THANK YOU for Talking About Matchmaker's MMR and Forced 50%

Bro. If you play on EU Servers, I challenge you to a duel.

3 Likes

I challenge YOU to a Scrim.

1 Like

If you organize one, Iā€™m in. As a solo player, Iā€™ll accept any contrived team you see fit to prove your point. At least the MATCHMAKER wouldnā€™t manipulate the outcome, right :wink:

Whereby a duel, for direct skill comparison, is clearly more purposeful and less time-consuming.

Since I am only a Gold/Plat player, a duel is a good proof to see if someone should really be higher than Bronze or Silver.

2 Likes

Uhā€¦

1 Like

Fake it til you make it, right?

1 Like

Great, Iā€™m organising them on my discord.

Hulk#7881

A one versus one doesnā€™t prove much because this is a team game

Actually a scrim doesnā€™t prove your PERSONAL skill at all. Winning and losing is a 100% team effort. Itā€™s easy to cherrypick team mates to carry you :wink: How do you manage to ā€œbalanceā€ out the teams, so that itā€™s YOUR personal skill that decides defeat or victory? How would you make sure that I am not handicapped by much worse players that you have intentionally placed in my team?

The most accurate (mechanical) skill test would be a 1on1, maybe even with mirrored heroes. You chose heroes for one round, I for round 2 and so on. Two heroes per role should answer at least mechanical questions.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more impossible it seems, especially through scrims, to verify oneā€™s skill.

A scrim is absolutely not the normal ladder experience, because the teams are NOT put together by the matchmaker. Therefore something completely different would be checked.

1 Like

We can balance the teams
Or for example Iā€™m captain and your captain and we pick one by one. Or we play with given teams and after one game we swap each other onto each otherā€™s teams and play another game. So we can see who is the difference maker
Thereā€™s no such thing as personal skill, this is a team game. Your personal skill IS your ability to work with a team
A one versus one purely tests mechanical skills and maybe knowledge of the map which are different from the maps that are in normal gameplay

Right itā€™s not normal ladder experience because itā€™s not rigged

2 Likes

You are funny.

I literally donā€™t know anybody from the lobby so itā€™s just guessing from my side :smiley:

Correct, itā€™s rigged by you :wink:

2 Likes

Okay so we play one game with a given team and then we swap each other around for the next game and keep repeating that for a few games

Alternative: you bring your own team I donā€™t mind

Itā€™s unethical because itā€™s literally the concept of ā€œIf I am more powerful than you, I can do whatever I want to you.ā€ Because there is literally almost nothing worse than being at the complete and total mercy of something or someone that sees you merely as a resource to be consumed, we as a species have tried and mostly succeeded at eradicating this behavior (forced slavery, r**e, war crimes, extreme forms of cruelty, and countless other things people have done to others) because itā€™s unthinkably horrible and utterly unethical. Yet treating billions of other species as a resource, because weā€™re more powerful than they are just because they canā€™t stop it is ok? Animals do not want to be raised to be eaten, and they do not want to suffer, and they do not want to be eaten. But we visit that upon them because we are more powerful. I cannot think of anything more cruel than raising billions of animals in torturous conditions to be slaughtered and eaten.

Itā€™s dangerous because the livestock trade is creating horrible outcomes for our planet and its sustainability, and itā€™s an incredibly inefficient use of precious non-renewable resources. Also there are of course many maladies and sicknesses tied to the way we process and eat meat.

And itā€™s stupid because there are alternatives.

2 Likes

We are talking about the matchmaker here, right. And people believing that they are being ā€œheld backā€. What does your scrim actually prove in this regard, when you disconnect the test from the actual problem?

The question was: Does a bronze player deserve to play much higher, regardless of his/her MMR/SR?

My test strategy would be to test his/her mechanical capabilities first, as they are crucial to further insights.

Your approach would literally NOT answer that question.

3 Likes

Your test is bad because mechanical skills are like a very small fraction of overwatch skillsā€¦

They funniest test would actually be a scrim with

Cuthbert, Ethernyet, Rigged/Receipts, HULK, BrightTitan and Bro

Vs.

Basil, Suirrel, rhainsict, Abdullah9000, Octo24 and maybe Romulus.

I would donate 20 EUR to charity project to witness that tournament.

6 Likes

You are of course making a lot of assumptions here, and thats fine as I really donā€™t want to argue this subject here. But I have to say, your proclamations are just plain out of control.

P.S. Not saying your points are invalid. Thereā€™s a reason indigenous cultures around the world pretty much all share the concept of balance (within nature). And Iā€™d say centering a meal around meat is definitely NOT how they practiced foraging.

3 Likes

Iā€™d actually come out of retirement for that game.

5 Likes

I LITERALLY believe that this would be BIGGER than the last OWL tournament :slight_smile: at least for this forum.

COMMUNITY BRAWL 2022

The Raging Riggers VS. The Git Gut Gladiators

I would design logos for both teams, sell merchandise and give the profits to child cancer stuff.

5 Likes

Omegalulā€¦

Problem is, you put 3 DPS players on one team. If I was going to recruit from the ā€œgit gudā€ squad, or forum mafia, whatever they;re calling us these days, Iā€™d pick another support player so the other two can DPS and Iā€™ll OT. Or vice versaā€¦

2 Likes

I LOVE IT!!

1000000/1000000

4 Likes

I would totally donate money to any charity if this happened. Hell, Iā€™d even donate a small sum to Riggedā€™s band of hardworking lawyers.

5 Likes