Using Visor is Cheating. Period

Etiquette demands I respect your request. Though it bugs me, I am inclined to accept your request as it was wished for politely.

That being said,

What gives you the authority to interpret the Terms of Service, End User License Agreement, or any other Blizzard legal document?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that I believe you to understand what it means in reference to your own interpretation. What gives you the expertise to define the meaning and apply this to other people who have also accepted these legal contractual interactions?

Using awkward phrasing doesn’t make your point valid. It doesn’t require any “authority” to read the contract and note that the rules on this topic are spelled out quite clearly.

Blizzard has 100% of the authority to act upon their legal documentation.

It was left vague on purpose so that Blizzard Entertainment can use the swift hammer of justice in a fluid manner to inflict punishment on those they deem deserving, without any other cause then “because we (Blizzard Entertainment) said so.”

When I read the legal documentation there is no clear definition of anything really. The vague language used leaves Blizzard to be the sole judge, jury, and executioner of any and every situation that arises.

We are all mere peasants to follow without question Blizzards mighty and divine judgement. When another peasant tells me that Blizzard shall smite thee for blaspheming against them, I question the validity of said prophet.

Your failure to understand the ToS that you agreed to is your problem, not ours.

If you’re going to keep trolling this thread, I wish you’d at least make it funny. This bit you’re doing here is just lame.

1 Like

Historically speaking, from my start as a consumer of Blizzard’s products in 2006, is far more accurate a depiction of the legal rules then the description given by the author of this thread.

Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh away.

That’s how it was in World of Warcraft, before and after Battlenet, and that’s how it is now, 3 additional IP’s later.

When people argue for Blizzard to take a stand on their own legal documentation, those that interpret it are wrong far more often then they are correct.

I apologize that my writing doesn’t speak to you personally. If it doesn’t oh well, then it wasn’t meant for you in the first place.

I do not prescribe to this “trolling” thing you are talking about. I simply disagree with what people are saying. Just like the word “toxic” I disavow any knowledge of these phrases as actual speech. I regard them more as slang terms of the uneducated.

Authority isnt required for interpretation. Interpretation is a mental process which no one can control besides you.

That being said, there was no interpretation of any documents. A definition of cheating was given by Blizzard which clearly encompasses what Visor is and does (or promises to do.

To Blizzard Visor is cheating de facto. There is no interpretation to be had. There is no ambiguity. Unless otherwise authorized, use of Visor is cheating.

There was no defining of any meaning. There was a definition given by Blizzard.

I am not applying anything. Whether you use aimbots or Visor or any other cheat is not my concern. I am just letting everyone know as a kind reminder that using Visor is cheating given the definition provided by Blizzard and which we all agreed to.

If you choose to use Visor regardless, that is your decision, however you do so knowing that if caught, you face account closure.

I don’t think it’s cheating… From my understanding it gains all of it’s info from the kill feed. If true, that makes it highly inaccurate for tracking ults.

This is the Hearthstone deck tracker argument all over again. Anything you can track yourself with a pen and paper isn’t cheating.

Does it help player that struggles to utilize the kill feed? Yes, but I have doubts it will make anyone drastically better.

The bottom line is for it to violate the terms of service this program would have to give a player something they don’t have access to already. A program with a live feed on enemy ult charge, seeing through walls or etc. Visor dosn’t do that. It gives you rough set of information without context from an in game source.

1 Like

You may not, but according to Blizzard it is.

Only Blizzard has publicly endorsed its use for Hearthstone.

Visor does more than provide estimates. It gives “actionable insight” which facilitates gameplay and constitutes cheating.

That is not the case. This is not stated as an exemption from Blizzard. They state that:

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality

Even if you have that information, it facilitates gamplay by streamlining it into “actionable insights”.

So do most aimbots that are undetectable by Blizzard.

EDIT: Also this just came up

You are attempting to clarify to those who either have not, or do not understand the (abridged term of all legal documentation) rules we all have to follow.

Case in point
Blizzard Entertainment versus Nostalrius

Blizzard was going to lose their copyright to other providers of a classic World of Warcraft server. Blizzard did not retain a working copy of their intellectual property therefore much like the advent of the MOBA genre Blizzard was going to lose revenue by inaction toward another entity.

But,

In Blizzards ToS, and EULA it was clearly stated this was against the rules. Blizzard was forced to send a “cease and desist” order to the Nostaltius developers to regain control of their intellectual property. To establish that it does not happen again, Blizzard will be creating a classic server. Not because they want to, but because they have to.

Because of this vague wording in their legal documentation another company almost undercut Blizzard, again, to create a product originally developed by Blizzard.

