The Mercy situation in a nutshell

I think it’s a little too late for that tbh

Opression: subject to harsh and authoritarian treatment.

Would you not say that saying stuff like, “They deserve the hate” is harsh and authoritarian treatment? (not all that authoritarian but is incredibly harsh)

Not if it’s deserved no.

Mercy is the most mained hero in the game who gets alot of attention both on the forums and in game. You are the complete opposite of an “oppressed minority”

You know who else has been treated like trash?

Bastion-Mains don’t even get a SIXTEENTH of the attention that Mercy-Mains do but at least they don’t go around insulting everyone like some of you do.

Genji & Hanzo-Mains have been loathed by the community since the birth of Overwatch and have been heavily meme’d on to the point where said memes have become dreadfully unfunny, but they’ve handled the hate MUCH better than some Mercy-Mains.

Sombra-Mains are still dealing with her jacked-up kit and numerous bugs while fighting for a slot in DPS rosters, but they don’t create nearly as much uproar as than some Mercy-Mains.

Symmetra & Torbjörn-Mains have been countlessly false reported to the point where they couldn’t even play Competitive on their main accounts without the fear of receiving another suspension, but they do not act nearly as victimized as some Mercy-Mains.

I get it.

Your hero is not in the best of states and you personally find it to be an unfun, travesty.

But you’re not the only one who’s going through the motions.

Everybody is a victim of the balancing scale at the end of the day and we’re all suffering in this game together.

The reason why people stop having any shred of sympathy and start having problems with you is when you begin responding in a condescending and disrespectful manner while writing off anybody and anyone who doesn’t agree with you.

If there’s a reason why toxicity builds up it’s because of this kind of behavior and if this is how you’re going to act when someone gives you some honest, respectful constructive criticism, then maybe it’s better that they don’t listen.

3 Likes

Mercy deserves it. Not the people who main Mercy…

Watch if you want. I just remembered this

1 Like

Hi, just gonna butt in here again.

I personally think that a factor of their frustrations is that, as far as we know, the Mercy rework was not decided by the Mercy mains. It was everyone else that decided that she needed a rework. In fact, one of the biggest pioneers of the rework and the one people on the forums quoted time and time again was Seagull. He even said at one point that one of his frustrations with Mercy was (paraphrasing here) essentially that she was anti-carry which I think is healthy for the game. Now, she’s sort of lost her identity.

Whenever Mercy mains said that the latest nerf was “ruining her”, they weren’t really saying that it would ruin her balance-wise. They were more referring to how fun she is imo. And, while I do not main Mercy, whenever I would flex to her, I have noticed a dramatic shift in the fun I have with her.

Mercy mains even realize the problem with her now. Rez just cannot be balanced as an ability. Erasing picks is too powerful as an ability, even on a 30 second cooldown. Yet when they suggest reworks that would place rez as an ultimate, it gets shut down. People reply with “Rez is unhealthy for the game” or “Mass rez was unbalanced and that is why she was reworked in the first place”. But there are ways to tweak and balance Mass Rez so it can be healthy for the game.

So before I start rambling too much here, I’m just going to summarize everything I wrote here. Basically, Mercy mains are frustrated because their hero got reworked without their input, and most of the rework was because of what other mains had said. If they got their rework with their input valued and put into the changes, they would not be as vocal as they are now. But that didn’t happen so here we are.

Also, last thing: Another reason why I think Mercy mains are frustrated/discouraged

7 Likes

ooooof. There it goes. It was nice talking to you all. keep it real.

Isn’t this just because there are way more Mercy players in the game in comparison to the heroes you’ve listed? Not because Mercy players are more vocal :confused:

Mercy isn’t posting all these threads on the forums, the people who main her do.

Have you seen the forums? Blizzard had to give mercy mains their own thread because of how vocal they are.

That’s just because there’s more Mercy mains than other mains?? Also, what attention? Have you counted the replies we got for the feedback given in the mega thread?

Oh you noticed. Hi I’m Ward. I enjoyed playing Mercy at one point. Nice to meet you.

Because there are lots of Mercy mains :confused: Also, what kind of attention is replying less than 5 times to 100,000 player’s feedback? Also, you say that Mercy mains get a lot of attention in game and on the forums when most of it is negative…

I told you the cursed videos were posted! It’s doomed
Also i meannnn I wouldn’t necessarily be shocked if the mods considered the OP post inappropriate. Just my thoughts there.

Harsh, and likely not a majority opinion, but other players aren’t something I’d consider authoritarian. Were they oppressed, I’d say the devs would have to intentionally keep her unplayably bad. Like. Objectively underpowered. Because that would be oppression/suppression. Power is being exerted to intentionally keep a group of people from enjoying the game at the same amount as everyone else

D.Va mains get just as much flak by other players here despite not nearly having the same volume of threads… We aren’t oppressed tho. Except in lore rest in peace

this and its uncensored version are literally the worst ones :weary::weary::weary::weary:

Same with D.Va my guy. Most reworks aren’t decided by the hero’s mains; likely because they’re biased.

I’m sorry, but I’m really sick of people using this poor guy as a scapegoat.

A LOT of them said it would ruin her balance-wise. Even for the latest one.

And yeah, same. I find her more fun

Rez isn’t the only problem. The average number of rezzes per entire game hovers around 6-7, even in OWL. and many of these aren’t going to be essential, game-winning picks either. A lot of rezzes are done in downtime. The problem is how bloated her kit is.

Possibly (I think it’s inherently harmful on a mobile character), but it isn’t coming back in any iteration. It’d be more controversial than Teldrassil burning.

I understand they’re frustrated. I get frustrated with D.va’s bugs and skins and lore all the time. But there are better ways to express it.

1 Like

Sorry, but if I posted the other it would be taken down immediately

The rework was controversial. Don’t think they need to worry about controversy no matter how big it will be…

2 Likes

Just because these groups don’t have as huge a fanbase as Mercy (though considering I also listed Genji in there I don’t know how) doesn’t mean that they don’t handle it better.

That’s the point I’m making.

These groups have not resorted to some of the things that the more vocal Mercy-Mains do when by all means, they have all the more reason to feel that way.

These personal attacks and insults towards someone’s character…that’s the issue that needs to be discussed.

Or they just don’t care unlike the Mercy mains who are more passionate about their hero? Either way I get the point you’re trying to make.

Yes, you said they arnt vocal and than I said that they are and then you agreed with me.

And those replys are more than other heros who ACTUALY need answers from the devs about.