Unable to play while suspended or banned - Lucioball

prntscr com/kgrej9

Anyone else have this problem due to be banned the previous season? I think they should be erased and for us allowed to play.

12 Likes

Very important questions that I need precise answers for as I am reporting this to Blizzard. Are you banned from the current MAIN competitive season (Season 11) or are you permanently banned? Also how many season bans do you have on record?

1 Like

I am not banned from season 11 - I am playing perfectly fine. I believe the last time I was banned was in season 5 which was probably the 1st time lucioball came out.

Thank you that is helpful information. I recommend if you can click the pencil icon in your starting post and change the category from General Discussion to Bug Report.

Done thank you for your help

Same here. My current ranked isnt banned.

1 Like

Same here i would really like to see this fixed cause my friends arnt banned but i am

1 Like

I had the same bug also on last years lucio ball. I got suspended due to pc problems that resulted in crashing the game i had no intention to leave any games ever. Its really frustrating because i looked forward to copa lucioball all year long

1 Like

Thank you WyomingMist, it seems everyone who got banned in season 5 was banned from the first season of lucioball, for obvious reasons, but the ban then carried on to the next season.

Thanks everyone for pooling this information. I did get a response so far and keep reporting it here in the bug forum. So at least the customer support team is aware of it and that should perk the attention of the Q.A. team (who runs this forum). I am hopeful any ban locks will be lifted within a reasonable amount of time.

3 Likes

Just when you think the event can’t get worse.

1 Like

i have the same problem, i got suspended from the last lucioball due to disconnects because of unstable connection and it says im suspended or banned just for update the game, i think is a bug but maybye i got banned from lucioball just for disconnects ?Âż

Had the same problem, hopeful your report will be noticed

Same for me. Was banned last season for leaving too many games, and now I cant play it

Same for me. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

1 Like

WyomingMyst, How long do you think it will take, will there be a new patch unbanning people from copa lucio ball due to this bug?

Thanks for reading the forms and contacting the rest of the Team

same here really wanted to play lucio ball with my friends.

Unfortunately, I cannot say. However this reminds me of the bug back between season 4 and 5 (when I first became a forum MVP) when players who happened to be suspended (but not banned) at the time season 4 ended failed to receive their end-of-season rewards. Dozens of players reported the problem at the time and it was very transparent there was such an issue. So I tried to do everything to bring exposure of the problem.

Unfortunately this is in the hands of the Overwatch development team and Blizzard quality assurance team, and not Blizzard’s game masters and customer service team (whom I reach out to). Just as a reminder, in the bug report forum, they read the posts quite throughly, but usually won’t respond unless more information is needed from us.

This issue is important for me (even though I am not affected as I was NOT banned in 2017) because while I firmly believe in the enforcement of suspensions and bans in Competitive Overwatch, this issue clearly shows something is not working per the rules of Competitive Play.

I am having this problem as well! Hopefully it can get fixed soon. Thanks WyomingMyst for gathering info.

Same problem here, and shout out again to WyomingMyst for figuring this out. Just hope the problem can be resolved relatively shortly.