The "its just 1 second" argument is dumb

lets look back at 6v6 sigma, his barrier got increased from 1s to 2.5s. thats a 1.5s increase, sure not 1 second but its only 0.5 off.

EVEYRONE bashed this change, it made him feel super clunky and unfun to use his shield with, the same with mercys GA nerf. so his shield cd got reduced to 2 seconds.

the argument with “mercys GA deserved a 1s nerf, its only 1 second its not even huge.” when a simple 1.5 increase, surely impacted sigma’s gameplay by a mile. i can have a say in this too because i main sigma, and i played him during that change, but the argument doesnt make sense. is it because its popular to hate mercy right now? is it because shes a support and sigmas a tank? make it make sense bruh

26 Likes

A better, more honest way to frame it is with percentage increase.

20 Likes

I wouldn’t compare a resource ability such as sig barrier to a mobility cd. I play quite a lot of mercy and didn’t feel like the change was nearly as bad as people say, most of them just got used to diving straight into danger and always having a bs get out of jail free card, now they actually have to mind their positioning. Hell, a nerf that’s closer to the one you described would be Kiriko’s heal recovery nerf. Now that’s one that made her clunky for me.

3 Likes

im adapting to the cd nerf, but at least have it be 2 seconds so her gameplay feels fluid.

i know her GA needed a nerf, it was OPAF, but 2s is fine

I hate any movement cooldown increase.

Dva at 3 second boosters was amazing.
Doom at 3 second punch likewise.

Increasing cooldown never feels good.

2 second mercy cooldown, 3.5 seconds for doom and Dva pls

15 Likes

It only felt good for the user, not the ones being abused by spam punchers and impossible to catch dvas

9 Likes

The lack of agency is what I can’t stand about movement nerfs.

There’s enough counters in the game already. Movement shouldn’t be handicapped to create an easy opening for the person shooting at you.

3 Likes

But dishonest actors just dismiss the percentage argument

6 Likes

I literally said the same thing about uppercut going to 0.35 seconds in ow1 and rocket punch going from 3 seconds to 4 in ow2 with tank fist.
every reply I got was players saying “its just a second you won’t even notice it” meanwhile the 0.15 difference in uppercut recovery time literally changes your ability to secure kills on certain heroes and in certain situations.

7 Likes

If its just a second and that doesn’t matter, than surely no one will notice if we change it back to 1.5 seconds yes?

13 Likes

who said “its just 1 second” ?? like the whole community agrees that the 1 sec is needed to make mercy killable ? who r you arguing with ?

1 Like

I would have rather Mercy gone to 150 hp than GA go up at all tbh. Narrow her margins for error, rather than kill her crazy movement potential, because fighter jet Mercy is fun af.

1 Like

Yeah, that Sigma change is what made me drop OW1 for the most part. Strictly an unfun change.

1 Like

People that say “it’s only 1 second” are just a little bit stupid.

However, I do agree with the change. She was too evasive and the fact that it makes such a big difference shows it’s NOT just one second.

4 Likes

Well I was right, Alec was drawing the connection between her increased mobility and her feeling “too difficult to kill”.

And that the best way to get the 1.5sec GA back, is to find a more agreeable way to lower her survival.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1761197290?t=00h38m49s

For example:

[OW2] Make Mercy Wider + 1.5sec GA

1 Like

I play Mercy in plat and can barely notice the change. If you compare this change to the way they have completly butchered heroes like Mei and Roadhog, the whining by Mercy players seems pathetic. This 1 second causes me maybe one or two deaths per match if even that, usually i don’t even notice it.

2 Likes

Mercy has a long history of being on the losing end of hypocrisy.

Simply speaking, standards applied to other characters do not apply to her.

For example:

DPS leaving their team to get a sick ult?

Cool.

Mercy leaving her team to get a sick ult?

OMG REWORK!

10 Likes

Ya thats a 150% vs 66% change its a huge difference

yet its still the same number isnt it?

1, 1.5, doesnt matter. its still the same number boosted up in the end.

agreed, its not that bad, but 2s would make her feel so much more fluid yet still remain difficult to kill.

multiple people, i even said in this thread that yes she needed a nerf to her GA but boosting it to 2.5s was bad, 2s wouldve been fine.

No its not its alot .5 is a huge difference.

Have you tested this in the work shop? Because most people who say this have never even tested it just like with the original nerf.