The term "throwing" is losing the original meaning

Thats the new cReAtIvItY in a jailed system.

Easily abused, and people are subject to groupthink and just wrong concenssus.

You’re also part of the false report problem. DPS supporst completely win games right now (>70%) in this jailed 222.

I really think the standard of throwing should drop the lower in rank you get. Where I play (at <500sr) people spam report me for throwing. How am I throwing when I’m literally in the bottom1% of skill? If I suddenly melt a team as sym then I’m sabotaging (smurfing)? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Logged in today and got multiple report warnings for sabotage despite being at literally the same rank no matter what for years. My theory? I played brigette.

This.

1 Like

For someone like you who openly brag about breaking the rules, yes, you deserve the maximum punishment.

Until they are revised, they are still in effect.

Yep!

I just wanted to know what the community’s opinion on this is though because people are accusing each other of throwing all the time in-game and I think it’s important to know what throwing is or should be.

“Throwing” is being used exactly according to the meaning.
What people fail to understand is that -ing makes it a progressive verb and not permanent. One can be throwing, but not throw. This also means, of course, that two people on the same team can both be throwing, but only one can throw.

Not bragging, just discussing my interpretation. I dont know why you are wishing ill on me :,c big meanie. Regardless of the rules, do you think playing a junk/reaper into widow/phara is throwing? Especially when you/they are playing walking simulator, effectively doing nothing and all because they refuse to swap.

Blizzard said unconditionally that character choice and refusing to switch is not throwing and I agree with them.

If you said you see it as throwing, fine, you can think whatever you want. But you said you report it as throwing, then you’re in the wrong and false reporting is a bannable offense per Jeff.

Except this doesn’t actually make sense. If you have a Rein player who charges, but his charges miss (For whatever reason) and he goes flying off cliffs a lot. Is that throwing? I’d say no. He’s probably an idiot for doing a lot, but if you can see he’s aiming for someone but missing often, that’s not really throwing. He’s just awful. At that point I would suggest him to make a custom game and practice those charges on “dummies”, but I wouldn’t label him a thrower. If he gets all uppity, then maybe toss a report his way.

But someone doing nothing but throwing themselves off ledges? That’s reportable and is throwing, because that is intentional. You can’t unintentionally fall off a map over and over without having done something else, like shooting at an enemy, or use abilities. Unless you were intentionally jumping off with no other actions taken.

I meant intentionally jumping off the map. Like going to the edge and jumping off. Not charging off.

I don’t understand how this shows that the sniper is under tuned. Thanks

Words gain new meanings, new ones are formed, and some are lost. That’s just the way language evolves naturally, there’s nothing abnormal about this.

“Clearly, evolution has not distributed it’s gifts equally.” - Moira

I hope you stay out of competitive. I find your mindest to be gross. You think its ok to go into competitive and play walking simulator because you refuse to swap, thereby losing the game for your 5 teamates. That is so selfish and not competitive. You also think its ok to ban my preorder account for a difference in interpretation of a rule that is in the midst of evolving within the current changes. Pathetic. I feel like anyone with a shred of commen sense can see that promoting this bad behaviour is not healthy for anyone in competitive.

Thats cuz people use it every time they lose.

I always find it amusing when people scream that someone is throwing when the person is just not that good haha. Let people be people. Everyone makes mistakes. Hell, there are games where everyone plays poorly for one reason or another. I know after playing a couple hours straight, my game play is not as solid and I am more prone to mistakes. In those scenarios, I want to keep playing because I enjoy the game even though I am not at 100% in terms of game play. Is that throwing since I know that? Naw. I am still trying to win.

People need to chill and let others improve. The amount of butt hurt in games is crazy in OW. Sometimes it makes me want to go back to starcraft 2 where it is 1v1 and no worries about other people.

I don’t want you banned for your false interpretation. I want you banned for your action based on your false interpretation. Preordering something doesn’t give you any more privilege beyond what Blizzard has provided, which is a few skins and early access. And it definitely doesn’t give you the right to break the rules.

The rules explicitly says, unconditionally, refusing to swap is not gameplay sabotage. Reporting someone for refusing to swap is a false report, and false reporting is a bannable offense. You are allowed to disagree with the rules, but you are not allowed to ignore or break the rules.

The only person selfish here is you for thinking your personal beliefs is the only correct one, and that others should obey your personal ideals despite it being the opposite of the owner of the platform that you are using.

The meaning of words is flexible. It is not set in stone. The traditional meaning of throwing is intentionally giving up, yes, but it has evolved to mean different things as well. Anything that vastly decreases the team’s chances to win even if done unintentionally can be considered “throwing”.

I mean, it makes sense. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I don’t care if a player is doing something intentionally or not; if they are making a choice that radically decreases my team’s chances to win, they are throwing to me. No excuses. This includes things like insisting on picking Wrecking Ball when there’s Mei, or picking Zarya when the other tank picked D.va.

I don’t think it is reportable necessarily, but I call this throwing.

Because the people playing the sniper class were typically extremely skilled, and could do better on any other class.

but that doesn’t mean the sniper is under tuned. if you buff the sniper then it’ll be OP. who cares if the low ranks can’t player the sniper?

That is a really good question.

Since anyone who played the sniper could do better on other classes, we always assumed the sniper was under tuned, but, we lived with that because we got consistent win rates.

What we should have done was make all heroes have abilities which were useful for bad layers, medium players and really good players.

Pharah is a good example. Low ranked people can’t use concussion as a self movement ability really well.

So you have a way of buffing her for high ranked play, without effecting the low ranks by changing how that’s works.

By giving each hero abilities which were good at different ranks. we would have been able to tune each hero to be good at ranks.

We didn’t, and overwatch didn’t. And I regret us not doing it, and I’m pretty sure the overwatch team also refers not doing it.

I don’t agree. I think balance should be tuned around high level play. How to Perfectly Balance the Game

If this creates 6 must picks from GM to Bronze, I wouldn’t care. (FYI, I don’t think it would) It might create 6 must picks for Bronze though.

You can’t make a peewee league on the internet, because there’s no way to ensure that only 9 year olds are playing the game, ya know?

No you miss the point.

Each hero has a good ability at low, medium and high ranks.

Now you can tunes each hero so it is good across the board. You don’t give up bring able to tune at some ranks for the ability to tune for others.