Using Visor is Cheating. Period

This is Blizzards definition of cheating:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;

hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Whether we agree with it or not is irrelevant. By playing this game you already agree that you both read the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement and agree to abide by the rules.

The only exceptions occur when - as stated by Blizzard - the specific cheat, bot, hack, or code is expressly authorized by Blizzard.

Until then, use of Visor is cheating and anyone who uses it already knows they are cheating (unless of course you didn’t read the Terms of Service or End User License Agreement like you are supposed to which in that case you dug your own grave).

EDIT: An official response from Blizzard in this post

107 Likes

How will they catch if you are using it or not is the real question though. I agree, it is cheating though.

8 Likes

well i don’t think Visor is considered cheating currently , as blizzard didn’t say anything about the thing… nobody knows if they approve the software or not yet

6 Likes

That’s what I want to know. But whether or not they catch them doesn’t change the fact that according to Blizzard, it is cheating.

3 Likes

Blizzard won’t say anything for a long while, they are too lazy, and most of the focus is making more skins for micro transactions and OWL right now.

9 Likes

it will remain in a gray zone then , it doesn’t trigger the anti-cheat nor give you any extreme advantage , tbh i don’t think they consider it cheating

1 Like

The only way to find it is when Someone is telling you then Report them as cheater.

When Blizzard states that its cheating they can find it with the source Code.

Did you read the post?

It is clear that any 3rd party usage to facilitate gameplay is cheating unless authorized by Blizzard.

It is not “allowed unless we say it is not allowed”.

De facto it is cheating unless the authorize not “it isnt cheating unless they say it is”.

11 Likes

You and your spammy textwalls. Everyone who knows about Visor has seen this dozens of times in the last week. You should post it a dozen more times to be sure though lol.

3 Likes

I thought you meant tactical visor at first. Because it’s an aim assist.

17 Likes

Well then why their anti-cheat didn’t start banning it ? i think they are working on authorizing it , cause if they would consider it cheating players using it should’ve been already banned

1 Like

Thought you was referring to tactical visor

10 Likes

Same reason a lot of aim bots aren’t being banned. They aren’t transparent with how that works so we don’t really know. The only thing we have as a basis factually is their official statement which makes it clear that using Visor is cheating until it is authorized.

2 Likes

Speeding doesn’t become legal just because you haven’t been ticketed yet.

7 Likes

Nah, nothing is illegal unless you get caught. Philosophical differences.

3 Likes

The program is out for a few days now and there was a lot of community talking about it , by this time they had time to decompile it and insert the source code into the anti-cheat.

Well maybe they need more time to think about it
Maybe they are talking with the Maker’s of Visor to just remove the featurs that are overall bad leave them time

2 Likes

Solution:

• Blizz hires VIsor.gg dev

• Blizz adds new matchmaking training mode that uses an updated VIsor.gg as a an optional training element.

• Blizz creates a block code that prevents the original Visor.gg from working with the game

Win win win

6 Likes

Sounds good.

Visor doesn’t do anything you listed.

Bot? no, Visor doesn’t automate any control of the game.
Hack? no, Visor doesn’t modify any game files at all.

If Visor is banned then Blizzard also has to ban all recording software like OBS, Shadowplay and the like. They all work the same.

11 Likes