Upcoming support patch. Anyone else terrified?

Yeah. The only reason that she was played in Gravdravon was the “bug” that allowed her to damage boost dragons so they could kill through Trans. The second that got nerfed, she started losing ground to Ana.

12 Likes

I hope the buffs come for mercy so she can actually see a place in certain metas other than pocketing a pharra

If she had 60hps back, her role in dive would come back and we’d see her played more in those compositions after she was basically replaced by Brig

11 Likes

Symm as a whole was removed and reworked into a dps cause she wasn’t doing great in the first place, same for torb. It wasn’t because they were afraid of the stackings.

If her armor is nerfed to 25 they’re gonna belong in the same niche cause 25 armor is USELESS.

I know you’re a mercy main and you hate tracers and genjis but nerfing brig isn’t the way plus genji isn’t that played lately.

Between the matchmaking and the catering to crybabies, I’m probably done with this game before the year is over.

2 Likes

Its better to over complicate it and have a more balanced environment than a busted game where burst damage and one shots become must pick.

1 Like

Burst damage only became a must pick after Hanzo was reworked and Brig was introduced into the game

Falcon explains it well here

1 Like

Realistically here’s what will happen:

Moira damage orb will be removed and or have its damage nerfed to where it’s pointless to use at all.
Moira self heal reduced or removed.
Fade CD now 8 seconds
Beam hitbox shrunken to 0 charge Zarya levels and now does 40 DPS. Healing spray nerfed to 50 HPS.

This will probably gut Moira for most but Blizzard only balances in the context of making something easier to win against, which usually just ends up in that hero being a soft throw pick. So enjoy Moira mains.

Ana will get maybe a slight nerf

Brig will get a power shift

Zen and Lucio will get nothing.

Baptiste will probably get his gun buffs back.

That’s it. Don’t expect anything meaningful for what it feels like to play those heroes.

It will only affect Moira players the most.

3 Likes

I am terrified too. And I refuse to even get slightly excited until I see it. I’m afraid of over buffing and ineffective nerfs. Or nerfs that don’t actually address issues and feel “slapped on for the sake of needing something”. I am also afraid of over nerfs.

1 Like

The community saying “nty” has killed a few changes in Experimental.
Which is why I’m hoping it’ll be an Experimental card vs a PTR patch.
Experimental = no commitment on their part, we can voice opinions
PTR = at best you can lessen the devastation

Plus they can no longer afford to drive people off unfavorable roles, with both D.Va and Mercy the major shifts in their play were pre-2/2/2, and the devastating blow they dealt was mitigated by those players being non-essential. The game would still be playable if the only people left were hardcore DPS only players. Now it’s flat not.

The devs need to do their best to retain and grow the Tank and Support playerbase, because if they drive too many away? They’ve dealt a fatal blow. It doesn’t matter if you have a million players in Plat if only 30 are Tanks/Supports you can only have 6 Plat games live at once. As such I’m hopeful that even if it is a PTR change they’re more willing to change it should there be outcry.

I’m certain we’ll see some people crying no matter what, but I’m hopeful nonetheless. Despair will grant me nothing, but hope at least will give me something to hold on to.

1 Like

I’m very nervous that they are going to gut ana and moira like they did to most of the other supports. Whenever they do that, they tend to not fix them for a while. I would rather ana’s nade not get touched. I don’t want her turned into another healbot like bap was.

1 Like

Drazan was replying to someone who wanted 60hps AND cast time reduction in rez AND valk buffs.

She’d be OP with all that.

2 Likes

I have so little faith in developers that if they revert Mercy’s heal to 60 HP’s, they will conveniently forget to remove the compensation buff to her Ult charge meter…

… And then people will start complaining that Mercy is getting her Ult to fast and start demanding nerfs again!

I think Ana should be left alone (maybe give a bit more counterplay to her nade - I like the suggestion to allow health packs to remove the anti-heal effect) and the other supports adjusted to make them viable against Ana in the upper ranks, but I am expecting another disaster of support balancing like that patch 2 years ago.

2 Likes

supports have always been good except when like mercy was a must pick

The only problem with mercy is people want her beam to give dps the ability to face tank burst damage which is not what she needs.

1 Like

Don’t worry Valorant is helping them fix their game by giving their top players what they want. This way blizz can continue to burn yo their player base with terrible choices.

2 Likes

Honestly I think supports are probably one of the more balanced right now. That’s not saying there’s not room for improvement (hell, there always will be in this format of game) but a lot of the support roster has been viable for a bit now.

I’m more interested to see what they do with tanks and barriers. That’s #1 issue in this game by far to me.

2 Likes

I’m down to try out some support changes.

They are going to screw this up as always. And you’ll have people complaining anyway. Ho-hum patches get freakin’ old man.

Time to put Deep Impact into the VCR and prepare for some Elijah Wood.

Nah, Moira’s pretty screwed. Nobody likes her except Moira players. Tanks want an Ana and DPS hate playing into her.

1 Like