šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

So. Is this it? Do we now go quietly into the night, fellow crusaders; is this our twilight hour?

I understand there are other projects and big, moving pieces in the works all the time but they really couldnā€™t be bothered to put-out any word on this situation?

I canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised, coming from the WoW Arena community and receiving similar treatment.

Itā€™s been over a month, and thereā€™s no response. Personally I gave up on these forums.

We didnā€™t lose hope though, I pray that the Shatter fix is but the first step in fixing Reinhardt. We can only wait now.

2 Likes

If I reach back into my collected memories of what Blizzard normally does in these circumstances what we will see is a vast improvement in Earthshatter. Because they are fixing Reinhardtā€™s ultimate, and from the looks of it they have, then Blizzard will just act as though the job is done. They will hope we just forget that any animation canceling Reinhardt could do was ever a thing. If they never say they changed it, then it was never changed.

This does not address things like Charge still being wonky. His hammer swing is still not as fluid as it should be.

At the end of the day, if I have a more consistent Earthshatter I will feel like I am bringing more to the table then I was previously. All we can do it hope Blizzard will at least comment on the rest.

2 Likes

Apparently itā€™ll take time to fix Rein. Maybe theyā€™ll manage to adjust his ultimate, letā€™s hope so.

Tho after the confirmation that they are putting more resources on the OWL Iā€™m starting to lose hope for a quick bug fix.

Is it so hard to take care of their own game? :roll_eyes:

From what Iā€™m seeing, the answer is yes. :thinking:

2 Likes

ā€œWe finally got huge fix for Reinhardtā€™s Earthshatter, after years now of getting knocked down in midair from the shatter after getting knocked going through shields, theyā€™re finally getting fixedā€
1 Like

My two cents is that they never wanted to fix charge. They want it to be wonky and to miss. TBH Iā€™m scared that, if they fix it and it pinned consistently, everyone will start saying Rein is OPā€¦ when heā€™s just doing what he should have done from day one.

Still I rather have the wonky charge AND the animation cancels + the hammer working properly :<

1 Like

these days because of brig and reins bugginess id rather main tank solo as winston over Rein tbh

1 Like

~Le boop~

Iā€™m wondering how much time will it take to fix himā€¦ if someone would actually try to.

Months?
Years?

Will he ever be fixed?

I want to be hopeful, but the lack of communication isnā€™t helping at all.

2 Likes

If youā€™re getting frustrated with Reinhardt just play some Brig. I just did my end of season push back into platinum with Brig and didnā€™t lose a single game even though I had no idea what I was doing with the hero. Might just instalock her next season and see how high I can go.

2 Likes

Let me tell you that Brigitte isnā€™t usually a good pick one hundred percent of the time, i have %70+ Win rates with her in diamond/masters (Multiple accounts) and she feels like a really map+team comp dependent same as Reinhardt and Winston. Sheā€™s only strong in her effective range, like really strong lol, but as long as people start picking ranged heroes You better switch to Zen or Lucio. The thing with Brigitte is you either pick her to counter a specific comp or force someone to switch off a hero from the other team, or ruining Reinhardts and Roadhogs dayā€¦

I think youā€™ll figure this out once you main her next season, but you can say that this is a little bit of heads up from your fellow friendly tank main :wave:

3 Likes

Oh, so the ā€œfixā€ on PTR still isnā€™t fixed.

SOURCE: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9afd5w/ptr_reinhardts_earth_shatter_has_a_dead_spot_on/

3 Likes

Beer!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

4 Likes

Yeah, I understand that. It is uncommon for people to actually switch to counters for heroes in mid ranks like platinum, the only hero that would really cause me to switch would be a Pharah. Maybe I could find a hitscan player to pair up with when I play Brigitte. Iā€™m always able to switch between all the supports (apart from Ana) when I wish to as well.

2 Likes

Rein is bugged as hell, but then there the rare cases when the bug actually helps youā€¦

2 Likes

Got the moment you mentioned.

Can you post this GIF instead? ty

h ttps://makeagif.com/gif/comp-18-08-27-s1BlxZ

2 Likes

You should post this in the PTR bug report section so they know that thereā€™s still some problems, I can make the thread if it troubles you.

3 Likes

I did. I made one this morning.

1 Like

Oh my bad then, I will check it out and bump it if needed.

1 Like