What if we remove Mercy’s Rez and buff her to make her more viable compared to other main healers (new skill idea)?

actually the thing i don’t understand is why genjis go for mercy instead of zen when they ult i’m like “that guy has the ultimate that nullifies yours not me” and i think the mentality of “kill mercy first” has stayed despite what you’re saying

2 Likes

So much truth lol 20 chars

I like this a lot. And honestly Valk coulda maybe do 80

Because if all DPS were smart, Mercy would be a lot less useful.

Or they have PTSD from Mercy, like certain players claim to. Making them see mass resurrect flashbacks every time they see Mercy. One glimpse of her, and all those horror pictures of their 5 kills being reversed, with evil Mercy laughter :smile:

be careful saying stuff like that hun!

the “PTSD” that gamers refer to is usually nothing more than a joke… one of neighbors has PTSD and his family say that it’s made life a living hell for him and he wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and he has behavioral problems…

1 Like

That’s one fact I know for sure though: enemies would be a lot more successful, if they would simply focus my team instead, rather than trying to catch me.

As for PTSD part, here is quote from one such player:

that’s true haha sometimes i’m like “okay they used nano-blade and killed a mercy and now they’re gonna lose”

Had more annoying example of that: 4 players, Moira, D.va, Reaper, and 76, all trying very hard to keep me dead. 12 deaths, but they got carried away with that and forgot to push payload on King’s Row.

Both annoyed with them being that persistent, and glad they were that stupid.

symm lost shields; torb lost armor. Hanzo had scatter prominently in his cinematic … rez doesnt define mercy imo

1 Like

She’s the guardian angel on the battlefield that brings people back to life. She’s the angel that ascends from above to help, it’s literally shown in one of the trailers. If that doesn’t sound defining to you then…idek. You can’t compare those heroes to her because they still have something that sets then apart, something that makes then special and still is part of their character. If you take away Rez, they might as well completely rewrite her whole character and/or give us a damn arc in which it’s explained how she stopped using it.

On the other hand, as much as I’d hate for her to have it taken away, simply because it DOES define and differentiate her from the other supports, it’s the thing that holds her back from being strong. As long as Rez exists, people are always going to complain and I hope it’ll stop in the future. But we all know it won’t and it’s sad that people are only going to stop crying if she’s completely changed.

a guardial angel doesn’t bring peeps back tho…

yeah… help. not rez? The trailers dont show rez. Hanzo scatter was very much displayed in a cinematic.

guardian angel, angelic decent, strong primary non aim heal beam…

she cannot rez in Lore

I disagree. reworks made me rethink what defines a hero. Mercy, is a mobile, strong, solo target support. That isnt eliminated with rez gone.

1 Like

In lore, she treats injuries, that are supposed to be guaranteed death. If bringing someone as injured as Genji was back to life isn’t resurrection, it’s hard to tell, what is.

Hanzo was indeed surprised, that his brother is alive, and with his assassin training, he clearly did good effort in that.

yeah but that’s not rez; in game- the closest to that we have is burst healing via trans or nano.

1 Like

Wrong. Burst healing is fast recovery. Resurrect is deep recovery from severe wounds.

Would be interesting, if healers got certain areas, where their healing abilities are applicable. Zenyatta helps with mental recovery, Lucio also encourages with his music, Brigitte repairs hero’s equipment.

Rez means you flat died in overwatch. Rez in Wow is from flat death. Rez in Fortnite is from serious injuries.

that implies a different structure of the game.

Overwatch simply doesn’t have bleedout mechanic, so it reuses rez from WoW. Not to mention, that having bleedout would require giving every single player/healer ability to get their injured teammate back on their feet. As well as balance issues - how long teammate has to be in bleedout state, before finally dying? Can healers keep teammate in that state for longer with their healing, before they can get them back up? What abilities teammate should retain access to in that condition?

it’s a flat death. mercy only takes the death out in Arcade where you get a point back if rezzed in team elimination.

you get marked as someone who died. your body cannot contest. Your sr/mmr is adjusted per your death.

There’s no bleedout because the game doesn’t allow team rezzing. You have bleedouts in fortnite because your whole team can rez. Mercy is the only person in Overwatch with this mechanic.

Source, please, never saw anyone mentioning it.

Death did happen, once you are back at spawn room. As long as you are not, and team has Mercy, you still have a chance to come back.

Game doesn’t account for death being reversible, since it’s one special case.

you as a player are negatively affected if your stats show a 1:1 ratio or worse. If you die more times than you give output. This doesn’t change no matter how many times mercy rezzes you. Death per 10 min count.

1 Like

Res should be return as her Ultimate. In a way or another.
Mercy without res, is simply not Mercy.
The problem isn’t Res. The problem is Res as an ability.

There will no problems to make Res a preventive Ultimate. It is so simple to make it.

1 Like