THANK YOU for Talking About Matchmaker's MMR and Forced 50%

ROFLCOPTER

3 Likes

Saul Goodman approves!

3 Likes

Well if you join the discord it might become a reality!

:smirk_cat:

I played against Basel and octo - havenā€™t played against rhain(Romulus) or Abdullah but I invite them to a scrimmage

By the way why did you conveniently leave yourself out?

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I donā€™t really understand what you mean here. Though Iā€™d argue that modern day livestock farming and its relationship to nature is pretty much the antithesis of balance.

2 Likes

Ok first off, these teams are mad unfair. I like our odds in a debate, but not an Overwatch scrim. Cuthbert hasnā€™t even played in years, and as far as Hulk goes, having the rest of us on his team would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

1 Like

Why would it be unfair? Half of ā€œyourā€ team is convinced to play at an elite level.

3 Likes

So much for joking around. I guess this is the part where we turn lighthearted comments back into a debate.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually serious with this idea. This event should totally happen.

After a few matches, teams could even be shuffled for a more lighthearted event :wink:

After all, these are the most active and enthusiastic players on this forum, all points of contention aside.

4 Likes

I am not sure anyone here is actually arguing that there exists no skill difference among the player base/ the different ranks. So I donā€™t really see the point in this other than for shā€™ts and giggles

3 Likes

The average SR spread among these teams is huge and I know weā€™d get the floor wiped with us. Might be fun though. Weā€™d have to impose some hero limits or other caps to make it at least somewhat competitive.

1 Like

Receipts unironically has said that in the past that and this dude believes as a season 3 silver player he could be t500 if MMR didnā€™t exist. Which is funny because if he placed nowadays heā€™d be closer to b500.

But half that team thinks SR is meaningless? :thinking:

3 Likes

To be clear Iā€™m not going that far. Itā€™s just a bad, illogical argument. If SOME people can get to top 500 in an MMR system, then obviously anyone of equal or higher skill could do it under the same conditions.

I see a lot of bad arguments from people on my side of the debate, and I donā€™t condone any of them.

1 Like

I mean I just ignore that part of his ramblings.

Same

1 Like

Itā€™s difficult to get specific people together for events like that but Iā€™m always down for a scrim so HMU.

:smirk_cat:

He makes some articulate cogent points that, in my opinion, lead to where the evidence points. But some of it is just suspect or unfounded.

As we talked about before, I think most people have the basic hardware to get to top 500 (whether they have the grit, determination, ingenuity, and cleverness is a different story). But you canā€™t claim that actually accomplishing the feat is just a formality. And thatā€™s too bad because Iā€™d love to attain glory by relaxing on the couch.

1 Like

As long as anyone above 3000 SR on the opposing team agrees to play with their toes, Iā€™m in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game pad, bro. Crossplay :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes thatā€™s part of your point Iā€™m supporting

3 Likes

If you go through the historical data youā€™d see some pretty questionable statements.

Then why make it at all if itā€™s beyond false?

2 Likes

That would be SO great!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes