"We need a Mercy!"

No. Because if that basic equipment were keeping her OP now, she would have been OP prior to the rework.

2 Likes

She was OP prior to rework, for 99% of the playerbase.

*Popular for 2/3rds, you mean.

If she was OP, we would have seen that in higher ranks, like we are now.

Why is 1% of the playerbase, the logical fig leaf you hide behind?

:thinking:

Because every OP hero has been a part of the meta, if they aren’t defining it by themselves.

You are once again equating general pickrate to actual power. I might remind you once again that Mercy had a higher general pickrate than Ana in season 3.

So your argument is back to “pickrates can’t shift in almost 2 months of time”?

How is this at all related to the above post?

Because there’s a good amount of time between June and August.

And because less than 2 months ago, Mercy was tied with Moira in pickrate.

But a shift like that is impossible, right?

Still not sure how this ties into this:

Every now and then I get asked to play Mercy, but it’s always due to Hanzo and Pharah. I’m a Mercy Main, but it’s a little boring to play her when I don’t want to, just because of that amp’d dragon grav combo.

So we’re back to arguing if Mercy isn’t OP unless she’s OP for 100% of the playerbase, huh? 99% isn’t good enough to be OP.

:thinking:

Once again:

And:

August and June.

Different times, different pickrates.

According to frandz that play the console style, they say Mercy was pretty much meta always and mass rez was a nightmare. Shrug.

Mass rez was a problematic trash ult that just gave people an adrenaline rush in mid tiers. It’s good it’s gone, and everyone needs to move on and look forward tbh. It’s sad that after all this time people still MASS REZ MASS REZ OMFG MASS REZ.

The last change was in February, and that was a buff. If it put Mercy in an OP spot, that would have been recognized immediately.

Like initial rework, for example.

The complaints about her being “OP” didn’t begin until 2 months after the latest change to or relative to her.

Ah, just like how Mercy pickrate would have “immediately” gone back to December levels after the January nerf?

:joy:

Recognized immediately by who? You surely can’t be referring to the forums or Blizzard. Both fail at immediately recognizing things to an amazing degree. Pro style? Mass rez will just be used to bring up Pharah. Like… Always.

They should be balancing consoles separately anyway, like they said they would in the first place.

Elaborate on that.

As most ults do (sorry, Symmetra).

But in low and high tiers it suddenly lost the adrenaline rush?

That’s an interesting assertion, being I sure as hell still had the adrenaline rush when using it properly.

Bringing mass rez back is a way of looking forward, because bringing back the 1.x version would be a hell of a lot more balanced and enjoyable than whatever we have now.

It’s sad that after all this time we still have this flaming garbage rework that has only served to cause problems.

There’s no recoil from a buff.

There’s zero learning curve from a buff, and zero learning curve from a “hey maybe Ana gets dived a lot”.

Really?

Is that why it took forever for Season5 Dva to become meta prior to Season5, despite receiving those buffs many months prior?