itself. You need a new phone number that’s NEVER been associated with a pre-paid plan. If you kept your phone number you didn’t meet the requirements. Yeah. Let that sink in.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s stupid.

3 Likes

I hope a blue reads this thread.

3 Likes

Seriously, it’s not right.

People are going out of their way to switch providers and/or pay more for a post paid provider only not to know that they can’t transfer their old number with it or it won’t work.

We need a dev response please!!! This is getting out of hand!

4 Likes