🛡 "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

I am aware, this isn’t the highest I’ve ever been (I’d feel like the scum of the Earth if it was). Reinhardt is a decent counter to Brigitte, but not if I hit you when you least expect it. :wink:

Thank you for the congratulations, it feels good to be back up where I belong. :grin: (even if I had to play Brigitte to get back there quickly and effortlessly).

3 Likes

Hear Hear, pass the Beer!

3 Likes

So… here’s what I propose. If the devs can’t fix his ult. Give him a new one!

As much as I really enjoy getting fat nasty shatters. It isn’t worth the risk to even attempt it.

For now, might as well just keep the ult all game and scare people with the possibility of using it. xD

2 Likes

Already thought of a good Rein fix:

Well look, at least they’re trying wrt the Shatter…

Thing is though, anyone see ANY posts or statements that were from the devs regarding the animation cancelling? The sluggish shield? The “bug fixes” that we still have no word on?
I didn’t think so…

1 Like

I feel like they changed their policy regarding communication with the community, until Blizzcon at least.

Jeff been the public face of overwatch has probably been moved to direct a new project and with him gone, there is noone left to answer any questions or notice these bugs or stealth changes, unless the moderators report them back to the office, which clearly is not happening.

I have a thread for a very serious bug concerning Rein and Brigitte, that has been reported by countless other people. I included description why and how it happens with very clear video examples from myself and a lot of other community members.
The bug is still present in 1.28 and ignored completely.

6 Likes

I’ve read that thread.

Have the still ignored it?? For real?

I can’t even anymore…

2 Likes

For the love of the Iris…

facepalm

Poor Reinhardt :beer: :shield: puts his harmony’s orb on him, you need fixing, my friend.

5 Likes

“More consistent Earthshatter”

Consistently broken

4 Likes

One of the things that’s also a huge issue is Reinhardt being forced to look up when against an object or down when at a ledge. This seems like it was put there as a helper of where to aim your shield, like aim assist, but it’s broken because of what it detects as ledges.

The middle point on Point B of Volskaya is a perfect example. I’ve had it happen multiple times where standing on the center point with my shield up and decide to walk forward.

The game registers the edge of that as a massive ledge and forces Reinhardt to point his shield directly to the floor. It also stops me from reorienting it. I have to completely drop the shield and put it back up for me to regain control.

This is a sad state that not a single person on the Overwatch team has said anything.

4 Likes

I would really appreciate better visibility during this phase as well. It’s annoying when all you can see is Reinhardt’s crotch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) from the ground when trying to shield from a Pharah or some overhead danger.

3 Likes

Not too pleasant I guess…

Well I wouldn’t be saying that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 Likes

How am I supposed to area denial flankers now?
When I play rein, if a flanker gets close to my supports, I need to be able to shield and swing quickly to deny their area and protect the supports, how am I supposed to deal with flankers attacking the backline now? That’s one of the reasons I played him…

Reinhardt needs this weird balance of creating space for your team, while also staying close enough to defend them if they need it. DPS should really be helping to peel for your healers, but I usually have to do that as well more so than DPS. It is really nice when you have DPS that are just as aware as you are.

You want to stay close to your healers, but not so close that you get sucked into the damage as well. I think most flankers start backing off the moment you put your focus on them. For me, I hit a fire strike on them and start swinging, and usually the fire strike alone is enough to get a flanker to retreat.

Downside is, doing that puts your team at risk of snipers and other issues. It’s a constant balancing act, but that’s why I love Reinhardt’s playstyle because it’s super unique, way more challenging that it original seems, and if you can pull it off you WILL carry that team. Bonus points because your healers will love you.

3 Likes

Blizz replies all over the forums!

Everywhere but here.

It’s like returning to Eichenwalde every time I come back to this thread :cry:

2 Likes

Personal update;

It seems as though I can shield jump again. Please do not take my word as law. I still need to do a heap of testing. I was able to jump away from a swinging enemy Reinhardt, which hasn’t happened in about a month.

I have since re-downloaded PlaysTV so I can start recording again. I will continue to update anything I can find.

Disclaimer: Shatter, charge, and Hammer Swing…still broke AF.

2 Likes

New PTR changes, someone go there and test Reinhardt!!

2 Likes

New PTR update highlights:

Reinhardt

-Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to pin targets that were behind him when using Charge

-Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt to pin some targets when he turned during Charge

-Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to use Earthshatter while standing on an enemy’s head

-Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from sometimes hitting enemies standing on a payload

-Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from traveling up certain inclines

-Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt to abruptly change directions when he stopped holding his Barrier Field

Roadhog

-Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to sometimes break after hitting an enemy

3 Likes

but you played for 1 hour in early plat.