The Forums are Extra Toxic

You think the mods will let you post a link to it on the OP of the Zen Cafe, or something? Somewhere will peeps will find it?

1 Like

Wow! we asked for it in Season 1 and they brought to us in Season 11.
Blizzard is always doing what we ask for!!!

2 Likes

Yet here you are, on their forums and playing their games.

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure they will. I could also just bump it, but it would go down pretty quick.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Yugioh’s been out for almost 20 years and Red Eyes Black Dragon still sucks… and it took them 5 years to make Number 5: Doom Chimera Dragon, and he’s just a stepping stone for Number c5.

I like to think my posts are still productive and civil, despite my views on the game. I’m certainly not blaming other players/posters for that.

It is a bit hard to be positive on the Overwatch forum now, though. The game has run away from me. It’s the only game I can ever remember where I lost interest because the game got worse instead of because other games started occupying my interest.

I wanted to be excited about Wrecking Ball, until I thought about it for a few minutes and realized he’s hard-countered more than possibly any other hero by Brigitte (and the rest of the CC kits that everyone was already complaining about).

I wanted to be excited about new Sombra changes, but then I saw what they were… and remembered she’s still going to be perpetually terrible as long as Brigitte exists.

I want to be excited about Summer Games coming soon, but at this point I’m not even sure whether I will enjoy playing for those loot boxes.

5 Likes

The only thing that made their upkeep a pain was their cooldowns and the slow, but mostly the cooldowns. She was hurt so badly by all of her turrets being destroyed immediately, but you’re right, new Sym deals with that less because their cooldown for a full set is halved.

However, this is at the cost of a lot of the utility they provided. It’s a lot easier to penetrate a nest. I have more luck stacking all 3 as a “nest,” because people are more likely to approach and die when they think it’s just one turret. Then they shoot it, continue walking, and die, because they didn’t shoot 3 times or just melee.

They are also much less effective at countering stall. Plopping onto the point in OT into six Sym turrets that you couldn’t possibly take down all of before being obliterated was strong. Now that it’s only 3, it’s more likely that they’ll be destroyed without much use. All six locking into someone also basically blinded someone and made it very hard to shoot them.

I also wouldn’t call her ranged damage viable. Next time you’re fighting a Sym, don’t move until she shoots her orb. Congratulations, with this tip you will literally never be hit by a Sym orb you see coming at mid-long range unless you strafe directly into it.

1 Like

Reddit isn’t toxic, but it is way worse.

2 Likes

Maybe my other post will help with all the grumpy on the forums.

1 Like

So because they didn’t do it immediately when you asked for it, it doesn’t count, right? If someone gives you a million dollars in a year instead of now, you’ll throw it in their face and complain that you didn’t get it sooner? Because everything can be done immediately with no effort and no expense and no planning and no timeframe? Like you wouldn’t have complained just as much if they did release it in Season 1 but with more bugs because they didn’t have as much time to work them out first?

Huh? Behavioral conditioning is when you train rats to run a maze in order to receive a treat in the end. This is a slight variation on that, but very much the same principle according to academic research (of which I am quite familiar). Complaining that “15 USD for a Mercy skin is too much” is considered insensitive since it’s for a charity, so users are conditioned into being ok with such a large sum of money for skins, so when future skins cost only 5 USD people are more accustomed to paying this amount…

Now, I’m completely fine with Blizzard making money from cosmetic items. It’s their business model and they should be commended for keeping content and updates free. But as an academic researcher who partly focus on behavioral change and motivational theory I can’t unsee the manipulation and deceit that has gone into this.

6 Likes

I saw that but got psyched out by all the forum gods who already posted so I just awkwardly lurked for 5 minutes.

1 Like

Reddit is better. When you censor people like the Blizzard forums, you get toxicity. Being able to express yourself releases alot of toxic feelings.

2 Likes

I think you ought to read the OP again. There is no need for aggravation here, only memes.

1 Like

I have no clue how exactly that falsifies my point that there was zero gameplay requirement to purchase the Mercy skin. Besides, Blizz did not make a dime off of that skin — they would have gotten into legal trouble had they done so.

1 Like

Just go and post there, it’s a lot of fun stuff and just lose yourself in it.

Alright, alright, but you’re not telling that to the other aggravated poster dumping on my attempt to be positive.

It’s even more awkward now…
They can come here to post memes when they notice this thread.

Oh, it doesn’t nullify your claim… I just don’t see how your claim was relevant to my initial point… so, probably a case of miscommunication.

2 Likes

He wasn’t talking to anyone in particular, that was just thicc sarcasm.