The term "throwing" is losing the original meaning

So brig being used in a dps slot is technically game play sabotage. Better report the entire OWL roster. Lul.

OWL is played by organized teams who knows what they are doing, not by randoms who just met each other.

Some hero’s are just so poorly designed they do not have a hard set of ways to play.

Brig was so busted she was better as a dps. Why try and heal someone when you can just do the dps job for them.

Moira is sometimes a better hit scab against pharah than mecree and soldier why pick a hit scan that is not meta when you can have your Moira tickle the Phara to keep her away?

Hog is most times a better play maker than your flankers. Hog literally brings someone out of position.

Ball literally is not played like a tank at all. Your job is not to soak damage but to just disrupt and then leave. That doesn’t sound like a tanks duty. But it’s Hammond’s.

Do you get it now?

You can do both dps and heal as Brigitte. You are not being efficient if you do only 1 thing.
Why pick healer if not going to heal?

The real definition is better and one I try to stick with. I don’t like the whining and overpolicing of behavior that the latter definition encourages.

good job ignoring the whole point of the message.

I haven’t ignored anything. Don’t act like people don’t know what to expect from the character.

Don’t act like the hero’s dont have multi roles or the devs have really vague lines around where there jobs stop and another hero’s job is.

I’m with the OP.

Being bad at the game, and that doesn’t just include mechanically.
It also includes not understanding team comps, maps/positioning, how to use abilities and ults isn’t throwing.

It’s poor play, and refusing to switch makes them bad teammates.

But again, being a bad teammate or not understanding the game isn’t throwing.

Ok, lets go with your logic then. The old Brigitte is a tank/healer hybrid.
if you are not doing both, that means you are throwing.

Actually that was your logic. I was stating poor design is what broke roles of a hero with hybrid roles of a hero.

That is not an excuse for not to healing, dpsing, tanking or whatever.

If your tanks aren’t picking Orisa/Sigma in every game, report them.

Had a game where I was doing ok. K/d ratio was meh but I was literally trying my hardest tobshield for these guys and protect them from sym turrents. Had a guy ask me to switch and I did proceeded to private message me saying I fed and three on purpose because I had a ok game we lost.

The flaw with that logic is that people have different expectations of how a hero should be used.

I agree. But she was designed so poorly she was a better brawler than healer. I don’t blame people who played her like that.

I was just using “preorder” as an indicator of the time associated with it lol

I look at the entire paragraph, not just one line. I also take into consideration the introduction of 2-2-2

No. I came here to have a conversation. Thats why i asked your opinion concerning the rules. We disagreed. You said that it is ok to get countered in competitive and die repetitively. I find that to be a gross mentality for competitive but i dont think i actually said that youre wrong and have to follow “my way or the highway”. Which you literally did to me with “bAn tHe acCoUNt”

I always just assumed its ow players being toxic to one another
even in non-english VCs i hear people saying the equivelant of “He’s throwing!!” on every single thing. even on players who are just bad at the game. (just yesterday i was playing with a rein that was visibly new and otherwise quite nice being called a “thrower”).
ow is just a toxic game. admidittly if this usage trend continues its very likely it actually will get the new meaning :stuck_out_tongue: