The Mercy situation in a nutshell

Now we have a big, “Undo all your picks” button which is much, much worse…

1 Like

From Webster Dictionary:

Defamation: The act of communicating false statements about a person that injure the reputation of that person : the act of defaming another.

Again, if they want to take me to court over a video, then that will end this argument and we’ll see if the community stops speaking out. We’ve been treated like trash. They’ve promoted toxicity by ignoring the problem, silencing us and make a skit about us. Sure, pick apart my call out video, but don’t act as though they are any better because they sure as he** aren’t.

1 Like

Honestly, then I think it’s fair not to expect to be engaged with by them.

This is a really interesting take

the overwatch league skit? It was about mercy reacting to being nerfed, not mercy mains. Mercy mains aren’t an oppressed minority

My man, this statement reeks of self-entitlement to no end.

It’s not that deep, and at this point it’s not even being blunt, you’re just being plain rude.

There’s a way to criticize and quite frankly, none of you have done that properly.

Sure, I don’t agree with a LOT of the things that Blizzard have done in terms of balancing, but I’m not going to start calling them miserable failures over it.

That’s just plain wrong, and you just don’t do that.

Enough, there’s no reason to keep talking to these two. It’s talking to a brick wall, don’t waste your breath.

I didn’t call them miserable :confused:

Same can be said vice versa. Profanity is not that deep. Getting called something that is true is not that deep… If they don’t think what is being said is true, it would make the whole situation even less deep…

2 Likes

They sure act like they are an oppressed minority.

Just because your wrong doesn’t mean the people who are right are “brick walls”

This again. You’re not softening the mortar by accusing us both of being trolls (as you have to me twice) and wastes of breath. I’m conducting myself reasonably eloquently for the forums of all places and engaging everyone’s point seriously–well, I consider some snark to be justified to people who give it to me, but the other person I’ve been debating with has not garnered that. You can keep resorting to posts like this, engage with us, or just ignore us. I’m not going to be offended or salty or whatever else you’ve called me in other topics.

1 Like

Threads like this, Why does the community hate Mercy mains? get made on a daily basis with the first set of the replies being, “they deserve it”. What do you expect us to think?

That you deserve it.

Also, do you have any proof that they are made daily?

I think we all should get back on topic before this thread gets 404’d. Lmao

I think it’s a little too late for that tbh

Opression: subject to harsh and authoritarian treatment.

Would you not say that saying stuff like, “They deserve the hate” is harsh and authoritarian treatment? (not all that authoritarian but is incredibly harsh)

Not if it’s deserved no.

Mercy is the most mained hero in the game who gets alot of attention both on the forums and in game. You are the complete opposite of an “oppressed minority”

You know who else has been treated like trash?

Bastion-Mains don’t even get a SIXTEENTH of the attention that Mercy-Mains do but at least they don’t go around insulting everyone like some of you do.

Genji & Hanzo-Mains have been loathed by the community since the birth of Overwatch and have been heavily meme’d on to the point where said memes have become dreadfully unfunny, but they’ve handled the hate MUCH better than some Mercy-Mains.

Sombra-Mains are still dealing with her jacked-up kit and numerous bugs while fighting for a slot in DPS rosters, but they don’t create nearly as much uproar as than some Mercy-Mains.

Symmetra & Torbjörn-Mains have been countlessly false reported to the point where they couldn’t even play Competitive on their main accounts without the fear of receiving another suspension, but they do not act nearly as victimized as some Mercy-Mains.

I get it.

Your hero is not in the best of states and you personally find it to be an unfun, travesty.

But you’re not the only one who’s going through the motions.

Everybody is a victim of the balancing scale at the end of the day and we’re all suffering in this game together.

The reason why people stop having any shred of sympathy and start having problems with you is when you begin responding in a condescending and disrespectful manner while writing off anybody and anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

If there’s a reason why toxicity builds up it’s because of this kind of behavior and if this is how you’re going to act when someone gives you some honest, respectful constructive criticism, then maybe it’s better that they don’t listen.

3 Likes

Mercy deserves it. Not the people who main Mercy…

Watch if you want. I just remembered this

1 Like

Hi, just gonna butt in here again.

I personally think that a factor of their frustrations is that, as far as we know, the Mercy rework was not decided by the Mercy mains. It was everyone else that decided that she needed a rework. In fact, one of the biggest pioneers of the rework and the one people on the forums quoted time and time again was Seagull. He even said at one point that one of his frustrations with Mercy was (paraphrasing here) essentially that she was anti-carry which I think is healthy for the game. Now, she’s sort of lost her identity.

Whenever Mercy mains said that the latest nerf was “ruining her”, they weren’t really saying that it would ruin her balance-wise. They were more referring to how fun she is imo. And, while I do not main Mercy, whenever I would flex to her, I have noticed a dramatic shift in the fun I have with her.

Mercy mains even realize the problem with her now. Rez just cannot be balanced as an ability. Erasing picks is too powerful as an ability, even on a 30 second cooldown. Yet when they suggest reworks that would place rez as an ultimate, it gets shut down. People reply with “Rez is unhealthy for the game” or “Mass rez was unbalanced and that is why she was reworked in the first place”. But there are ways to tweak and balance Mass Rez so it can be healthy for the game.

So before I start rambling too much here, I’m just going to summarize everything I wrote here. Basically, Mercy mains are frustrated because their hero got reworked without their input, and most of the rework was because of what other mains had said. If they got their rework with their input valued and put into the changes, they would not be as vocal as they are now. But that didn’t happen so here we are.

Also, last thing: Another reason why I think Mercy mains are frustrated/discouraged

7 Likes