Welp. I wasted lvl 3

I’m going to be an upstanding citizen of the Forum society and not dig for details there… :+1: :innocent:

I truly don’t wish for anyone’s expulsion from the Forums - I’m not a sadistic person and unlike some people (cough cough) I don’t take satisfaction out of the misery of others, but at the same time…the Forums just isn’t the right place for some people. There are a few people I wouldn’t miss, that’s for sure.

Yep.

I was getting tired of it, honestly. On top of spending too much time on it, I actually started finding it stressful to deal with some people.

It was around the middle of the year. Probably earlier.

2 Likes

Oh I think I know who you’re thinking of, the one who made a youtube video on them quitting? They’re 2nd place.

LOL :joy:

Yep I agree. There’s a few nasty ones still here, but most of the horrible ones have left, I think. At least from my experience.

3 Likes

YEAH i could not stand her and her mercy campaign i’m soso glad that’s dead (for the most part) now.

2 Likes

Definitely. The Forums seems far less toxic than it used to be - I remember being psychoanalysed by a complete stranger for saying “It seems that Moira gets PoTG every game…”

Two paragraphs of someone assuming my entire life and identity for one sentence that I used 0.1% of my brain-power to write.

5 Likes

ASDFJLASDKFJ this but also when people toss in the word ‘strawman’ for effect.
like no sir, we are not on the high school debate team. this is a game forum.

3 Likes

I was actually thinking about this other very active user. But the one you’re talking about is third place :rofl:

LOL that’s just sad.

But yeah, most of the people left are super chil… I dunno why so many people have suddenly become so chill. Maybe there’s less of a mob? Not sure, but it feels great to come here.

1 Like

I always try to not associate people with just arguments I’ve had with people but some people apparently take these things personally and just sit there and will fight with you even when you’re not fighting with them anymore…

3 Likes

Aw god dammnit, I don’t like missing out on tea

God sake, how did I miss it then 🥲

1 Like

i also feel like (and this may just be me but) once you’ve participated in one grand forums argument you’ve participated in them all. esp with politically charged topics. it’s always the same arguments, the same responses, and the same padlock icon.

2 Likes

Hope everyone has a great christmas tomorrow by the way :santa: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

PLEASE the amount of times I’ve seen people pull out extinct words to appear educated when you can just use simple words and not be complicated about your argument LMAO

2 Likes

UGH yeah lol. Or they invalidate everything you’ve said because you used one minor ad-hom. Honestly as long as you can provide a compelling argument, a few debate sins are acceptable in my book.

I feel the same - Maybe it’s because there are less people?

Maybe you were sleeping in the UK? :v: :yum:

Thank you! You, too! :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The bigger words you use, the dumber you become.
This is a joke by the way, Mods…

3 Likes

oh hey thanks you too :heart:
it’s been a rough year but i hope everyone in the very least gets some time to relax and maybe drink copiously eat some yummy food

3 Likes

Oh my god, I remember this LGBT thread where me and this guy argued for like a day, we went through the topic of LGBT -> representation -> world politics -> China/Hong Kong and then we spiralled back to the topic of LGBT…

All over a request of a lgbt profile pic

2 Likes

Yeah there are DEFINITELY less people nowadays.
I wasn’t on the old forums too long, but I remember there would be dislike/like bombs of around 600.

Posts nowadays get around 10 likes now lol. Up to 80 if they’re lucky.

1 Like

Oh I think I remember seeing you argue. Was this with venusaramani? (not sure if thats the exact name).

I could never argue for a day lol. Too annoying.
At that point, just walk away and ignore them.

2 Likes

holy god you made it to hong kong and back hahaha
speaking of which do you know if the lgbt megathread is still around?

1 Like

Yee its still going even

1 Like

I swear some people just use urban dictionary and search “argument words to look smart” and then just string everything into one post

3 Likes