The problem with Symmetra, rework her or not?

Please… I did read your thread twice now just cause you told me to & will still say that that these hero ‘‘x’’ isnt gonna get reworked cause even the man himself aka Jeff said so.

Also there was a reason that Sym was reworked to be dps hero cause she IS dps. Not support hero.

I know, I saw the 2.0 version. Even though she can provide massive utility for her team, she has a massive damage output for a support. Her turrets and fires is just too dps-like for a support, that’s why I think her kit is rather contradictive.

So we are all talk about Symmetra and if she will get a rework, or just simply some buffs.
I just thought about few ideas i had and want to show them also to you guys.
Please read all this and tell me your opinion after that :slight_smile:

Symmetra will be a support hero again in the version i just thought about.

Her primary fire is just like it is now, but instead an ammo usage of 7 per second she will only consume 5 per second with max Ammo of 70 (like it is now)
Her damage will be lower than right now: 70 basic damage -> increased up to 100 damage per second if charged.

Like that she will still deal a lot of damage, can be active in battle while also provide plenty of utility with the rest of her kit.

I gave her in my little thoughts a passive which grants allies within range of 15 (or 20) meters extra barrier based HP in cases she attacks enemy barriers.
Like that she can absolutly be a huge help for any other teammate who is simply a glas cannon like Mercy or Ana - or even herself get’s much “tankier”
I would say the maximum of those extra HP would take 50 barrier based HP so it can’t be too strong in cases.

Her alternative fire is instead those bombs she is firing right now:
She can automatically track an ally who she provides those max. 50 extra barrier based HP to repair this.
In such a case she has kind of a heal and i thought scorewise it could count as healing.

Her first ability was always those turrets, but i thought she could get something completly else, so i call this ability “photonical purification”
In cases you get cc’d (stunned, freezed, slowed, …) you can clear those with this little beatuy.

She still got her teleport, i just don’t think i should take anything else for it. But like we all said: it needs a bit more love

And her ultimate can still be Photon Barrier but i would say it shouldn’t split the whole map into 2 (in cases you dont like that thought just keep in mind i dont had any special plans for this ultimate skill!)

I think if she would get a kit which would be like that she could be a support for sure again

1 Like

I am completely agree with you. But for the secondary fire, she uses her ammo to keep providing an ally a shield so that it will be more consistent and more active instead of giving 50 shields kind of like Brigitte armor pack.

And about the cleansing effect I do think that this game needs that kind of hero. Symmetra would be a nice addition for it, but this cleansing can also be used for a new hero at any time sooner or later. If they ever rework Symmetra again, this would be a lovely addition for her.

But I highly doubt they will ever remove the turrets… As much as I loved it, it what makes her so awkward right now. Her turrets and tp is the base core for her, it’s exist right from the very first design for Overwatch. Symmetra has always possess these abilities, they are basically the “Resurrect” of Symmetra, an iconic ability.

Though if she ever gets a rework or a buff the shield aura is a must for her. Or at least make her hp 250 or she can self-regen her shield every time she hits a barrier (or maybe even someone) or both. And, please give tp more love. Make it appear right below her for more consistency (and to get out of grav as a team).

1 Like

i guess if she would get shield HP back while attacking enemies would be too powerfull, but it would be interesting in cases she hit’s barriers.
I agree that the cleansing can be used for a new hero tho and i already thought Echo could get something like that, but we still can dream i guess :slight_smile:
i liked symmetra since her first kit, i mained her with her second skillkit and i rly want her back like that plus a nice addition to be usefull for the whole team and not “the throw pick because she is no real support” like she was blamed permanently with her 2.0 state

1 Like

I like her as she is except for her primary fire. I would say to have it ramp up in power faster and do more damage on each stage. For example the beam would increase in power every second and do 95/130/195 dps for stages 1/2/3 "she is a damage class after all :slight_smile: ! Of course to balance out the faster ramping up it would also loose stages after every second of not doing damage.

1 Like

Beam worked alot better when it was in combo with Photon Barrier.

That’s true. It’s a shame heroe’s can’t have more than 3 abilities. Iv’e really liked having the new teleporter though. Wouldn’t want to give it up :frowning:

Well i agree with you in the point that we need to learn symmetra in a rework case from anew again but Symmetra was never been made to be a full flesh dps, she always was a support who can deal a lot of damage by her own (+turrets) and uses some utility abilities to provide some benefits to her team.
Just because some people didn’t understand her based concept she was turned into a super stupid dps.
Sorry for saying things like that but it was the worst decision blizzard made when she reworked her to her 3.0 state she now has.

1 Like

It’s up to a future hero to replace that which we lost. 🧞‍♀ 344 Days Since The Start of this post about Sym (4/10/18)(3/20/19) - #360 by Doomfish-21368

Youre not going to get a rework. They want the hitscans on top because thats what people are used to in fps

1 Like

I dont know but this threat is not about “are we getting a symmetra rework or not”.
So that being said: we know that we most likly wont get another rework for her, but we would like to see some improvements for Symmetra, eitherway as support or else as full flesh dps.

1 Like

Ok so i don’t main Sym but i just wanted to say that i really like the new Sym now. I think she’s pretty good and more versatile and creative.

Also, its pretty intense walking back to the fight from spawn and seeing a barrier literally across the whole map.

4 Likes

I like the current state of Symmetra too, but it just simply doesnt feel like it is Symmetra to me. It would be something else if this kit Symmetra now has belongs to a completly different hero

Super alien to me too. I was starting to learn her before the rework but 3.0 changed almost everything. But, i don’t think different has to mean bad. I feel like the changes have heart behind them.

Symmetra’s ult is something completely new, but its a city spanning wall like she can do in the lore. Having only 3 turrets but stronger changes how you use them but it reduces set up required.

Last match I played, a Sym sentry bombed us and turned our mighty hold into crumbling ruin. It was a quad kill with her doing some dirty work herself.

This iteration just feels so much like Symmetra the character.

1 Like

No, i don’t need to read anything mate.
You need to re-read what I wrote. Theres no contradiction in her kit, its very well defined and aligned with the vibe/style of the character so no.
What I said about reworks stays.

You are welcome.

I can really understand why you felt that way. The 2.0 version to 3.0 is a very radical change for Symmetra. And I agree about what you said about improvement on Symmetra. She needs to be decided as a dps or a support.

She can work as hybrid DPS/Support, just that she needs improvement in her kit for this to happen.

So… You didn’t read anything and already comes up with a response huh. Well, okay then…