The Forums are Extra Toxic

They always have been like you said. However people should give the devs some slack. It’s their game that they created and you are just someone who enjoys it. They know what they are doing in the long term (I think), and while they may not always do something that makes you particularly happy, they are still trying to make it work and make sure it stays afloat. We have unrealistic expectations for these devs and often expect things to be perfect, or what we asked for, but we should just expect them to do what they feel is the best for the game.

3 Likes

“No one trusts Blizzard”

To be fair, look at every single rework. Every one of them.

Dva. Hog. Bastion. Dva again. Mercy. Sombra. Hanzo. Sym.

5 Likes

It’s not ideal but it’s not exactly the worst thing in game history.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2009/04/12/activision-blizzard-is-not-blizzard/
I don’t touch COD. I’m very happy ignoring it.

I mean, I haven’t really been with blizzard for too long (I only joined when OW was announced) but I don’t think they’ve been doing that bad of a job. Also I don’t really think that buyouts are really that bad, just look at Bungie and microsoft.

3 Likes

I like Roadhog like he is now. Surviving everything is awesome. I don’t play the other heroes you mentioned.

And that’s why I created a post to share your feelings about giving up on the game, it went well. I may make a part 2 of it or a different version of it.

1 Like

Then show me.
Even RichC is a grump now.

3 Likes

Honestly, i don’t think blizzard knows what they are doing.
Look to Overwatch’s potential as a e-sport, and now look how long people had to wait to see OWL.

And I will never forget that Blizzard has neglected Dota when the game was the biggest moba in the world. So, no, I don’t think that blizzard knows what they are doing.

4 Likes

I think I saw that? I’m on a break because of nade hit detection bugs. Lots of other stuff, but none of that would make me quit if I could expect Junkrat to work.

1 Like

Maybe, but virtually every Hog main considered the changes nerfs (they were).

Similarly, the mains of all of those heroes typically took issue with the changes. I certainly opposed the Sym changes, because while she is initially better in some areas, the rework didn’t address a single one of the issues that made her bad. Mercy’s rework doesn’t even need an explanation because we’re still dealing with the fallout while she’s pushed further and further down.

Same with Bastion. His only good changes were the addition of his passive and his mobile healing. But overall, the changes didn’t address him being a fat stationary target. Afterwards, he was still a fat stationary target that became slightly harder (but still easy) to kill at the cost of his ability to crit and his range.

I held out hope for the Sym changes. Now I have 0 trust for Blizzard. They’ve shown me the opinions and ideas of the people that play these heroes and know their real issues mean nothing to them.

3 Likes

Came out the day the new forums were online

1 Like

They also added more healers when the community asked for them, and they added a LFG system when we asked for one. But people ignore all the times the devs do exactly what we ask and continue to claim they never listen.

4 Likes

I think Neo Symmetra just needs a buff or two, I’m actually convinced that Mercy is FINALLY going to be balanced with the next patch, and yeah, Bastion is being shafted.

It’s basically dead now. The discord isn’t much better at times. It’s sad that it became so easily forgotten.

1 Like

They don’t sell Hogdrogen tho

My bad. I got an invite to the discord but never acted on it. If only it had more precense on the forums, maybe its own mega thread?

1 Like

They did fix some of her problems though. Sentries were too much of a pain to upkeep for their impact, and now they’re considerably easier to upkeep while losing virtually no impact.

She’s also no longer a mandatory melee-range hero. Sure her primary is still useless and NEEDS to be changed completely, but she has multiple viable ranged damage sources now, so she isn’t a melee hero that lacks melee survivability - which was one of her biggest 1.0 and 2.0 flaws.

1 Like

It basically was a megathread. Now it’s almost gone and other cafes have taken over like the Overmoji cafe. I will never have anywhere else to vent and to “drunkenly” sing a song to people.

1 Like

One of the best moves Blizz has ever done IMO despite the PR risk. :+1:

6 Likes