Ultra extreme low quality matchmaking

Yeah don’t waste your time. You won’t believe some of the backwards nonsensical things this person believes. Either that or they’re just trolling.

1 Like

I’ve known Zax a long time (probably the 1st person I met on the forums). Haven’t really been following your conversations but its pretty clear you guys are just at a misunderstanding.

Him stating

is likely a shorthand response

1 Like

It’s definitely a misunderstanding, keep in mind, English is not Zax’ first language (not even sure if it’s a second, probably third/fourth).

2 Likes

The moment you challenge his viewpoints and he has no logical response, he’ll start to personally attack and strawman you so I can’t blame you.

So let me get this straight. Somebody completely misunderstands what I’m saying, blocks me after claiming I said something that I said literally the opposite of, wasn’t even saying anything all that wrong so wasn’t challenging anything, just using the terms backwards, and you two both want to dogpile on contributing nothing to the conversation that you waltzed into except personal attacks.

Meanwhile, there’s another conversation where we appear to have actually resolved a misunderstanding, showing that I at least am capable of actually listening and reading and trying to understand.

But it’s me who is doing the personal attacks and straw-manning? Not you two, who have personal attacks in the quotes here?

Bros. C’mon.

Trensharo has some wise words for the both of you.

2 Likes

Yes. Just one example among many here:

Won’t respond to you further since you’ll most likely just resort to more personal attacks/strawman.

Blah Blah Blah, “I am a fan boi who’s self worth is tied to a game so can not fathom that my being good is not really tied to a true system of matchmaking, which is why I play what is considered by every other game designer as the most flawed system of matchmaking to ever exist (to the point they advertising as not being OW Mathmaking as a tagline)” . I fixed that for ya. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Still salty about something from days ago?

:skull: :skull: :skull:

Stick to the contents of this thread instead of bringing up a strawman.

3 Likes

He cant, he never has anything valuable to add to any discussion. The only thing he does is policing the people that dont share his opinion whilst ignoring/approving the same behaviour of the people that do share it.

4 Likes

So you’re okay with putting a handicap on Usain Bolt just because he’s the best of the best and no one can beat him!? How is THAT fair? It’s not.

The ONLY THING that has to be “fair” are the RULES of the game/match/competition that EVERY player/athlete is subjugated to. If the player/athlete’s skill, on the other hand, SUPERCEDES that of their competitors, then SO BE IT! Congratulations to Usain Bolt for being the BEST OF THE BEST and may he glory in the fact that NO ONE can defeat him.

Competition is meant for ONE thing only: to determine WHO IS THE BEST on the same level PLAYING FIELD, whereas, the playing field must be fair and balanced, WHEREAS, fairness has NOTHING to do with a player/athlete’s skill and ability BECAUSE competition is mean to determine WHO IS the best.

1 Like

Well said, 100% agreed!

MMR should NOT be in Competitive, full stop.

:pouting_cat:

The only ignorant statement is you claiming:

And you don’t think I have?

2100 SR to 4,3k on Tank and Support while 2100 SR to 3,7k on DPS.

He literally demonstrated it two posts below! xD

Give this man a medal for most useless contribution to a thread.

So basically you said that the system rewards people who are lazy but at the same time you cimbed with hard work?
In the same system?
so it does reward hard work too right? Otherwise you wouldn’t have climbed.

How to destroy their own argument in two posts…

You use this Olympics example a lot: do you know what’s Olypmics in sports? It’s like Overwatch League in Overwatch.

If you got to the Olympics you already had to climb your way through regional and national leagues/tournaments.

If you’re in the Olympics you already grinded your way through “the ladder” of irl sports.

It’s like being in GM or in OWL, you had to be better than everyone else to even get a chance to be there.
They don’t put 13 y/o kids against Bolt.

But this seems really difficult to grasp for “The Riggers”. xD

4 Likes

Yes but Overwatch League doesn’t use Overwatch Matchmaking, if it did it would be better because it would prevent unfair matches from being played. In order to find out who the best teams are, they must play against equally matched teams so that it’s fair. Right now OWL allows teams to play anyone which is ridiculous because some teams are better than others.

1 Like

You’ve literally lost your marbles.

2 Likes

OWL allows any team to play any team in a round robin fashion which is absurd because the teams are almost always unfairly matched up. The teams have to be evenly matched to even tell who is better.

2 Likes

i never implied that i thought that at all.

we’ll have to agree to disagree. I stand by what I said because only whiners and complainers are the ones that btch about such things as fairness in real competition just because there are others that are just simply better than them. You don’t hear the best of the best athletes doing that. they do the exact opposite. That’s why they win.

No i did not “basically” say that at all. Read the context of my reply first and you’ll destroy your own response quite easily.

What’s useless about a truthful statement in the context and realm of competition? Whining and complaining are the true culprits of ill-performance decision making capabilities. What i said is true. it is true, not just within OW, but in all performance engaging activities. Useless thread? you’re funny. Your reply is what’s useless and, also, unsubstantial.

1 Like

I’ve already blocked him. I have little patience for that, these days.

2 Likes

Well, when you have teams that can hoard tons of talent and have them sitting on the bench for 90% of the season… what do you expect?

OWL needs to address that, as it’s actually a contributing factor in holding back team parity and creating these huge disparities.

This all feels like incrediblly bad league structure and management.

What you have to realize about hulk is he’s kinda like an angry baby. You sit him in time-out and ignore him and all of a sudden things get quiet.

He literally has an entire channel in his discord where he screencaps everything mean someone’s said to him on the forums.

In short: he’ll never forgive you. His children’s children’s children will seek the families revenge a millennia from now. And you’ll know (from beyond the grave) the debt is paid, all because you dropped a couple of logic bombs and “mad cuz garbage” one-liners on him :rofl::rofl:

Hypocrisy is amazing, isn’t it? :rofl:

4 Likes