Not one person associated as a customer could counter this. No matter what our interpretation of the “law” Blizzard is the sole responsible party. They can and will change their stance on what they believe is for or against their Terms of Service/legal documentation.

For years Blizzard made the statement that they would not/never establish a classic server…until they decided they will.

What you seem to be doing is attempting to “enlighten” people about rules you have interpreted that the rest of us should just follow. History, as far as I have been involved with is as I previously stated. Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh away. They decide what is applicable to their legal rules, not us.

The ambiguity comes into play when you, Link, make a determination via your reading and understanding of a document. Versus my reading and understanding of the documentation. Historically my understanding, from the perspective of Blizzards past choices, seems to hold true that we will not know what anything is, cheating or otherwise, until Blizzard says so.

Maybe they will just ban everyone from using Visor.gg without a word. Maybe they won’t. Under the past examples of what Blizzard has and has not done, and the understanding I have that Blizzard does whatever they want to do, Visor.gg will remain in cheating limbo until Blizzard lets us know what it is. Even if you think you are reading the letter of the law, Blizzard gets to be the last word, regardless if it goes against what they have said or written in the past.

Once again, there was no interpretation. Only statements made by Blizzard in regard to cheating.

However, according to Blizzard, we do know. We know that unless expressly authorized by them, methods to facilitate gameplay via 3rd party is cheating. That would encompass Visor.

Correct. And as of right now, Visor IS cheating by their definition. If they decide at some point that it is not and expressly authorize Visor, then by their own definition, it is not cheating.

EDIT: Now we do have an official statement.

Someone posted a response regarding an official statement by Blizzard which states they do not authorize the use of 3rd party devices when questioned regarding the use of Visor.

Are you saying history be damned?

Blizzard has often reversed things without notice and for no reason at all, but they won’t on Visor (in the event they determine it is cheating)?

That isn’t proof. I could do the same thing and make it look like the customer service agent told me it was okay to use Visor.

Step 1. Take and old ticket, or create a new one and link picture
Step 2. Write an email to myself reciting what my make believe customer service agent wrote.
Step 3. Post it in the forums.

Edit: Posting customer service response is against the Code of Conduct. Let me guess, this type of behavior we will let slide right? It generates invalidated “proof” of Blizzard’s stance against Visor.gg so even though they should be punished Blizzard should ignore their own legal documentation.

Edit 2: Now I have to search for the post some random player made previously in the last 7 days regarding their ticket and was told by Blizzard customer service (I did not take this as proof either) said it was okay to use Visor.gg.

Nothing is stopping you from opening a ticket…right now.

I am making a ticket right now to them to see if I get a similar response and posting it.

However, by your response, it seems that you suffer from a confirmation bias and no matter what evidence I provide, you will continue to disregard information that goes against what you believe and validate information that confirms your beliefs.

So he could do what he said? In fact, if he does then he literally just played himself. If he does that, he could literally be doing what he said.

Well, one of them must be lying. Care to make a wager as to which one?

So, under what would you classify me as now? I didn’t take the word of either as conformation for or against the use of Visor.gg.

They haven’t said anything about it yet so this is a false statement…

For the reasons I already covered.

Deck trackers in hearthstone do the exact same thing and that’s not considered cheating.

Again the same thing applies to Hearthstone deck trackers and Blizzard has said they are not cheating. You could argue that Visor doesn’t even give you as accurate info as a HS deck tracker does.

Aim bots are a mod to increase accuracy through a program. Aim bots are completely different to Visor.

1 Like

There are two things you can take from this thread.

1. Visor is cheating

2. People don’t read the ToS and CoC before they play games.

It’s astounding how many people have no clue what the ToS are and then start grasping straws that having eyes is cheating…

there are two things that can be taken from this post

1. They are not blizzard nor do they speak for them
  2. ToS has two small anti-loop holes the first in you can be banned for literally no reason and the other is being banned for a 3rd party program regardless if it does anything or not.
1 Like

These two facts don’t seem to register for people who want to shut down something they don’t understand.

Your incite was valuable and definitely a great contribution to this thread.

They dont have to. It is de facto cheating. They clearly state that it is cheating unless expressly authorized.

Actually, Visor gives “actionable insight” which facilitates gameplay. It takes it a step further.

Only they expressly authorized deck trackers and not Visor. Therefore, Visor is cheating unless they authorize it.

Nor did I claim to be. It also doesnt negate my friendly reminder that it is cheating.

Actually, that is from the End User License Agreement and not the ToS
EXACTLY my point. It is considered cheating unless otherwise stated.

Blizzard would be on shaky ground if Visor were banned. Blizzard doesn’t own the Windows desktop, its rendering APIs, nor the display drivers.

While I’d never install Visor, it essentially takes screenshots of a players Windows desktop and processes it.