This is the worst this forum has ever been

It honestly makes me happy to hear it!

3 Likes

Nah
fr it just encourages bumping threads with low effort flames

My positive thread about Battlepasses seems fine: The BP is going to be FUN! - #66 by Sushi-31236

shrugs :thinking:

Maybe it’s Bliz plan all along to amass anger and toxicity from everyone to summon the dark god of money.

Not really. I don’t expect anything less from official game forums. And I’m not just saying that as a “this community is toxic I’m used to it” type of way - I’ve lurked on lots of forums over the years and I’ve observed they’ve a tendency to attract toxicity or at the very least subtle snark and superiority. Something about the format just brings a different side out of people. Tho, this forum is a bit unique compared to other forum cultures I’ve seen because people treat this one a lot more like social media. I don’t really know why. Maybe it’s because there’s no “off topic” forum to draw away hypercasual conversation? Idk

The doom and gloom stuff doesn’t really get to me. The way I look at it: The type of person that gets this worked up over speculation (especially that born of such little details) is the type of person who’s going to 180 and silently come right back if things turns out fine. They’re easy to sway.

I’ve waited a lot longer for game studios that have communicated a lot less. This is nothing to me. :smirk:

1 Like

This thread made me look up an old one. Looks like it’s still here :sweat_smile:

shoot i cant keep track of how often ive been called a shill for Overwatch 1…

nothings changed…the forums are supposed to be a place for the community to discuss overwatch…but lets be honest…they have always been mostly used as a place to lodge complaints…they have an enormous negative bias and positivity is generally frowned upon…my most liked posts of all time have all been when i bash blizz (its not a coincidence)

that doesnt mean it isnt actually unwarranted from time to time…i dont believe in name calling…but there are some things that should not be praised…predatory monitization SHOULD be one of them imho

1 Like

I’m not really upset about OW2 or it’s BP. I’ve really only ever asked for a single thing.

Ive only ever wanted Blizzard to fix technical issues that frequently cause things to break down in game. If you want 2.5 metric Gigaovershares worth of details just let me know.

Neither this BP controversy, nor all the balance controversies of the past, seem as important.

I’ll be honest. This is the most fun I’ve had reading the forums in a while. I’m proud of you guys.

2 Likes

The problem is the complete lack of moderation here.

Devolving into insults used to result in a suspension. Not anymore, apparently.

People have realised that these forums are (for the purposes of actual, useful discussion) unmoderated. And so they act accordingly.

5 Likes

I was about to make a similar thread last night but stopped myself.

This isn’t the forums fault. This is just how gamers tend to act. Doesn’t matter the game, doesn’t matter the medium. It’s always insults and name calling to dismiss people and put them down.

It’s also just how people act. Putting people into boxes, like “shill” or “doomer”, to make it easier to dismiss them.

There were definitely worse times on these forums though, the Cowboy name change was probably the worst.

2 Likes

Man richc, that fake as hell persona dropped quickly when people started to question it. Mask gone, real toxic garbage beneath seeped out.

Yeah, I remember the days where the tiniest thing would get you a week timeout. We need that back.

I almost didn’t make this thread. I typed it out and sat on it for a while.

Yeah, people really outed themselves during that.

3 Likes

I made a similar thread weeks ago.

3 Likes

It is sad and I am trying not to be so quick to state certain things but it’s hard.

I want to be excited like some people are but I don’t really know how to be either, I don’t have the time or money to keep up and the monetization makes it impossible to even try to do so when it comes to OW2. I feel I have every right to dislike it all since it is going to be taking away too much in my eyes.

And generally, people’s reply to me not having enough time or money is to just leave which is equally as awful to hear if not worse than just being called a shill or a doomer. OW used to be for everyone, I don’t know why we would not want to preserve that.

Heh, I didn’t see that thread because I took a break from the forums then because of the exact behavior in that post lol.

Honestly the decisions Blizzard has made this time is excessively divisive, changing a game where all characters, modes, and maps are free. To a system where you have to unlock/pay for them was bound to cause this level of hatred. Honestly the only thing that surprises me is people that stick up for this some how seem to be confused they are being hated on.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the “forum celebs.” Wasn’t a fan of any of them. Bootloxes was cool though.

Here’s the thing. I actually am upset about the BP.

I even talked about it long before it became relevant again due to the hero component because battlepasses in general aren’t something I like.

But honestly… The current discourse really turned me away from wanting to discuss it much.

I think everyone should take a few steps back and a few deep breaths.

1 Like

The only way to get blizzard to alter course, which is a long shot anyways, is for us to make a big enough ruckus that they think it will effect the bottom line.

If heroes are no longer on battlepasses, the people who play OW2 win.

3 Likes