The Mercy situation in a nutshell

If people had clashing opinions you would only know if they told you.

1 Like

Lmao, that doesn’t mean I asked for their opinions? Also, all you did was go, I disagree with your opinion blah blah blah when you are literally trying to argue with an opinion.

Defamation: Making of false, derogatory statement(s)

To clarify, that video was reading off an interview of a certain somebody’s own words, and showing how they were lies. Therefor, calling them a hypocrite is not a lie.

2 Likes

To me it seems that the devs didn’t even try to change Res from where it was before they went and changed it. I am comparing what happened to Mercy, to Hanzo as those are two of my mains and with Hanzo’s changes and Mercy changes there was a lot more communication about what they tried that did and didn’t work because in some ways Scatter was just as controversial as Rez-as an ult was (in my opinion they aren’t but the forums complained about both of them equally with hate).

With Hanzo we got a “Well we tried this, and it ‘didn’t feel right’” list before they gave us Storm.

With Mercy we got an announcement that there was a rework, and then what it was. I would think a character as cherished as Mercy there would’ve been more explanation on what they tried that didn’t work because that’s just as important.

We got more information on a secondary ability on one hero than we got for the entirety of Mercy’s rework and one of these has gotten 11 Mega threads.

2 Likes

Exactly… They only had the right to delete it because they had a cissyfit over you not sugarcoating your words… And even then, you made a censored video which still gets threads 404ed.

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging: all the ones I tried watching were similar. Who knows if I even know the one I’m talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

I try to be an empathetic person. It’s why I’m so loud in the LGBT threads (possibly to the point of being a little brash at times but I don’t feel obligated to coddle people calling someone else mentally ill… I digress). I’m very open to having discussion or being swayed about… Just about anything here. But I value respect very heavily and not being respectful when trying to make a case instantly loses me. Heck, mercy is my second most played hero. I’m a tank/support flex. I don’t want her to be useless.

You made derogatory statements. You called them failures

Multiple weren’t lies. They said “Some mercy mains insisted she’d be useless without mass rez” (paraphrased). You said they didn’t with receipts from October, months after the rework. The forums were a bomb in August, and it wasn’t just my kin in the D.Va threads. There were just as many if not more “Mercy is useless” threads.
It wasn’t being blunt. It wasn’t not sugarcoating. It wasn’t spilling the tea. This is being blunt: the devs were justified in telling you that you were making derogatory statements. Because you were. Even in the censored video were you patronizing under a thin veil of coddling.

1 Like

For failing with the Mercy rework? Don’t see the lie in that… I mean, if you fail something what would you call youself? A winner?

1 Like

You can consider something a failure and express your dissatisfaction without attacking someone’s character and calling them one.

1 Like

Still isn’t lying if it the word was used correctly. In this case, it was. They failed with a rework, therefore, those who participated in the making of the rework are failures.

2 Likes

I fail to see how that is a derogatory term when they literally failed with this rework. Their goal was to make Mercy “Impactful” and “Engaging” which, guess what, they failed. The term is not derogatory, it’s truthful. Context.

I guess only a lawyer can make the end decision if it were truly derogatory in a legal sense. Would be interesting if the OW team try to take me to court over a video going over their own interview though. I mean, that would sure show us Mercy mains wouldn’t it.

1 Like

I haven’t thought about it before but yeah you are right.

They always give info on other reworks but when it came to mercy there was nothing but “we reworked her, here you go”. They didn’t take any suggestions before the rework, during the rework (ptr), after the rework (it’s been a year and all we got are nerfs that help no one, and no one suggested). Mercy players gave so many ideas, so so many, none were being listened to.

I think they are hyper aware of how big the mercy fan base is and they just decided that the best course of action is to just ignore them all because of the whole “we can’t please everyone so we will do whatever we want instead”. Except by ignoring the mercy fanbase they have come to a point where they are pleasing no one. I used to be all for a rework but after all these nerfs, even I want a revert or better yet res removal.

1 Like

I’m not going to sit and argue with you, Darth, it never goes anywhere. Again, a lawyer is the only one who can end this argument and I would laugh if they took me to court over a video solely because I called them out.

You just said that you made the thread to see if people had clashing opinions, which you would only know if people told you.

Which means I indirectly asked for people to state their opinion but that doesn’t mean I wanted them to. Mostly wanted to see if a vast majority of people agreed with me which they do btw. but whatever. Arguments with you honestly end with me giving up and moving on.

Defamation: The act of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

Libel: A false and malicious statement about a person.

Slander: A false and malicious spoken statement.

With the way you and your supporters speak in the thread, it’s no wonder why they cried defamation.

You don’t do or say things like this.

You can’t expect to call people “miserable failures” or tell them to put on their “big boy panties” and then expect them to be okay with listening to you when all you’re doing is needlessly insulting them.

1 Like

If you wanted to see if people agreed with you it means you wanted people to share their opinion, otherwise how would you know if people agreed with you.

A failure of a person denotes a lack of success over a long period of time. It is not one isolated instance; it is consistent with them to the point that it is synonymous with loser. One failure does not make a person a failure

See above

Oh, they definitely made her impactful. That’s objective. “Engaging” is more of a subjective thing but there’s objectively more buttons and more mechanics and thus more things to do.

What did you tell me once? The world doesn’t revolve around me?
It’s not that serious

I mean, last time it was because you stopped rebutting most of my points. But I mean, walk away if you want it’s no skin off my bones

I’m so here for you. Bless.

1 Like

The “Real” Mercy situation in a nutshell.

All heroes got their ultimates reduced 25%.
Many ultimates got canceled by stuns and such.

Devs felt it wasn’t good for the Ult economy to have a big “Undo all these Ultimates” button.

1 Like

I’m not going to sugarcoat my words for them after them continously failing to balance my favorite hero.

1 Like

And like to me in my shoes Hanzo is hated among the community. No one have ever liked him really. If he is good he spams if he is bad he’s the reason the team loses. So, Hanzo players can’t win. Mercy is in a similar space with people hate her and how “easy” she is (that’s another rant for another day) but when you don’t lock her in you’re throwing. Honestly though if she’s so easy you play her.

But someone as infamous as Hanzo got a detailed list of what they tried, and what did and didn’t work. Not only that, but the subsequent changes to Hanzo have been number changes, CD’s increased, duration decreased, damage decrease, all by minor percentages (1-2 seconds or 10 points of damage). Where Mercy, someone who is easily the most popular hero in the game got like, what, one small tweak, maybe and then it’s been nothing but major nerf after major nerf.

For someone who loves Mercy as much as the community you’re treating the community’s most hated character better than the most loved.

Just saying Blizz.

1 Like