The "its just 1 second" argument is dumb

yes actually i have an entire worlshop code dedicated to balance changes, and this is one of em.

no its really not. infact it doesnt even change the argument

1s is worse than 1.5 bc its faster, so sigma obviously needed the 1.5s nerf, yet there was an entire outrage and got it reduced to 2s

thats literally the same with mercy except she had 1.5s and got it increased to 2.5. you can still feel how bad it is.

im advocating for it to be 2s, because if sigma being at 2s feels like a great middle stop, so will mercys

The same thing happened to DVas defense matrix when they gave it a 2 second cooldown when it used to be one second. That was eventually reverted.

2 Likes

Good most people just say stuff with out testing stuff so good.

I get your point but it is flawed in the sense of how diffrent a change they are and i have no horse in this race because i was fine with both and just adapted

ive adapted to her mobility being at 2.5s, but i cant sit here and lie and say she feels much worse to play now.

Well beased on how they havent changed other heros after their nerfs i dont think they will be reverting this net buff

That was still true for 2 seconds imo. Now you donā€™t have to react as quick because tanks in general survive better, so itā€™s not as bad.

Yes the absolute amount of change means nothing, same is true for e.g. damage per bullet

There is no ability in the game with a CD short enough to counter Mercyā€™s 2.5s CD of GAā€¦ So it was even worse when it is 1s.
What are the counters you are talking about but shooting then?

Yeah, no matter how you feel about Mercy, ā€œjust one secondā€ doesnā€™t fly. People called Cassidy at 0.42s fire rate a McChinegun, but not when heā€™s at 0.5s fire rate. Thatā€™s a difference of zero point zero eight seconds. Bapā€™s fire rate was improved from its slow 0.45s recovery time to 0.38s and let me tell you, I would never want to go back. Thatā€™s a difference of zero point zero seven seconds. Weā€™re talking about hundreths of seconds here having an impact.

Numbers that appear insignificant on paper can turn out to be significant in practice.

4 Likes

no the 2.5 sec cooldown is to make sure super jump can be punished now , 2s cooldown is not a nerf

Not everyone. Some people actually realized Sigma was busted with a 1s barrier cooldown (like myself) and didnā€™t fight to bring it back

Same with Mercy. That being said, Iā€™ve said on multiple occasions Iā€™d like to find a better middleground at 2.25s or 2s GA instead of 2.5s, but nerf her elsewhere (maybe only 40% bonus on low HP allies, or nerf her self heal passive from 25% to 20% or something)

Most CC has been nerfed/removed though?

Definitely not strictly an unfun change. It was a necessary balance change. Sigmas fast barrier was busted and made him a must pick, he was able to block pretty much everything

1 Like

Was anyone saying otherwise? The reasoning was obvious :laughing:

Why would they want to nerf her mobility if it wasnā€™t making her too difficult to shoot and therefore kill? Thatā€™s the whole point.

However, donā€™t confuse wanting to make her more easy to shoot with less mobility as them wanting her to die more, they made her tankier in combat to prevent that

Well when youā€™re a totally different role with different responsibilities you do in fact have different standards. Supports arenā€™t really supposed to leave their teams, itā€™s why mass rez was obnoxious. You would suddenly be down a player (more importantly, down a support) for several seconds (sometimes 10 or more which is a long time) essentially guaranteeing your death/losing the fight just so she can make sure she gets a multirez. Not fun.

How would you feel about a Tank that needed to entirely leave their team for 10 or more seconds to get a sick ult? Probably not good because youā€™d be tankless wondering ā€œhow are we supposed to win this fight without you in the meantime? Weā€™re going to die just so you can try to get a nice ultā€¦ not funā€

Itā€™s not just a Mercy thing. You sign up for being ever-present as a Tank/Support player because you keep the team together. DPS are not so important for that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure sigma didnā€™t have any cooldown on his barrier when he first come out.

Was way too good*. D.Va is a mobile bully even with 4 seconds on boosters, she was absolutely disgusting with 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Except tanks do this all the time too.

Ball is off in Narnia.

Rein is taking the scenic route to get a shatter from behind.

I pointed out DPS because they leave the team far more often than any role, and it was primarily DPS players complaining about mass rez.

Ironically, it wasnā€™t people complaining about Mercy vanishing that resulted in the rework.

It was players who couldnā€™t accept that their precious high skill kill was taken away by somethijg they perceived as low skill.

This idea that Mercy takes no skill, so therefore should never impact a match or even be slightly inconvenient for them is the ultimate form of hypocrisy and double standards.

And it happens all the time.

2 Likes

And arenā€™t these problems? Isnā€™t the team wondering ā€œwhere is our tankā€??

This is my point.

1 Like

So rework them too.

Mass rez was reworked because it encouraged this behavior with some players.

So do the same to other heroes too.

Letā€™s at least be consistent with our standards.

1 Like

uhh yes it is, it shouldā€™ve been from 1.5s to 2s. but i wouldnā€™t mind keeping 2.5 if she got her old passive back and have it return itā€™s activation time to 1s instead of 1.5.

oh yeah no doubt he was busted at 1s, but he felt so clunky with 2.5 iā€™m saying everyone expressed how bad it felt, even people who wnated him nerfed, and they all said just to reduce it to 2s which was a nice middle ground.

iā€™d like to see 2s ga, with 50 base hps and 25-30% boost for allies under 50% health

so with a 25% boost, itā€™s 62.5, but with a 30% boost, itā€™s 65.

nope but he had a cast time of 0.2 seconds. but thatā€™s not even what iā€™m talking about

iā€™m talking about his barrier going from 1s > 2.5s > 2s

not

0s > 1s > 2.5s > 2s

Rein and his abilites arenā€™t designed in a way that promotes ditching his team for an extended amount of time, Mass rez was.

This is a false equivalency.

I think theyā€™re leaving it as is because a more solid rework for Mercy almost has to be coming. She still feel like dook to play with, against and as. She is still unhealthy for the game. So they just made her a bit easier to kill -even though I would argue she isnā€™t terribly unbalanced in the meanwhile, like what they did for RH pending his changes.

Itā€™s wild because from my standpoint, if they donā€™t rework her (which is what I am hoping is in the works for the next season or two), Iā€™m still heavily in the ā€˜she needs more nerfsā€™ camp to make her feel decent to play into, yet here we have people who think she needs buffs. It goes to show you that her current kit is really unbalancable. Itā€™s never going to work in a way that feels balanced and fun to play into and fun to play as. They pretty much have to rework her to attempt to make some of that happen.

1 Like